Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA

Go down 
+6
Skip
brandon
SimianWonder
Baal
Golden Boy
Kaio
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Empty
PostSubject: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:33 pm

The Twilight Saga: New Moon set records as the biggest midnight opening in domestic (United States and Canada) box office history, grossing an estimated $26.3 million in 3,514 theaters. The record was previously held by Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which grossed $22.2 million domestically during its midnight premiere. The film grossed $72.7 million on its opening day domestically, becoming the biggest single-day opening in domestic history, beating The Dark Knight's $67.2 million. This opening strongly contributed to another record: the first time that the top ten films at the domestic box office had a combined gross of over $100 million in a single day. The opening weekend of The Twilight Saga: New Moon is the third highest opening weekend in domestic history with $142,839,137, behind The Dark Knight and Spider-Man 3.

Jesus fuck, America. Stop being made of fail. I mean, it's Twilight for crying out loud. One of the worst written series of the last ten years.

You're even worse than Japan.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:48 pm

I'm tempted to read the books/watch the movies. I've read several articles praising the Twilight phenomenon in OK! and Hello! magazines.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:56 pm

Stephen King said it sucked. He recommended Harry Potter.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:58 pm

Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:39 pm

Quote :
Jesus fuck, America. Stop being made of fail. I mean, it's Twilight for crying out loud. One of the worst written series of the last ten years.

Hey, don't blame us for the fucking legions of teenage girls in this country.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:39 pm

Chuck Bass wrote:
I'm tempted to read the books/watch the movies. I've read several articles praising the Twilight phenomenon in OK! and Hello! magazines.

You'd probably be the kind of guy to gawk at sparkling vampires.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:41 pm

Chuck Bass wrote:

I saw the original film recently, and it wasn't bad at all. New Moon wasn't as good, but both were better than the early Potter films.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:45 pm

fuck, vampires have been ruined.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:50 pm

I liked the early Potter films, so if Twilight films are better, I'll probably have a good time watching them.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:03 pm

Rotten Tomatoes scores:

Harry Potter 1: 78%
Harry Potter 2: 82%
Harry Potter 3: 89%

Twilight: 49%
Twilight: New Moon: 28%

IMDB scores:

Harry Potter 1: 7.2/10
Harry Potter 2: 7.2/10
Harry Potter 3: 7.7/10

Twilight: 5.8/10
Twilight: New Moon: 4.6/10
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:04 pm

Like I said, blame it on the hormonal teenage girls for making this series popular.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:06 pm

Apparantly Simian is a hormonal teenage girl too.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:08 pm

Oh noez. I'm a monster. I'm sparkling.

No thanks.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Don't forget the stalking and riding the emo fad.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:12 pm

Kaio wrote:
Apparantly Simian is a hormonal teenage girl too.

I wouldn't doubt it, this is the internet.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Yeah, i forgot it was even worse than just ruining the reputation of vampires.

I mean shit, if these guys want vampires, give them Interview With a Vampire, and Bramstroker's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Twilight is Star Wars for girls...Iunno, I'm just comparing two shit series to one another that managed to make a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Skip wrote:

I mean shit, if these guys want vampires, give them Interview With a Vampire, and Bramstroker's.

BUFFY AND ANGEL.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:18 pm

Your bro wrote:
Twilight is Star Wars for girls...Iunno, I'm just comparing two shit series to one another that managed to make a lot of money.

Except Star Wars created an enormous, original universe with diverse characters, epic space fights and much more. It was groundbreaking for its time and one of the milestone in movie history.

Twilight did nothing but be a cliche ridden terribly written book, with an equally terribly acted film. And now there's a manga too.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:20 pm

To it's credit though, at least the movie has rifftracks that make it bearable to watch.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:20 pm

so i guess in a few years vampires won't be lords of the night anymore?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:22 pm

Kaio wrote:
Your bro wrote:

Except Star Wars created an enormous, original universe with diverse characters, epic space fights and much more. It was groundbreaking for its time and one of the milestone in movie history.

Twilight did nothing but be a cliche ridden terribly written book, with an equally terribly acted film. And now there's a manga too.

lolwut?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:22 pm

Kaio wrote:
Skip wrote:

BUFFY AND ANGEL.
I was talking movies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:23 pm

Kaio wrote:
Your bro wrote:

Ah, I've never bothered with it.

How aaabbboouutt, uuhh... Y'know I really don't know why I hate Twilight. I just do. It's just bad.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:23 pm

Skip wrote:
Kaio wrote:
Skip wrote:

BUFFY AND ANGEL.
I was talking movies.

oh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA   Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twilight: New Moon breaks records... IN AMERICA
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next