Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just finished FFVIII.

Go down 
+7
Robzooo
Maskull
Rockstar_Sinistar
SimianWonder
Talking Sock
Kimarous
Baal
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Just finished FFVIII. Empty
PostSubject: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 1:01 am

It was enjoyable, maybe not the best but fuck I liked it.

And Squall takes the spot of one of my favorite FF protagonists. I also liked how the game showed that the more obsessed Seifer became the less he started caring about himself and his clothes had become tattered and worn. It is nice to see he became a good guy in the end. Rinoa was kind of dull but she helps Squall become awesome so I'll let it slide.

Fuck, Laguna was awesome too. Ultimecia was a really crappy villain though, even her final forms were pretty lame. And Quistis and Irvene weren't doing anything to make me care much about them. The ending sequence was fantastic, the game wasn't really difficult, the GF and Junction system is... bearable. The music was pretty good too and I love how UItimecia fucks herself into an infinite cycle of her own death in the end.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:09 am

I just couldn't stand the Junction/GF of this game. I can't say anything about this game beyond that, since the gameplay completely turned me off.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:12 am

The Junction system was not that bad. Every FF Game has some gimmick to the battle system and I may have not cared for it but got used to the Junction system quickly.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 3:24 am

The junction is awesome when you get used to it and use it right. But that's the problem, it's TOO awesome it can make you hax through the game easily when drawing and training on those heaven and hell islands or simply training in general. >_>

My favorite part of the game was probably the end of the disk, seemed shit stopping throughout that whole city when regarding its time and console(even if it's not really as big as I make it out to be), it was just fun. =3
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:37 am

FFVIII's story sucked. Squall was a poor lead character, combining all of the traits that Cloud gets dissed for with teen angst and big sister issues, and Laguna was just an idiot. I hated his segments of the game, because I didn't give a toss what happened to him. Edea / Ultimecia was a dull villain, and while it's nice to have a villain pulling the strings unseen sometimes, it was rather poorly done here.

That said, the junction / GF system I really liked. It's odd really, in that FFVII is my favourite FF, yet VIII has it beat for in game mechanics, and it's technically a better game too, looking far less dated than VII's chibi style. The difference is though that I wanted to see VII through to it's conclusion whereas VIII felt likea chore because the story was so mind numbingly boring. Oh, and Rinoa looked like the spitting image of Tifa, just in a dress, and FFVIII's best moment was Seifer one shotting Odin. Seriously, the guy kills one of your summons. That was a genuine 'wtf?!' moment. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:53 am

SimianWonder wrote:
FFVIII's best moment was Seifer one shotting Odin. Seriously, the guy kills one of your summons. That was a genuine 'wtf?!' moment. Awesome.

Same thing happens in Chaos Legion. It's your best Legion that the main villain breaks too. Sad You end up having to get the 9 fragments back together throughout the game.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:00 am

Rockstar_Firion wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
FFVIII's best moment was Seifer one shotting Odin. Seriously, the guy kills one of your summons. That was a genuine 'wtf?!' moment. Awesome.

Same thing happens in Chaos Legion. It's your best Legion that the main villain breaks too. Sad You end up having to get the 9 fragments back together throughout the game.
...two of which you have to backtrack through hell to get--and the form you have at the beginning isnt the final form.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:20 am

Now FFIX, there was a respectable classic. The characters, the music, the story, etc. Kickass stuff. Almost beats Skies of Arcadia...ALMOST.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:42 am

Quote :
FFVIII's story sucked.
Quote :

I will admit, the story was not well told and borderlined on Schizophrenic.

Quote :
Squall was a poor lead character, combining all of the traits that Cloud gets dissed for with teen angst and big sister issues

Because god forbid he feel sad for his parents disappearing as a child and his only sister leaving him alone. He was alone ever since he was a child, it's pretty hard to not angst after that especially considering Squall thought he couldn't trust anyone and just though they would leave him.

And we all know that he develops amazingly later and actually learns to trust people and stop being such a loner.

Quote :
Laguna was just an idiot

Oh fuck you, Laguna was great. He provided a nice contrast at the start compared to Squall's angst and was trying his hardest to find the daughter he loved so much. His wife died, he lost his daughter, and had to hold the fact his friend becoming a mute was his fault on his shoulders but he still found the courage to smile and not give up. That is a man I can respect.

Quote :

And then Gilgamesh comes out and bitch slaps him back to hell. Therefore solidifying that Gilgamesh is one of the best characters in Final Fantasy history.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:19 am

I didn't like Laguna. Sue me.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:48 am

Laguna is like the most (blank) ever.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:51 am

SimianWonder wrote:
I didn't like Laguna. Sue me.

I'll see you in court this Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:53 am

Laguna is like an FF character only happy, cool.
Back to top Go down
Robzooo
Deck Hand
Robzooo

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 1:57 pm

I just repayed this game again and although the first time I felt like Simian (hated the prot and story), having dealt with the dearth of shit rpgs recently I really see how amazing this story is.

As a coming of age tale of love and trust, it really was good.

Im seriously glad I replayed this shiznit
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 3:59 pm

Well, Got this yesterday on PSN.

And I fucking love it. ...I just wish that FUCKING Evo-whatever at the Comm. Tower wasn't such a faggotbitchcockfag (Yes, I made that up. And yes, I am raging!) I died TWICE to that fucking ass! And I still have to try again!

...After this fight, Imma grind to level 50!!!! I'm tired of my Final Fantasies kicking my underleveled ass.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:54 pm

a tip: abuse the junction system to HELL. the game will be cake afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:57 pm

...*facepalm* It would also help to have the other two have said junctions. I've got all three on me and the other two are naked. >_>
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 5:00 pm

>_>
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:18 pm

lol, White Man can't dance. XD
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 5:51 am

tri[le triad is a great game

side from that laguna was a dick despite looking like he'd start off to be cool
i don't remember seifer turning good

also the game was broke meltdown plus aura spell on squall = ownde on basically everything in the game
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:10 pm

Well, Just got the Brothers GF. About to see Caraway now.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:17 am

Mind = Blown

http://squallsdead.com/

...Prolly old as Jesus, And it is a "theory".
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:30 am

ff 8 is ok
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:49 am

seemed bollocks to me
kinda an overanalysis
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:02 am

...oh well, I gues I should try to not be as easy to entertain as I usually am. XD

Besides, Didn't FFX pull that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just finished FFVIII.   Just finished FFVIII. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just finished FFVIII.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next