Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)

Go down 
+5
Kaede
Baal
Rockstar_Sinistar
A_Nonny_Moose
SimianWonder
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:18 am

Yeah, When are they gonna pick up on that? I wanna see what Future Logan does. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 4:35 pm

They need a sequel to this game, it's epic!
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 4:37 pm

yeah, this is definitely the best movie game of all time.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:40 pm

And it wasn't even supposed to be a movie game. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:14 pm

thats probably why
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:43 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
thats probably why
Yeah lol, considering every other movie game sucks balls...
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:50 am

I heard King Kong was alright. Playing as Kong was fun at least, from the demo.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:57 am

oh yeah, Kong's alright. So that's like, two out of how many. >_>
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:51 pm

This wasn't intended to be a movie game? If so it explains why this is so good.

King Kong was a good game? I want to play that game.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:08 pm

Just picked this up for twelve quid. Finished the escape from the Weapon X facility and I'm still having a blast, though I can imagine that it'll get repetitive before long. The 'big' enemies are getting especially tiresome, simply because they require little strategy, just lunging, hammering X, then jumping off and repeating until they're dead.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:16 pm

well thats the problem with wolverine half his powers aren't exactly the most interesting ones
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:01 am

He has mother fucking badass claws.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:50 am

Not to mention this game has what the movie didn't. A Battle Against A Fucking Sentinel!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:08 am

Skip wrote:
He has mother fucking badass claws.
so do cats
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:27 am

No, no Buu. Those aren't badass claws. Those are pussy claws.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:28 am

pussies have claws o_O

thats gotta hurt
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:54 pm

Finished it. Jesus, that last boss was cheap, he kept hitting me with lasers mid jump and knocking me off the level which is instant death. It was a fun game, though the last few levels repetition was definitely setting in, and I was waiting for something 'big' to happen, which never really did.

Still, good game. I may not have been so impressed had I spent the full forty quid on it, but it's definitely worth picking up on the cheap, and I doubt many games will 'get' their subject matter the same way this game did.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:23 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Finished it. Jesus, that last boss was cheap, he kept hitting me with lasers mid jump and knocking me off the level which is instant death. It was a fun game, though the last few levels repetition was definitely setting in, and I was waiting for something 'big' to happen, which never really did.

Still, good game. I may not have been so impressed had I spent the full forty quid on it, but it's definitely worth picking up on the cheap, and I doubt many games will 'get' their subject matter the same way this game did.
Any thoughts on the Sentinel Battle?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Sentinel battle was so disappointing. Why can't games let you fight giant bosses without fucking quick time events? You should be able to climb up the sentinels leg and hack at it on your own.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:54 pm

I wouldn't say it was disappointing, because that implies that I was expecting something from it, which I wasn't, but it could've been better. The initial part was too slow, it took too long to wear down the arms / feet, (which becomes soooo tedious) and the skydive section was a nice idea, rather undone by the execution. I'm with Nonny on the QTE stuff too. If you want us to see a cool scene, show us a cutscene. If you want us to play the game, then let us, and you'll like this one, actually bloody well play it.

In fact, I'm going to have a mini-rant about quick time events. They work is some places, in some games, but most of the time you don't benefit from them if you're the one playing the game, simply because you're looking at the screen anticipating the next prompt rather than watching what is happening as a result of your input. As a result, it kinda ruins any sense of immersion, and I can't escape the feeling that they're designed more to look cool for spectators than players. Which is silly whichever way you slice it.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:26 pm

...I thought it was neat. >_> ...oh, Right. Not everyone is as easy to entertain as I am....fuck.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:46 pm

It was a cool idea, and it was great that they finally showed the full scale of a sentinel (heck it must have been at least one hundred foot tall), but the fight itself just wasn't much fun. In fact that was largely true of most of the boss battles. You have to follow the preset patterns to beat them, and any deviation is both ineffective and punished heavily. The bosses themselves seem to have high levels of resistance to damage, so you end up chipping away at their health gauge waiting for a preset QTE to trigger that allows you to knock off a bit more. Boring. Whilst that's true of a fair few games of this type, it seemed worse here chiefly due to Wolverine's melee only style. The lunge is his only ranged attack, and all bosses stop it dead 90% of the time.

The worst boss fight, and indeed the worst levels, were Gambit's. God that was boring. The level's were designed to try and look complex, multi tiered, but the game goes to great length to make it stupidly obvious how to proceed, even showing you almost step by step how to solve each puzzle. I mean, come on, it's not exactly a mensa challenge, why do you need to spell it out for us? Either the puzzles are logical and we'll figure it out ourselves, thank you very much, or they're illogical and / or poorly thought out and therefore shouldn't be in the game anyway. For the boss fight, see above.

Heh, reading back over this, it sounds like I didn't enjoy the game, which is not true. I didn't enjoy that level, granted, but the game was still heaps of fun.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:15 pm

i prefer QTEs like in yakuza 3

basically you have to block the moves as they come using QTE, when the bosses use there special

i think theres a couple to maximise damage of your moves to

but this kinda QTE is alright to me
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:39 pm

So I got to play this game just recently, it's enjoyable, I love murderous claws instead of the usual hurt claws, great to have it in a game after too long a wait
I'm only in chapter 3, can't form a full opinion about it

Nice, QTE screens with no need to press a button
Superbuu3 wrote:
pussies have claws o_O

thats gotta hurt
Thought they have teeth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)   X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

X Men Origins: Wolverine (The Game)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3