Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!

Go down 
+8
Kay
Sam
Slayer0
MetatronTorment
Estelle
Dirjel
Balthier Bunansa
Baal
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:39 pm

Now know this. I am quite good at RP Games. I can figure out puzzles, I have enough patience to stand the long cutscenes. And II usually know what the hell is going on. So here are my complaints about one of the most annoying RPG Games I've played to this day! Star Ocean til The End of Fucking Time!

1. I've never played a Star Ocean before this one and I'm not sure if this is a recurring thing in the others but, WHY IN THE NAME OF HELL DOES IT TAKE YOU SO LONG TO GET THROUGH A DUNGEON?! After I got Cliff and what's-her-face on my team in the prison, I go through this long unbearable dungeon! And I timed how long it took me! TOOK ME THREE MOTHERFUCKING HOURS TO GET THROUGH IT! And everytime I expected for the end to hit BOOMJ another fucking hallway! There are so many god damn dead-ends!

2. Why are the puzzles so fucking vague? The god damn Turtle/ Crab thing one took me thirty minutes because I couldn't figure out the right path and had to be fucking careful! I didn't expect I had to actually direct the thing! Then after I got used to where everything was gonna be! Turns out I picked the wrong one!

3. I think the battle system is something to compliment in this game. I really do. It's actually puts the Action in Action RPG. That is.......IF IT WEREN'T IN LOVE WITH IT'S OWN FUCKING STORY! Why does every cutscene range from 5 Minutes to 10 Decades?! Okay maybe that's a stretch! A god damn year then! This game is so annoying! It's in love with it's own story! And it ain't all that great from what I can tell! And yes I know there's a skip feature! But when I skip I'm left in the dark about what I'm supposed to do next!

4. I never finished the game. or even got past the first disc! This game's 3 Hour long dungeons, several hours of storyline and minimal gameplay turned me off of it completely!

5. And the voice acting sucks a huge cock too!

RANT OVER!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:43 pm

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Balthier Bunansa
Skypiea Priest
Balthier Bunansa

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Holy frick...

It took you 3 hours to get through the Airyglyph Aqueducts?
Like, really? I mean, like, seriously?

It takes me less than that to get through the final dungeon. >_>

Just because you pretty much suck at the game, doesn't make it a bad game. >_>
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:55 pm

I hated that game too.
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:13 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
1. I've never played a Star Ocean before this one and I'm not sure if this is a recurring thing in the others but, WHY IN THE NAME OF HELL DOES IT TAKE YOU SO LONG TO GET THROUGH A DUNGEON?! After I got Cliff and what's-her-face on my team in the prison, I go through this long unbearable dungeon! And I timed how long it took me! TOOK ME THREE MOTHERFUCKING HOURS TO GET THROUGH IT! And everytime I expected for the end to hit BOOMJ another fucking hallway! There are so many god damn dead-ends!

Uhh.

Airgylph Aqueduct is the shortest dungeon in the game. It couldn't have taken you three hours, it takes ten minutes to explore the entirety of the dungeon.

Try the Firewall.

Quote :
2. Why are the puzzles so fucking vague? The god damn Turtle/ Crab thing one took me thirty minutes because I couldn't figure out the right path and had to be fucking careful! I didn't expect I had to actually direct the thing! Then after I got used to where everything was gonna be! Turns out I picked the wrong one!

If you read the manual, you'd have figured out you direct the turtle/crab things. That being said, that particular dungeon is quite tedious, but not hard.

Quote :
3. I think the battle system is something to compliment in this game. I really do. It's actually puts the Action in Action RPG. That is.......IF IT WEREN'T IN LOVE WITH IT'S OWN FUCKING STORY! Why does every cutscene range from 5 Minutes to 10 Decades?! Okay maybe that's a stretch! A god damn year then! This game is so annoying! It's in love with it's own story! And it ain't all that great from what I can tell! And yes I know there's a skip feature! But when I skip I'm left in the dark about what I'm supposed to do next!

Considering it is the BEGINNING of the game, most story takes place there and diminishes after a while. Try playing past Kirlsa.

Quote :
4. I never finished the game. or even got past the first disc! This game's 3 Hour long dungeons, several hours of storyline and minimal gameplay turned me off of it completely!

So you can make an assessment on a game based off of a fourth of the first disc?

lol
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:25 pm

Dude. I borrowed the game from Haseo. He didn't have the manual inside! I think! ANyways! I didn't know it was the shortest dungeon! Like I said it's annoying as hell to go somewhere without running into a dead end!

Wasn't Kirlsa the beginning of the game? Oh well! I'm not playing it again! I can't stand a game that is so in love with its own story it won't let you play it! Being at the beginning of the game is no reason for the cutscenes to be so long! Look at ever FF, DQ, and .Hack game people have played. The story starts with a long cutscene! And it's not til the end that we get extremely long cutscenes!
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:26 pm

Cross to the Trigger wrote:
Holy frick...

It took you 3 hours to get through the Airyglyph Aqueducts?
Like, really? I mean, like, seriously?

It takes me less than that to get through the final dungeon. >_>

Just because you pretty much suck at the game, doesn't make it a bad game. >_>

Like I said. The Gameplay was good. i don't remember were I left off before I decided to stop playing. I think Haseo told me it was towards the end of the first disc. If you like it, that's you. I didn't enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:26 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Dude. I borrowed the game from Haseo. He didn't have the manual inside! I think! ANyways! I didn't know it was the shortest dungeon! Like I said it's annoying as hell to go somewhere without running into a dead end!

Wasn't Kirlsa the beginning of the game? Oh well! I'm not playing it again! I can't stand a game that is so in love with its own story it won't let you play it! Being at the beginning of the game is no reason for the cutscenes to be so long! Look at ever FF, DQ, and .Hack game people have played. The story starts with a long cutscene! And it's not til the end that we get extremely long cutscenes!
I take it you hated MGS4, also?

Don't let Walnut hear you saying that XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:27 pm

So3 is really good, and you keep going to fast on the turtles. Ya I got to agree that the turtles are the most annoying part of the game
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:30 pm

Godot wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:

I didn't hate MGS4. I actually think it's the best game ever made so far. People stress too much over the amount of cutscenes in it. But the game ranges to five hours of total gameplay. And the gameplay actually redeemed the amount of the story involved.
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:31 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:

Not the instruction manual.

The manual on the turtle/crab thing machine. There's an actual "HOW TO RIDE THIS ANIMAL" manual.

Quote :

It honestly isn't in love with its own story, it's just in quite a lull until you actually get out of Kirlsa. The gameplay isn't "minimal" either, it's actually most of the game. Cutscenes aren't that long (you have scene skip option too).

My advice is to try the game again without getting frustrated at everything. Refer to a FAQ (lolGameFAQs) for dungeons you're confused about (really shouldn't be many) and enjoy it rather than hate it.

Despite having a plot twist that ruins the chances for the Star Ocean series to have a sequel, it is still a good game and even better as a standalone game.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:31 pm

Mr Awesome Haseo wrote:
So3 is really good, and you keep going to fast on the turtles. Ya I got to agree that the turtles are the most annoying part of the game

Like i said! If you like it, that's you! I didn't enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Dancing of the Flames wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:

Not the instruction manual.

The manual on the turtle/crab thing machine. There's an actual "HOW TO RIDE THIS ANIMAL" manual.

Quote :

It honestly isn't in love with its own story, it's just in quite a lull until you actually get out of Kirlsa. The gameplay isn't "minimal" either, it's actually most of the game. Cutscenes aren't that long (you have scene skip option too).

My advice is to try the game again without getting frustrated at everything. Refer to a FAQ (lolGameFAQs) for dungeons you're confused about (really shouldn't be many) and enjoy it rather than hate it.

Despite having a plot twist that ruins the chances for the Star Ocean series to have a sequel, it is still a good game and even better as a standalone game.

I'll try. Don't expect much though.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:33 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Godot wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:

I didn't hate MGS4. I actually think it's the best game ever made so far. People stress too much over the amount of cutscenes in it. But the game ranges to five hours of total gameplay. And the gameplay actually redeemed the amount of the story involved.
*hypocrisy facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:34 pm

I mean, I won't get on your back if you didn't enjoy the story, most people did not agree with the plot twist.

Still, the item creation and gameplay are quite good.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:34 pm

Godot wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
Godot wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:

*hypocrisy facepalm*

The gameplay didn't redeem the story for this one! That's the main difference!
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:35 pm

The only thing bad about SO3's gameplay is the AI, but that is easily remedied by not being a retard with the HP/MP/Offense/Defense AI training.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:35 pm

I mean, I won't get on your back if you didn't enjoy the story, most people did not agree with the plot twist.

I'll probably get it when I run out of game choices.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:36 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:

So, liek, nevar?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:37 pm

Godot wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:

So, liek, nevar?

Probably. I still have a list of other SMT games I want. Then there's Marvel vs Capcom 2. Then some PSP games. And a lot of DS Games and GBA Games. So probably.
Back to top Go down
MetatronTorment
General Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:39 pm

MetatronTorment wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Ocean:_The_Last_Hope

Wee!

Edge Maverick = most awesome name ever.
Back to top Go down
Slayer0
Skypiea Priest
Slayer0

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:40 pm

MetatronTorment wrote:

Wee!

Uhhh...
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:40 pm

Slayer 0 wrote:
MetatronTorment wrote:

Wee!

Uhhh...

*Remembers the Rockman X Games*
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:41 pm

WHY AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO LIKES THAT NAME.

JESUS FUCK NUGGET.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!   Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Complaints about Star Ocean Til the End of Time!!!!!!
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next