Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just watched Audition

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Just watched Audition Empty
PostSubject: Just watched Audition   Just watched Audition Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:27 pm

It was... really weird. I was expecting something a bit less, well, a bit less like a lot of other east asian modern horror films. Still good though.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Audition   Just watched Audition Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Yeah, properly fucked up isn't it?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Audition   Just watched Audition Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:49 pm

Well, yeah... but in a slightly normal way. Not sure how else to say it. I wasn't expecting some of the generically bizarre things in it. Like that old ballet teacher. And the long memory/hallucination scenes. It clashed with the rest of the film.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Audition   Just watched Audition Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:21 pm

I just thought it was there to unsettle you, because none of it has much context in the film. I still liked it a lot though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Audition   Just watched Audition Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:23 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I just thought it was there to unsettle you, because none of it has much context in the film.
Exactly. That's what I mean. I wasn't expecting it to be like that. I was expected something more grounded.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Audition   Just watched Audition Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:26 pm

I first saw it about five years ago, on a mate's recommendation, and I couldn't get my head around it. I had to watch it twice, just to make sure I hadn't made bits of it up.

The piano wire still gets me every time.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Audition   Just watched Audition Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:28 am

damn now i feel i have to watch it

i just got bored last time
and the cast was really ugly

watch the eye great film
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Audition   Just watched Audition Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:

watch the eye great film
You got bored? When did you stop? Yo could tell weird shit was going on pretty soon.

And I've seen The Eye. It was good. It did a really good thing, because there was a moment where I thought the film was pretty much over, everything seemed wrapped up, and then this whole big thing happens and it carries on. Liked that.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Audition   Just watched Audition Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:37 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

watch the eye great film
You got bored? When did you stop? Yo could tell weird shit was going on pretty soon.

And I've seen The Eye. It was good. It did a really good thing, because there was a moment where I thought the film was pretty much over, everything seemed wrapped up, and then this whole big thing happens and it carries on. Liked that.
yeah it was great

never got round to the watching the american version

with audition i was probably about half an hour in when you start realising she's nuts, but i just thought it was kinda slow
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Audition   Just watched Audition Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:54 pm

Audition was a little bit of a slow burner, but it certainly wasn't boring. At least, I never thought so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Audition   Just watched Audition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just watched Audition
Page 1 of 1