Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got assassin's creed 2

Go down 
+11
Rockstar_Sinistar
Talking Sock
Kaio
Kimarous
Skip
Haseoviawesome
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaede
Maskull
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:24 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Also, yeah, there is a big reveal at the end. But you still don't need to pay attention to Ezio's story because the big reveal has absolutely nothing to do with him. So just watch the final scenes.

Shit that ending was cool and i read through the codecs that altair wrote, seems kinda intersting, still dislike ezio though, but i'm more interested in desmond now.

The DLC for this game was awesome i really enjoyed those levels a lot more challenging then the stuff in the normal game.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:30 am

Yeah, the extra tombs and stuff were good. I didn't like the chase sequences in those though, mainly because it was actually impossible to catch the guys running away.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:37 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Yeah, the extra tombs and stuff were good. I didn't like the chase sequences in those though, mainly because it was actually impossible to catch the guys running away.

Well i enjoyed the first two chases the third one annoyed me cause i kept fucking up the route. I was wondering if you could catch him , i assumed it was possible if you did it perfectly. They seemed to set up loads of things on the final straight for a jumping assassination so i'm assuming if you try them a couple of times you could do it.

I think all the assassination missions in forli were probably the best in the game except what was probably my favourite the one in bonfire of the vanities and you have to kill the guy on the boat without being seen. I like alot of the bonfire missions as they had the not being seen bit and this game was otherwise way too easy. Anyway i've platinumed it and only missing treasure chests which i refus to do so i guess i'll consider getting brotherhood. Although my dislike of ezio is putting me off i'll find out if desmond gets much screentime before i get it.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:42 am

Yeah, that part irritated me as well. If only you could swoop in like a falcon and fuck their shit up.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:10 pm

A little late to the party, but I've just picked up the GOTY version of AC2 on the 360. You get all the DLC included, and it was only a tenner off Play.com. Bargain.

Now, it's been a while since I played AC1, so the controls have taken a little longer to get used to than I'd expected, and some of the character models look weird; facially, they're a very mixed bunch, though the majority are simply hideously ugly. Anyway, that aside, the frame rate is certainly a lot smoother than AC's (though that may be partially due to having the PS3 version of AC), and the cities themselves seem far more detailed. I'm not far into the story, Ezio's only just discovered his brother and father have been taken to prison, but it's good fun thus far.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:03 pm

So I borrowed this from a friend, and just finished reading the plot summary on GameFAQs. It was 36 pages long, holy shit!
It was kinda interesting to read, and it got me psyched for the second. Starting tomorrow. What to expect?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:04 pm

Amazing things.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:22 pm

As much as I'm enjoying AC2, did anyone else feel the assassinations themselves felt more forced than ACs? In AC you were given your target, given their location and left to your own devices as to how you went about the kill. AC2 seems to walk you right up to them, doing everything short of pressing the kill button itself.

Don't get me wrong, it's a huge improvement over the flawed-yet-charismatic original, but so far I haven't yet had that buzz going in for the kill that AC gave me.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:26 pm

It didn't really bug me because every assassination is unique in AC2, while in AC1 things became repetitive real quick. Unless you have an original mind. Which I don't.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:55 pm

I never played the original Assassins Creed (instead watching an LP on Youtube), so I wouldn't really know.

I'm actually in the middle of replaying AC2 in anticipation for ACB (which I hope to get for Christmas).
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:02 pm

I'm also asking AC:B for Christmas.

Lots of games I want right now.

AC:B
Epic Mickey
Sly Trilogy
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
Donkey Kong Country Returns

Thank God they're all coming out around Christmas.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:08 pm

I think part of my complaint is that AC2 is a little too user-friendly. It doesn't punish you enough for mistakes. The game's been criticised in some quarters for being too easy, and while I'm happy for most of the game to be reasonably simple, something's amiss when you can essentially ignore any pretentions of stealth and simply run past the guards to your target and kill him. Nine times out of the ten, you'll get a cut scene and when it finished all the guards are gone.

Maybe that's it? AC made you feel badass because you knew that each succesful assassination was down to you; AC2 holds your hand a little too much in that regard. You don't feel like you earned your kill, and I think it cheapens it somewhat.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:54 pm

All of the core gameplay elements were improved in AC2, it's just that everything else seemed inferior. I didn't play it as much as AC1.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:35 am

I see where you're coming from Simian, I noticed it too. But I think it didn't really bother me because AC2 was pretty much always a fresh experience.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:20 am

SimianWonder wrote:
I think part of my complaint is that AC2 is a little too user-friendly. It doesn't punish you enough for mistakes. The game's been criticised in some quarters for being too easy, and while I'm happy for most of the game to be reasonably simple, something's amiss when you can essentially ignore any pretentions of stealth and simply run past the guards to your target and kill him. Nine times out of the ten, you'll get a cut scene and when it finished all the guards are gone.

Maybe that's it? AC made you feel badass because you knew that each succesful assassination was down to you; AC2 holds your hand a little too much in that regard. You don't feel like you earned your kill, and I think it cheapens it somewhat.

oh yeah there was definitely an element of that, but its really easy to do things stelthily so thats just how i didi it.

There's some really good bonus missioins in one of the chapters not in the original game thats on your GOTY edinition and those don't allow you to be seen and i much prefer that stipulation I wish you could turn it on for the whole game.

Also Altair>Ezio, who i felt absolutely no attachment to as he seemed to like aging for no good reason.

Actually that said i loved chapter 12 and 13 and the hidden locations i think i prefrred them to most parts in the standard game.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:01 am

What difficulty do you recommend? My first instinct is Normal, but is it so easy that Hard is more fun?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:38 am

Kaede wrote:
What difficulty do you recommend? My first instinct is Normal, but is it so easy that Hard is more fun?
I don't think there is a difficulty if you do find one crank it up because this game is stupidly easy even if it is really fun.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:56 pm

I feel dumb, but does this auto-save? I'm stalking the guy who killed your father, and I suddenly spawned at a different place after finding a viewpoint, so do those work as save points?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:15 pm

It saves pretty much every time you do something.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:16 pm

Kaede wrote:
I feel dumb, but does this auto-save? I'm stalking the guy who killed your father, and I suddenly spawned at a different place after finding a viewpoint, so do those work as save points?
Kaede's Batman
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Also Altair>Ezio, who i felt absolutely no attachment to as he seemed to like aging for no good reason.
Yeah, the time-span was handled pretty badly. The whole game happens over 10 years or something, but it really doesn't feel like it.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:21 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaede wrote:
Kaede's Batman
Damn right I'm Batman.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Yeah, the time-span was handled pretty badly. The whole game happens over 10 years or something, but it really doesn't feel like it.
The main thing is i don't really get why time passes so much.

Hell i think i looked away from the screen like a second, during the loading and missed the fact a two year time skip had happened.

There seems to be no explanation as to what ezio was doing in 2 years except i assume sitting on a bench as he doesn't seem to do much else, seeing as we see all the killings he does. Hell even if he said "i've been looking for 2 years and nothing, oh who's that chick she's got evidence sweet lets do shit." I mean the gameplay is solid and the story is somewhat intersting when they stick to it, but there seems to be a lot of distractions. Both games suffer from needlessly long dialogue, which if shortened or simplified would keep things fresher and more intersting. The plots are intersting they are just badly delivered. Although the mindfuck ending is done great.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:31 pm

I liked how the chick had been looking everywhere for him for two years and not found him, when apparently he has done nothing for the entire period. Probably didn't even wash his clothes.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Kaede wrote:
I liked how the chick had been looking everywhere for him for two years and not found him, when apparently he has done nothing for the entire period. Probably didn't even wash his clothes.
He needed 2 years practice to sit broodingly on benches. Also all these chicks seem to love ezio i'm suprised you don't see a budding romance, i'm not even sure what happens to his gf, and spoiler it if its told in game, no need to ruin the story for simi and kaede.

These guys need to learn to write better protagonists the game is fantastic but ezio is just annoying, desmond is a plank of wood and altair was a arrogant prick but he was supposed to be so by default he ends up being the most likable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got assassin's creed 2
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next