Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Ocean: Last Hope

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

Star Ocean: Last Hope Empty
PostSubject: Star Ocean: Last Hope   Star Ocean: Last Hope Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:36 am

Started playing it a couple days ago, so far so good.
I may just do a review on this just because it's awesome.
Voices need some work on though.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Star Ocean: Last Hope   Star Ocean: Last Hope Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:26 am

Ok I beat the game, this blew Star Ocean 3 out of the water.
No spoliares Razz

The story is awesome, a lot of unexpected moments. Sadly even though you travel planet to planet by ship. You dont get to have a fight using it. Every character has their own story as well which you can interact with and when you grow their affection towards you high enough they can sleep with you in the same room which then increases that even more ( I did Edge and Reimi, would of done talking cleavage but I didnt want to go through so many scenes with her in this run.

All the cutscenes have the same graphics except for a few which can be easily told apart. They went lazy on one of the last scenes with the ship. I dont know if it was a mistake but a character was stuck walking into the wall for a moment while they were walking down a straight hallway.

The battles, the only thing they'd need to add to make it better is longer combos on normal hits, but you can do that through via item creation. The skills look awesome, especially some of the old spells they brought in form the other star ocean games (Explosion FTW). The battle gauge can be filled up by doing certain task in battle. Sadly they lowered the exp bonus in half but that to can be fixed through item creation. A new thing they added in is rush in place of fury. Fury is basically the amount of skills you can use and how hard of a attack you can fend off. Now since they took that out, defending attacks depends on your guard stat. Rush increases when you attack or being attacked. When it reached full you can use it for a power, and speed boost. Also if any other people in your team are in rush you can both do a ultimate combo which doubles your damage and increases the battle gauge a lot. You can also boost your skills by using a person's sp form leveling up or by using the team's sp from doing quests, harvesting, mining, or opening chest.

Item creation's stat increases has been lowered because in Star Ocean 3, you can become godly powerful with just 10,000fol which is easy to obtain. Good thing of it all is that it now uses SP instead of cash. They also made to where you must go out through the planets to find the materials to make the best stuff.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Star Ocean: Last Hope   Star Ocean: Last Hope Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:27 am

I'm currently doing one of the secret dungeons after the story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Ocean: Last Hope   Star Ocean: Last Hope Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Ocean: Last Hope
Page 1 of 1