Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park

Go down 
+2
Kaio
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Empty
PostSubject: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Scratchin' Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 5:24 pm

EEEEEEERRRRRAAAAYYYYYYYHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ARLONG ARRRRRRR-LONG UGH ARLONG *stab stab stab*
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:22 pm

Watching the 4Kids dub is painful and this vid reminded me why I didn't watch this show. Isn't the VA for Luffy the same as the one for Ash in Pokemon? Bleh. I hate how they add that moral crap. It was far more dramatic when he just said, "let's go" when they took off. The second one was far better and actually made me want to watch further. Which company did that one?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:30 pm

You know them really well.

It's FUNi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:32 pm

Quote :
Which company did that one?

FUNi.
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:37 pm

Ah, I figured. I've noticed Funi takes most of their dubs seriously. Why they continue to treat DBZ as a joke, I don't know but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:52 pm

Rockin' wrote:
Why they continue to treat DBZ as a joke, I don't know but whatever.

The failure that is dub DBZ is what the fans love to death. Why change a winning formula?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:56 pm

At least they took "DB" as a different series and treated it nicely. Although there are a few mistakes and errors(like them not pointing out Oolong "still being a pervert" and replacing the conversation with "ear extensions" at the beginning of the 23rd Budokai so it makes the situation look like Lunch and him are blushing for no reason), the DB dub, especially Tenshinhan's saga is epic win. And the script is awesome too, it's very lively and witty without raping too much stupid jokes into it and such, Tenshinhan's lines were all awesome.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:00 am

I'm not complaining about the DB dub (although them ouright stating Kami is an alien to shy away from hisn godly powers is epic fail). The DBZ dub is major fail for the mostly miscast voices, the lame "funny" lines in a serious moment (although the dub tended to be funnier in actual funny moments) and the music droning on FOR EVER.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:07 am

I never said you were badmouthing DB's dub, hence the "At least" part. >_>

Also they didn't outright state he's an alien, he was talking about him masking himself as a human and being a visitor from above(which is true), then everyone went "ZOMG WTF HE'S AN ALIEN!" because they assumed that's what he meant.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:10 am

The DB dub changed some of Roshi's lines too. That bit where Goku brings the mermaid back, and Roshi tells Goku to ask her if she'll show him her panties, and then Goku comes back and says she doesn't have any. You know that bit. In the dub Roshi asked Goku to ask her if she'd like to take a walk round his island with him, and then Goku comes back and says she can't walk.

God knows why, because all the other stuff he did was still there and intact.
Back to top Go down
Scratchin' Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:57 am

goddammit stop talking about db this is one piece

you fucks
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:56 am

Roronoa Kaio wrote:
I'm not complaining about the DB dub (although them ouright stating Kami is an alien to shy away from hisn godly powers is epic fail). The DBZ dub is major fail for the mostly miscast voices, the lame "funny" lines in a serious moment (although the dub tended to be funnier in actual funny moments) and the music droning on FOR EVER.

Well Schemmel's Goku and Sabat's Vegeta and Piccolo improved a great deal by Buu saga, especially the latter half and the movies. I prefer them in the re-dub of Seasons 1 and 2... that is until they stopped. I agree about the lack of silence issue as well. I prefer the dub Buu saga music and some Cell saga to the japanese music but they needed to be used in smaller doses.

Quote :
At least they took "DB" as a different series and treated it nicely. Although there are a few mistakes and errors(like them not pointing out Oolong "still being a pervert" and replacing the conversation with "ear extensions" at the beginning of the 23rd Budokai so it makes the situation look like Lunch and him are blushing for no reason), the DB dub, especially Tenshinhan's saga is epic win. And the script is awesome too, it's very lively and witty without raping too much stupid jokes into it and such, Tenshinhan's lines were all awesome.

I agree. DB was well done. They did edit some of the sexual jokes but that was expected considering how they butchered DBZ. I'm surprised DB turned out as well as it did. Tien's VA improved a great deal by the time he worked on DB. Listening to him at the start of the Cell saga and then listening to him in DB, it's like night and day.

Quote :
goddammit stop talking about db this is one piece

you fucks

Uh, doesn't 4Kids suck ass? Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:12 pm

"Heeeey, move-ah it-ah! I havea business with Ar-a-long!"
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:10 pm

Also, didn't Goku propose to Chichi in Funi's dub? I remember something like that happening.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 6:38 pm

He said something that his heart told him that she was the right one for her. And then he proposed to her.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:12 pm

WTH
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:26 pm

Roronoa Kaio wrote:
He said something that his heart told him that she was the right one for her. And then he proposed to her.

He didn't say that she "was the one for her". All he said after pointing out how his ignorant brain doesn't know when to make him say the right things was "Good thing my heart does."

Kaede wrote:
WTH

There really isn't anything different about it considering it still was our naive Goku. One line didn't change the scene at all nor should be cared about considering it really isn't anything, hell it's actually better considering the Japanese version had what he said so suddle that it made the chapter seem like it was thought up by some 10 year old, also, Goku being a clueless idiot isn't a good enough excuse to still do that. It's not like he fucking says "I love you" constantly after that. >_>
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:46 am

HEHEHEHEHEHAYAYHAHAHAHA! wrote:
There really isn't anything different about it
Sounds pretty different.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:49 am

I mean there's nothing that makes a major difference and fucks up the character. One line which insinuates Goku wanting to keep his promise doesn't automatically make him some out-of-character romantic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park   Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dub comparison: The March to Arlong Park
Page 1 of 1