Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360 Empty
PostSubject: Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360   Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:04 am

Now while I wasn't able to finish Phoeniz Wright in my short time over here in Florida, I was able to finish Prince of Persia. So I'll be giving a Short Review of Phoenix Wright and a Full Review of Prince of Persia.

Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations

From, what I played of this game, I heavily enjoyed it. Being the originality whore that I am, I loved it because it was original. Basically you're a lawyer solving different cases and such while gaining evidence and proof to use in the trial. Basic concept, fantastic result. Music was okay, nothing that wouldn't set this apart from a Visual Novel though. Liked the characters too. I know these aren't the real names but damn it is this one good localization. I only made it as far as the Beginning of the 3rd Case but I plan on buying the games when I come into some money. I recommend it.

Prince of Persia

Story: 9/10

You are a person. You have no name, you are not referred to in any title. You just know this person is a Prince. Anyways, the story starts off with The Prince looking for his Donkey in a desert after raiding a tomb. The Prince runs into a Princess named Elika. You follow her to a Temple. Her father, The King, finds both of you and attacks you. After you defeat her father he destroys the Tree of Light. This sets free the God of Darkness known as Ahriman. For any of you who have extensive knowledge of mythology, this is another name for the Angra Mainyu, the Incarnation of All Things Bad in existence. Think Satan but in a more Arabian Style. With Elika you use her powers of the light to seal Ahriman back up and restore peace to the world.

I gave the story big points for using the Angra Mainyu. One of my favorite mythological beings. The story in itself isn't that new. But the ending is something new that I didn't expect. Vergil would like it. I've seen some complaints about the ending but I didn't have much of a problem with it.

Gameplay: 9/10

The battle system is epic. I love this new decision compared to the previous Prince of Persia's. Why? Because all of the fights are One-on-One fights. And god, did the battles get intense. The platforming's okay. It was only towards the end that it started to get frustrating. It took me some time getting used to the controls, but that was because I was so used to the previous Prince of Persia Sands of Time's controller layout.

Sound: 6/10

Nothing really made this soundtrack unique. Basically if you've heard this soundtrack then it's the exact same thing god damned thing as the first and third PoP SoT games. I give props to the voice acting though. The Prince is a smart ass in this game, and has the voice of a smart ass. Same VA as Nathan Drake from Drake's Fortune actually. The ideal smart ass voice except for Reuben Langden (Dante from DMC 3 & 4). Elika sounds okay, The King is what you'd expect. Noble and Wise, which contradicts him entirely. Ahriman has the best voice though. It's basically the voice of an evil male devil, and a decrepit woman overlapping. Props to making Ahriman seem genderless.

Graphics: 10/10

I'm quoting Tobi here, " This game is so pretty if it were to be sent to prison, it would be the bitch of every guy there! "

Replayability: 4/10

You can't skip cutscenes so it really makes replaying the game fucking annoying, not to mention the only reason you'd want to is for achievements.

Overall Score: 8/10
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360   Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:42 am

So all the fights will be like that eh? Not too bad I suppose, it does seem like a fun system. Haven't played it much, I'm waiting to get it back to London and play it in HD.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360   Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:26 pm

That's what I thought of 'em. There's nothing I love more than a one-on-one battle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360   Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:46 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:

I'm quoting Tobi here, " This game is so pretty if it were to be sent to prison, it would be the bitch of every guy there! "

That's a Yahtzee quote. From his Crysis review.

And if that's all that happens in the story then it can't be too long can it? How long did it take for you to finish it?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360   Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:50 pm

Sarbud wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:

That's a Yahtzee quote. From his Crysis review.

And if that's all that happens in the story then it can't be too long can it? How long did it take for you to finish it?

A few days. Like I said. It isn't anything special but I gave it big points for using the Ahriman as the Antagonist.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360   Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:49 am

but i loved WW's fighting system
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360   Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baal makes a double review of Phoenix Wright: Trials for the DS and Tribulations and Prince of Persia for the 360
Page 1 of 1