Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legend of spyro series?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Legend of spyro series? Empty
PostSubject: Legend of spyro series?   Legend of spyro series? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:58 pm

anyone been playing them?

I have yet to get the newest one but i'll inevitably get it
my nephew wants it

what do you think of them?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Legend of spyro series?   Legend of spyro series? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 1:03 pm

*thrusts* Awesome games, especially the "Legend" series. The first ps1 Spyro game's voice acting was shit though, Spyro sounded like a toddler with a broken voice. Thank God for Elijah Wood playing as him in the Legend series, which are awesome and kick ass, I like how the music score for the Legend series is done by an actual orchestra to boot.
Back to top Go down
Iceman
First Mate
Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Legend of spyro series?   Legend of spyro series? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:14 pm

PS1 Spyro = original

Let's see.

PS1 spyro >>>>>>>>>>>> PS2/3 spyro.

But that's just me. I thought it was stupid they started back from when he was a kid and gave him more fighting-like moves. The original games are still the best.

Same with Crash Bandicoot. I mean, WTF AT THE NEW DESIGN OF THE CHARACTERS!!?
They gave Crash tatoos instead of his gloves, made cortex look less....Square-headed. Nina was a cool new character, but looks like a gothic girl. Coco looks like a slut now instead of looking cute and well...don't get me started on Uka Uka and Aku Aku.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Legend of spyro series?   Legend of spyro series? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:17 pm

well things changed mainly because insomniac went on to make some of your latest fave platformers
Back to top Go down
Iceman
First Mate
Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Legend of spyro series?   Legend of spyro series? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:20 pm

I know...

Shame Insomniac sold Spyro to that stupid company that totally went ape shit on the game and trashed it to hell.

Same with Naughty Dog and Crash U_U
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Legend of spyro series?   Legend of spyro series? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:28 pm

what are naughty dog doing theswe days
did they do jak?
Back to top Go down
Iceman
First Mate
Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Legend of spyro series?   Legend of spyro series? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:36 pm

Naughty dog:
PS1: Crash Bandicoon 1, 2, 3 & Crash Team Racing
PS2: Jak & Daxter, Jak 2 & 3, Jak X: Combat Racing
PS3: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Legend of spyro series?   Legend of spyro series? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:39 pm

oh right
do you recommend any of those games
only played a couple of them
Back to top Go down
Iceman
First Mate
Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Legend of spyro series?   Legend of spyro series? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:48 pm

Let's see:
Crash Bandicoot: One of the best PS1 games on the market! CTR = best carting game on PS1!
Jak & Daxter: Awesome games, I'd recommend them instantly cause they are awesome! Few bad things can be said about the games. I didn't buy them because I rented them all and I prefered Ratchet and Clank above Jak & Daxter due to the awesome weapons R&C had.
Uncharted: Great game! It's like Lara Croft has gone male-style. Very nice graphics, fresh gameplay. Very good if you like action and adventure. (I only rented it.) Replay value is not that high, but that's merely my opinion about it. Great story though! Good for a trilogy.

Did that help Smile

Naughty Dog & Insomniac games are just one of the best game developers out there. BASIC FACT!!! They make awesome games! Not a single bad one.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Legend of spyro series?   Legend of spyro series? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:50 pm

yeah very helpful i have crash bandicoot 1 somewhere need to find it
i played jak 3 though and that was rather dull mind i had R+C 1 and 3 before that
so not sure if thats why, i'll rent it for my bro's PS3
Back to top Go down
Iceman
First Mate
Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Legend of spyro series?   Legend of spyro series? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:52 pm

I think Jak 2 > Jak 3. It's been too long ago, but I think that's how I felt about it.

Though Jak 3 was still far from bad or boring...
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Legend of spyro series?   Legend of spyro series? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 2:21 am

Sly wrote:
PS1 Spyro = original.

No shit sherlock. XD

Anyways, I disagree with the reboot being a bad move considering the newer games were actually good. I mean, it's not like people can't look back to the older ones when they want. This change was a good thing, only thing to fix up for future Spyro series is to not rape the "beat 'em up" ideas when fighting enemies considering it gets a bit obnoxious at times when they keep appearing in "must fight them to continue" areas. >_>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legend of spyro series?   Legend of spyro series? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legend of spyro series?
Page 1 of 1