Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)

Go down 
+5
Kaede
Baal
Rockstar_Sinistar
A_Nonny_Moose
SimianWonder
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:07 pm

hmm maybe in should get in on this
haven't played a good superhero game in ages
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:39 pm

Ugh, there was a really annoying in the gambit level. I died about 5 times. You have to fight 5 or 6 ninja thingies at once, which'd be fine, but they have this attack where they impale you with a spear,a dn you have to break free before they finish the attack. And because there's loads of the buggers, the instant you get hit by that attack, you're a sitting duck, and they all crowd round and jab you one after the other and you fucking get away!
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 2:06 pm

Sounds like MGS4 when walking through the final corridor.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:03 pm

yeah i hate when games up difficulty using cheap tactics
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:51 pm

That's the only bit like that there's been so far. You fight those things fairly often to, and there not a problem. Just 6 of 'em in a small room is tough.

The game does require basic tactics though, which is good.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:02 pm

God damn Deadpool is annoying to fight.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:08 pm

So how's the full game? Is it worth buying, or could you see it all with a few days rental?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:54 pm

It's kinda short, and I doubt there'll be much replay value beyond trying to max your stats out. And there's a hard mode to try if you want, but apparently the game only keeps one save file, so if you start a game on hard, your normal game goes out the window, never to be seen again. Save and load options tend to suck quite a bit this generation. I bet it's developers trying to pander to the "casual" gaming crowd who for some reason wouldn't be able to deal with multiple saves.

But then it is fun, and if you like it it'd be worth buying just to come back to every now and again. That's what I do with most of my games. If you like it, then you probably won't regret buying it. But you're not gonna miss out on anything with just a rental.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 5:08 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
God damn Deadpool is annoying to fight.

Weapon XI!!!

He is not Deadpool yet. Razz

But yeah, He is annoying. VERY Annoying.

oh, I got all three outfits. Now I'm trying to crack the mystery of the 4th bonus game. scratch What could it be? ...Maybe it's all the wolverines in one battle. ...Nah, I doubt that. But that would be cool. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 5:43 am

The 4th thing is some gamestop pre-order exclusive need-a-code-to-unlock bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 7:35 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The 4th thing is some gamestop pre-order exclusive need-a-code-to-unlock bullshit.

Yeah, Gamefaqs told me. -_-

I smell DLC!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:39 pm

Some of the collectibles were well hidden. I poured over the levels with my feral senses a few times and was still missing some.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:49 pm

Oh, and I HATE the camera in this game. It's always moving around by itself to either try and create a dramatic scene or to tell me where to go. I hate it.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:37 pm

lol, Devil May Cry camera angles.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:41 pm

It's tolerable in DMC because that's just how the camera is. It's always that way. The game controls the camera. It doesn't give you control and then constantly fight with you over what you should do with it.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:47 pm

XD Yeah
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:49 pm

I also don't like being treated like an idiot either, which the game tends to do, since as soon as you come across a puzzle of any kind the camera has to zoom around and show you how to solve it. Most of the time anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:50 pm

Yeah, It was good the first time around. But now it just keeps me from getting frozen and across the heat-seeking lasers faster. Mad
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:51 pm

However, I do like pulling a guy's arm off and beating him with the wet end. Or rather, pressing 1 button and then watching that happen.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:55 pm

XD

If I can't do that, I'll just go TTGL on his ass and Drill Through him and his sheild. Very Happy I even shout the attack name and everything.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:41 am

I always quick kill the Goliaths. An uppercut stuns them for a bit so you can grab them easily.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:24 am

Just played the Demo.

I want this game, now.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:59 am

this game is seriousaly gory

i guess its good to see wolverine outside of saturday morning mode
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:04 am

It's fun, but it all gets a bit samey really fast. I got the feeling it would have been better if they Wolverine movie hadn't come along part way into production and made it a movie game. The intro and ending movies are set in the future and look a lot more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:07 am

oh the intro movie was awesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next