Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Uncharted is pretty good.

Go down 
+6
Superbuu3
Skip
Talking Sock
Kaede
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:03 pm

aside from hiding and shooting is there really anything more to the shooting system

kinda felt like you just had to make sure you picked a decent spot to hide behind
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
aside from hiding and shooting is there really anything more to the shooting system

kinda felt like you just had to make sure you picked a decent spot to hide behind

Well what else could you really do with the shooting? Thankfully the enemies aren't idiots most of the time though, at least they dodge, hide and so forth. And then you can run and gun sometimes if it isn't practically an army against you, run and gun works especially well against those descendant creatures.

The overall thing about this game is how it's not JUST a shooter, it's an adventure game overall.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:11 pm

That's not necessarily true Buu, on Crushing you have to move between hiding spots because the enemies aren't total deashits, an do flank you.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:49 pm

Sora wrote:
Well what else could you really do with the shooting?
Uncharted 2 tried really hard to do a lot with it. That's why it's so much better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:54 pm

Sora wrote:

It's a video game. You could do a lot actually.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 6:35 pm

Oh yeah, one thing I'd like to discuss about is the unique but mind knumbing plot. I don't know what the hell's more confusing, That U-Boat's foreshadowing of Descendants or the diary.

First of all, for the diary, how the heck did it get in that coffin. It was said that it was confiscated by Queen Elizabeth. We know for a fact that he lost it at that point before returning to that island(I assume because that's when he wanted to deal with the curse, clearly he didn't stay on the island when he first went there as then he wouldn't of been able to collect all the Spaniard's maps, clues and so forth).

This is the conclusion I've come to, Drake and his crew knew of the curse and had escaped, the Queen confiscated the diary and all the stuff they stole from the Spaniards AND THEN stole the diary back somehow(but must have lost that one missing page in the process, maybe it fell out or the Queen had it, who knows), because Drake would've been hunted down for that, he faked his death and hid his diary away with it(probably to make sure no one would be able to go looking for the island). Him and his crew then headed back to the island to deal with the cursed Spaniards, they all murdered his crew, he wrote that note you find at the projector and then was killed later in a final stand against them in the vault.

Years later, the Germans obtained that missing page(the map) and went off to search for El Dorado. They managed to find the island, built that facility and found El Dorado just like the Spaniards did. One of their guys got cursed, then they found the note and realised what happened. Then the rest of the Germans must have been killed/cursed too.

NOW this leads to the biggest mind fucker of all, THAT U-BOAT!!!!!

What IS THAT doing there on the first island? I mean, really, WHAT IS IT DOING THERE? Were they escaping the second island through the map's original path(which explains what they're doing passing through the same island as El Dorado's original resting place)? Were they GOING to the island along with other Germans but got screwed? And this isn't even the bottom of the barrel. HOW DID A DESCENDANT GET THERE? This may be proof that they were some Germans who tried to escape the 2nd island BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT another theory comes to mind. The descendant/descendants that attacked them may have originated from the island.

Way back at the beginning we learn that there are carvings on the wall in the temple on the first island of those creatures worshipping the El Dorado statue. This clearly means that there were tribal people(I assume) who once lived there and that the cursed person inside may have been some old witch doctor or some old greater being to them. Somehow the curse got to them(maybe some dumbass was messing around) and thus the attack against the Germans. The question is...Where were they when Nate and Sully came on to the scene? Were those two just lucky to miss them? I mean, what the hell?

I'm going with the fact that those u-boat Germans were just trying to go back yet a descendant stowed away. What happened to that one is anyone's guess, it probably drowned or something.

Well, that was a brain grinder, the developers said they wanted this to be a heavy-story driven game to look deep into and here we go. We either have stupid plot holes or that's all we're left to assume had happened.

Last edited by Sora on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 6:36 pm

Your Bro wrote:
Sora wrote:

It's a video game. You could do a lot actually.

Pretty much but I'm just saying that the criticism isn't that much needed, it's just shooting and going through things, we don't need to do so much shit at the time since that's all you can really use to get through it, running and gunning is just so much funner when you're not up against an army though. Oh and screwing guys with grenades.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:22 pm

Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Well what else could you really do with the shooting? Thankfully the enemies aren't idiots most of the time though, at least they dodge, hide and so forth. And then you can run and gun sometimes if it isn't practically an army against you, run and gun works especially well against those descendant creatures.

The overall thing about this game is how it's not JUST a shooter, it's an adventure game overall.

well the main problem would be (at least for the first one)
they clearly make shooting part of the core gameplay and the shooting really isn't that good

and in terms of how you can make shooting fun just look at other games
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:01 am

Superbuu3 wrote:

and in terms of how you can make shooting fun just look at other games

I never mentioned that. The shooting was already fun in the game.

Last edited by Sora on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:25 pm

Well goddammit I enjoyed the demo of the second one.

I'll probably pick up both of them after I get something I need for my Wii.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:47 am

CHOPPA DOOL! wrote:
Well goddammit I enjoyed the demo of the second one.

I'll probably pick up both of them after I get something I need for my Wii.

You better, they're fucking amazing and thank God for a 3rd one being announced.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:42 am

i need to check out the second

i doubt i'll get the first
the multiplayer on the second makes it more appealing
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:47 am

I liked Uncharted. I'm gonna pick up Uncharted 2 pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:54 am

Yeah Uncharted 2 is better, but you should rent the first one. Or hell, you can pick it up for $20 AU, so you could probably get it for less than 10 quid.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:59 am

I got it decently cheap online at half.com
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:10 am

wow

i dunno what it is about uncharted 2 but its like way better then the first one
and it looks just amazing
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:28 am

What's better is they realised what sucked about the first game and didn't do it anymore. The action segments are far more active and are designed to get you moving around and doing crazy shit rather than just plonking you in a courtyard with a few chest high walls and 20 enemies.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 7:44 pm

just started playing now, lets hope this hasn't aged badly

assumed i could handle hard lets see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 7:57 pm

It probably aged pretty badly. The game was never that great to begin with, let alone after the massive improvement that was U2.

U1 Elena and Sully are a lot more fun than U2 Elena and British Megan Fox though.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:09 pm

Cloe is australian....or at least her VA is.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:12 pm

It's way too early to say that it's aged badly. It'll just seem a lot simpler than Uncharted 2.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:57 am

It's been four years, there is no way it could possibly have aged badly. It looks AND plays better than a lot of games now.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:01 am

First impressions were good i literally did the boat bit and i swear chloe is way better in this one looks better to. I didn't get why drake liked her at all from how whiney she is in two.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:15 am

Elena, not Chloe.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:20 am

Hey i don't take names just numbers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Uncharted is pretty good.   So Uncharted is pretty good. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Uncharted is pretty good.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next