Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)

Go down 
+4
Kaede
SimianWonder
Baal
Kimarous
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Empty
PostSubject: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:50 pm

Alex has multiple forms of defence. He has a regenerating shield and full body armour, both of which consist of hardened biomass as opposed to metal; as such, it is unknown whether or not Cole's electricity will affect them, but it seems unlikely. Alex is also extremely agile; he could easily outrun and outmaneuver Cole, making melee charges easy. Furthermore, Alex could gain the advantage of the high ground; if he ran up a building and stood at proper angles, Cole wouldn't have a clear shot and would have to climb up after him. As he slowly scurries up after Alex, the viral mutant has plenty of time to prepare an ambush or launch a counterattack.

On top of all this, Alex has a large array of ranged attacks as well. Alex can use any gun he runs across, as well as use any vehicle; let's see Cole try and survive a few tank shells. Alex is also super strong and likely could chuck more material than Cole could counteract. Alex's Claw transformation allows him to shoot spikes from underground, so unless Cole somehow is aware that they are coming, he'll get sodomized by a crapload of pointy spikes. Lastly, and most importantly, Alex has his Whipfist transformation; this move not only allows him to shred enemies up at range, but he could also yank Cole directly into his consuming grasp.

Some argue that Alex's Disguise power is useless against Cole because of his pulse detection, allowing him to see through any disguise. First off, I highly doubt Cole uses that ability so often that he can figure out the "who" and "where" of disguised Alex all the time. All Alex need do is assume the identity of one of his friends (the idiot Zeke, maybe?) to throw Cole off guard.

And on top of all of these, let us not forget Alex's unavoidable Devastator attacks.

Yeah, Cole doesn't stand a chance against Alex...
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:53 pm

This could've easily gone in the "Action" section.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:04 pm

Yeah, I think I'll move it...
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:21 pm

Alex would tear Cole apart, I agree, though largely due to his far superior regeneration abilities and superhuman levels of agiity. Also, Cole has to contend with inFamous' crappy combat system, leaving him shooting at shadows and immobile while Alex leaps over buildings and takes down tanks with one elbow. :p
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:56 pm

"Cole McGraw, a name that's half Irish, half dipshit-"

Cole is so generic and sad, I just want to dig his face into the ground. Alex at least looks better, and he doesn't even show his face that much.

And Alex would kill that faggot.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Alex reminds me of Altair with that hood.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:03 pm

Which is a good thing, right?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:06 pm

Not really. Assassin's Creed was meh.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:06 pm

Kaede wrote:
"Cole McGraw, a name that's half Irish, half dipshit-"

Cole is so generic and sad, I just want to dig his face into the ground. Alex at least looks better, and he doesn't even show his face that much.

And Alex would kill that faggot.
Actually, it's Cole McGrath, not McGraw. Doesn't help much, though...

You know what pisses me off the most? inFAMOUS fanboys dare to say that inFAMOUS has a better story than Prototype! Yes, with it's morally brooding protagonist (while Alex doesn't give two shits), druggie gangs deliberately spreading disease (for no comprehensible reasoning), and a TIME TRAVELING ALTERNATE "YOU" MAIN ANTAGONIST!

Seriously, WTF? If I understand what I've heard correctly, the main antagonist is you from an alternate timeline where an ambigious enemy called "The Beast" (how FUCKING original!) killed alternate Trish (who, in said timeline, married Cole), prompting alternate Cole to go back in time with a posse of wussies so to mould you into an appropriate force to fight "The Beast"... and they do so by killing YOUR Trish. Or some shit like that. I don't know. It sounds stupid as hell.

Prototype is MUCH more compelling. A lot of people dislike how the story is told through gobbling up people's memories, but I think it's a very interesting and innovate method of providing backstory.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:29 pm

I simply don't understand how some people are saying inFamous is a better game, full stop. Prototype is light years ahead. Neither lead character is going to win any awards for design, but at least Alex isn't generic skinhead #2453.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:41 pm

BUT COLE CAN FIRE LIGHTNING ZOMG!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:12 pm

inorite
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Kaio wrote:
BUT COLE CAN FIRE LIGHTNING ZOMG!!!!!

And only if you hold the aim button, which means he can barely move. It's such an idiotic control system, it still amazes me that no one tested it and said; 'hang on, this is crap.'
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:39 pm

BUT THE GRAPHICS ROCK MAN!!!!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:44 pm

What a pity that the art style is so bland and unimaginative, huh? The cutscenes look good mind.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:37 pm

ITS BETTER BECAUSE I ONLY READ THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS FOR THE OTHER GAME!!!!
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:42 pm

Kaio wrote:
ITS BETTER BECAUSE I ONLY READ THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS FOR THE OTHER GAME!!!!

Go suck some dicks then.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:47 pm

I just played the inFamous demo for a few minutes. To give you an indication of how I feel about it, I have now deleted it from my hard drive.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:00 pm

I deleted that shit weeks ago. Stop trying to be cool like me.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:38 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Prototype is light years ahead.
Especially its graphics.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:07 pm

Sly disagrees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:17 pm

Cole is the guy who looks like that other guy from Half-Life, right?

His design is dumb nigguh
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:20 pm

Kaio wrote:
Sly disagrees.

I bet he wouldn't if I cockslapped him.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:45 am

alex mercer. that is all.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS)   Alex (Prototype) >>> Cole (inFAMOUS) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:18 am