Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?

Go down 
+5
Zero
Luffy_Pirate_King
Baal
Maskull
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:06 pm

I am such a dick. wrote:
I'm not buying FF7 when I can pirate it for free.
thats why i cant wait for golden sun DS to come out.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:14 pm

I am such a dick. wrote:

I don't pirate most games, although I have to admit to being guilty of pirating some games. And I figure if enough people support Square enough by buying FF7, it will wake them the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:26 pm

Thor wrote:
I am such a dick. wrote:

I don't pirate most games, although I have to admit to being guilty of pirating some games. And I figure if enough people support Square enough by buying FF7, it will wake them the fuck up.

Square? Learning their lesson after merging with Enix?

I don't think that's going to happen. The new KH games and FFXIV being announced already are proof of that.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:29 pm

I am such a dick. wrote:
Thor wrote:
I am such a dick. wrote:

I don't think that's going to happen. The new KH games and FFXIV being announced already are proof of that.
i feel sorry for FFXI, its gonna be dropped like a baby giraffe when XIV comes out.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:44 pm

I am such a dick. wrote:
Thor wrote:
I am such a dick. wrote:

Ok, yeah you're right. The people at Enix are fucking idiots.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:31 pm

What's wrong with the new KH games?
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Kaio wrote:

I wouldn't know since they haven't had a demo or anything yet, but I was referring to the FF games.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:42 pm

Kaio wrote:

The only thing they improve upon is gameplay. KH2 had so much homolust it wasn't even funny. And not to mention the story was an annoying rehash. Re:Chain of Memories is just stupid. There was no point in remaking an already good game. And to distribute it to America without Final Mix+ was even more bullshit. The new KH game instantly fails from what I read in Sora's topic.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:51 pm

I am such a dick. wrote:
Kaio wrote:

The only thing they improve upon is gameplay.

Which is, as we all know, very unimportant.

Quote :
KH2 had so much homolust it wasn't even funny.

Yeah, it was one scene. One damn scene that's overblown by haters. You of all people shouldn't be complaining about homolust in the first place anyway.

Quote :
And not to mention the story was an annoying rehash.

Just like every game franchise.

Quote :
Re:Chain of Memories is just stupid. There was no point in remaking an already good game. And to distribute it to America without Final Mix+ was even more bullshit.

This I can agree with. Except the part where you said the game was good. The card system was absolutely terrible.

Quote :
The new KH game instantly fails from what I read in Sora's topic.

Which topic?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Quote :
Which is, as we all know, very unimportant.

It's also an RPG. And I've already made a rant about how Action RPG's need to stop failing at one part of the genre like they always do.

Quote :
Yeah, it was one scene. One damn scene that's
overblown by haters. You of all people shouldn't be complaining about
homolust in the first place anyway.

ONE SCENE?

Axel and Roxas' interactions.
Sora and Riku's bullshit.

THERE WAS MORE THAN ONE SCENE.

Quote :

Because Final Fantasy 76, 7, 8, & 9 totally had the same story as each other. Besides it's still shit. Just because one series does it, doesn't mean it's okay for another to do it because it has Disney Characters.

Quote :
The card system was absolutely terrible.

THe card system was hit and miss.

Quote :
Which topic?

https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/action-adventure-f23/so-yeah-if-anyone-saw-yesterday-when-people-were-finishing-kh-days-t8942.htm
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:58 pm

Quote :
You of all people shouldn't be complaining about homolust in the first place anyway.

You of all people? So because I kid around about being gay, read a manga with Gay overtones, and think gay people should be married makes not applicable to complain about homolust in my Kid's games?
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:58 pm

the card system was terrible. The concept of KH1 and 2 was good I thought, but Sora wasn't any cool IMO. But of course, you already knew that (and got me with that on Mew's one forum Razz)
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:00 pm

Thor wrote:
the card system was terrible. The concept of KH1 and 2 was good I thought, but Sora wasn't any cool IMO. But of course, you already knew that (and got me with that on Mew's one forum Razz)

Oh Sora is the biggest faggot of a Square protagonist I have seen.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:00 pm

I am such a dick. wrote:
Thor wrote:

Definitely
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:03 pm

Thor wrote:
Doesn't really make much of a difference to me. For instance I'm replaying FF7 since I just got it on PS3 and I'm replaying OoT and Star Fox adventures all at the same time.

FFVII and OoT are two of the best games ever. People may say they're over-rated, but they're rated highly for a very good reason, and while they're both showing their age technically, they knock a lot of modern games into a cocked hat. Heck, even Twilight Princess wasn't a patch on OoT.

I must have missed the homoerotic scenes in KH2, but then I was bored into a vegetative state by the deathly dullness of the story and repetitive nature of the combat, so I might have slept through it. Roxas was an annoying twat though. I spent three hours of that game playing as a character you know damn well isn't the MC. Way to waste my time.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:03 pm

Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 KH-RiSora-Nobodyswatching
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:04 pm

Quote :
over-rated

They are overrated. Both are very good games, but not the things that come from a god.

For example, Sephiroth was a shitty villain and a mama's boy.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Thor wrote:

Oh you faggot.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:06 pm

I am such a dick. wrote:
Thor wrote:

Oh you faggot.

Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Reapersun20-20KH220-20Ultimate20For
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:13 pm

I am such a dick. wrote:
It's also an RPG. And I've already made a rant about how Action RPG's need to stop failing at one part of the genre like they always do.

There is no rule that RPGs need to have goos stories. DQ games don't even have real stories, yet they're one of the best RPGs out there.

Quote :
Axel and Roxas' interactions.

Kamina and Simon were overtaken by homolust to then.

No, wait, they were GARRRR!!!

Quote :
Sora and Riku's bullshit.

Yes, one scene that can be taken as homolust. The rest, not even close.

Quote :

Because Final Fantasy 76, 7, 8, & 9 totally had the same story as each other. Besides it's still shit. Just because one series does it, doesn't mean it's okay for another to do it because it has Disney Characters.[/quote]

Nintendo franchises always have the same stories and are considered great games, HALO (yes, I'm going there) is always the same and is considered by critics to have a fantastic story, etc. etc.

Quote :
THe card system was hit and miss.

It was just miss.

I am such a dick. wrote:
You of all people? So because I kid around about being gay, read a manga with Gay overtones, and think gay people should be married makes not applicable to complain about homolust in my Kid's games?

No, because you don't mind homolust in all of your faggy mangos and animu and call it badass and what not, but when it happens in something you don't like it's suddenly gay.[quote="I am such a dick."]
Thor wrote:

Quote :

Because he isn't emo all the time like Cloud and Squall?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:18 pm

I am such a dick. wrote:
They are overrated. Both are very good games, but not the things that come from a god.

You need to remember how old those games are now. In 1997, FFVII was like nothing else, adn that's why a lot of people, myself included, still hold it so dear. the story hasn't yet been bettered by another RPG in my opinion. In pure gameplay terms, OoT probably edges it, and if you can find a game that was better paced, better designed, and closer to the vision of a game that was 'come from a God', I'm all ears.

Quote :
For example, Sephiroth was a shitty villain and a mama's boy.

Seph isn't a shitty villain at all. He's a deeply flawed character with issues. He's way better than Edea or Kuja.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:18 pm

You are right about 358/2 Days sucking shit thanks to that scene though. Jesus Christ.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:23 pm

Quote :
There is no rule that RPGs need to have goos stories.

Except that's one of the fucking quirks of RPG's. If it doesn't have a good story and characters then there's no real fucking point in playing it, is there?

So what you're gonna play it for the battle system of turn-based, real time, and what else? Yeah I thought so.

Quote :
Kamina and Simon were overtaken by homolust to then.

Oh wow, you're actually referring to Kamina being a big brother to Simon as homolust? What a faggot. Axel is obsessed with Roxas. He's not like a big brother, he's like a stalker. Although he's still one of the only good characters.

Quote :
Yes, one scene that can be taken as homolust. The rest, not even close.

Yet that scene dragged on for a pretty long-ass time and even included it's own sad music.

Quote :
Nintendo franchises always have the same stories and are considered great games,

Because they're not story based. They're either platform, action, first-person shooter, or adventure. That's about as far as it goes excluding Fire Emblem.

Quote :
No, because you don't mind homolust in all of
your faggy mangos and animu and call it badass and what not, but when
it happens in something you don't like it's suddenly gay.

When did I call homolust badass? I can ignore the fact is has gay overtones and see for what good it is. I tried the same with KH2 and all I saw was an improved battle system of continuously pressing Triangle and removing any challenge.

Quote :
Because he isn't emo all the time like Cloud and Squall?

I never liked Squall. And you're using FF7 Cloud as an example? FF7 Cloud was badass and awesome. He was emo for all of about two hours and then got the fuck over it and started kicking ass again. If you're referring to KH2 Cloud/AC Cloud? He's a faggot. Sora is just your typical whiny teenager protagonist you'd find in any anime.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:28 pm

Quote :
You need to remember how old those games are now. In 1997, FFVII was like nothing else, adn that's why a lot of people, myself included, still hold it so dear. the story hasn't yet been bettered by another RPG in my opinion. In pure gameplay terms, OoT probably edges it, and if you can find a game that was better paced, better designed, and closer to the vision of a game that was 'come from a God', I'm all ears.

I'm looking at it from a 1997 PoV. It's not that fucking godly.

Quote :
Seph isn't a shitty villain at all. He's a deeply flawed character with issues. He's way better than Edea or Kuja.

He's terrible villain. Oh wow, he's a character with issues, WHERE HAVE I SEEN THAT BEFORE? OH RIGHT, LET'S TRY KEFKA, WHO WAS MENTALLY INSANE! HE'S A DEEP VILLAIN BECAUSE HE'S TROUBLED, OH WAIT HE ISN'T, HE'S JUST BATSHIT INSANE. Sephiroth wasn't even fun. Half of the time he ran away and the left the work up to "Mother" like a faggot. The idiot could kill them right there, but nope, he leaves it all up to his idiot of a mother. Sephiroth's goal is cliche as hell too. HE WANTS TO DESTROY THE WORLD BECAUSE PEOPLE TREATED HIM WRONGLY.

Yes, because killing an entire planet will solve your problems, Sephiroth. That's makes all of the sense in the world.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:33 pm

I am such a dick. wrote:
I'm looking at it from a 1997 PoV. It's not that fucking godly.[/qupte]

You're entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong. :p

Quote :

HE WANTS TO DESTROY THE WORLD BECAUSE PEOPLE TREATED HIM WRONGLY. Yes, because killing an entire planet will solve your problems, Sephiroth. That's makes all of the sense in the world.

No. Go play the game again. He doesn't want to destroy the world, he just doesn't care if that happens to be an unfortunate side effect of his goal - he plans to absorb the lifestream into himself by crashing meteor into the planet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?   Can anyone recommend some good PSX games? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can anyone recommend some good PSX games?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next