Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lego Batman (PSP version)

Go down 
+2
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Lego Batman (PSP version) Empty
PostSubject: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:03 pm

Had it for a couple days now, and I'm about 10% done. Not that it's a massive game, but it's jammed full of items to collect and stuff to buy and various goals to reach.

I've finished one chapter so far (each chapter is 5 levels). There's 3 chapters for Batman and Robin to go through, and the same 3 chapters to through with the villains, from their perspective. So 30 levels in all. If you've played the other Lego games, then expect more of the same, because it sticks to the formula pretty rigidly (never played Lego Indy, but I assume that was the same). But, it's a pretty fun formula (and come on, it's Batman), so it doesn't matter that much. One thing I was pleased with is that the game uses Danny Elfman's score from the Burton Batman movies.

Every level has 10 mini-kit pieces and a power brick to collect, as well as having a certain number of studs to collect. The studs can buy you a whole bunch of crap from characters to suit upgrades (which first have to be unlocked by finding the power bricks) to various "extras", which are odd settings you can turn on and off. Like you can have it so the characters are silhouettes, or that all the floors become like ice, and a bunch of other mostly useless but somewhat fun stuff. Batman and Robin also have 4 suits besides their regular ones, each with different capabilites for solving different puzzles. The villain character also have their own unique skills to help with puzzles. Which is good because all the levels are littered with puzzles that you won't be able to do just yet because you don't have a certain character. Once you've done the story mode for a level you get the free play mode, so you can go through it with a larger group of characters and have access to any of suits you need to collect everything. There's also the character creator that lets you mix and match all the various character parts to make your own.

To sum it up, the levels are designed to be played multiple times with various characters, and the game is jammed has a lot of extras.

So far, I'm enjoying it. I bought it for the PSP because it was cheaper than the 360 version, and there's no difference in gameplay or content between them. Obviously the graphics have been downgraded, and some of the load times are ridiculous, but the PSP's sleep mode helps.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:53 pm

that sounds sweet i will most likely get it possibly the PC version i'll decide later
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:58 pm

Well it's out on every friggin console that they still manufacture games for, so you've got some choice. Razz
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:59 pm

Is the Joker cool?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 7:03 pm

So far I've only seen him briefly in the opening scene. Haven't fought him or played as him yet.

The character designs look based on the Batman TAS designs, and the level design looks taken from the Burton films.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 7:28 pm

well it depends if the PC one is tghe next gen version
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 7:29 pm

So far as I know all the version are the same. The DS version might be different, don't know. But the PSP/PS2/PS3/360/Wii versions are all the same.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 7:59 pm

imma get it for my ps2 then maybe
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:08 pm

Good boy
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:34 pm

*completely unrelated note* baal? whats your avatar from?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:37 pm

Do you recommend the game?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 6:42 pm

Yeah. It's a nice platformer. Simple and enjoyable. And if you're the type to strive for full completion it might keep you busy for a while.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 2:31 pm

Hearing a little Lego man's back snap over Bane's knee is... odd, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 2:36 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Yeah. It's a nice platformer. Simple and enjoyable. And if you're the type to strive for full completion it might keep you busy for a while.

I'll wait for the price to lower.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 7:46 pm

Done 2 hero chapters and 2 villain chapters now, that variety is pretty impressive, evenif it only amounts to simple puzzle solving in the end. Like I said, Batman and Robin have 4 suits each beside their default ones, each with different abilities. And the villains have an array of unique powers between them too. And every level is has areas that can only be reached with certain powers and so on. And the various characters share abilites too, so it won't get to the point where you have to go through a level with every character to find everything.

For example, you can buy Batgirl and Night Wing to play as in free play. Batgirl can use all of Batman's suits, and the same with Night Wing and Robin's suits. Clay Face, Bane, Killer Croc and Freeze are strength characters, so they can move heavy objects. Catwoman and Clay Face have a double jump. Manbat can glide with his wings, and Penguin with his umbrella. Two Face and Poison Ivy can withstand toxic chemicals. The Riddler can control people's minds to make them pull levers and such. Which all pretty nice considering you can only choose 1 character in free play, and the game randomly selects 7 other characters to give all the abilites you could need.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 1:51 am

nightwing rocks
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 11:44 pm

He's alright. He's not a story character though. For the Hero story you only play as Batman and Robin.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:51 pm

Anyone ever heard of Killer Moth? He's the only character in the game I've never heard of.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 7:16 pm

Well, finally got round to finishing all the story bits. 72% complete now. Collecting time!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:25 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Anyone ever heard of Killer Moth? He's the only character in the game I've never heard of.
yeah but only from teen titans
never properly watched that show was meant to be good though
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:28 am

Hmm. Well apart from that Guy they got a good bunch of villains. Riddler, Two Face, Poison Ivy, Clay Face, Mr. Freeze, Catwoman, Penguin, Bane, Manbat, Killer Croc, Harley Quinn, Joker, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter...
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:06 am

mad hatter?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:03 pm

Yeah, the Mad Hatter. Evil insane guy, thinks he's the character from Alice in Wonderland. Controls people's minds, etc. They ignored his pedophilia though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:22 pm

Wow, the multipliers in this game are ridiculous. You can buy stud multipliers as an extra, and there's a 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, and 10x. But you can have more than 1 switched on at a time. Altogether it's like 3000x bonus.
Back to top Go down
rolbat
Deck Hand
rolbat

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:05 pm

I have this game on PC along with the other LEGO games. They're fun and enjoyable, especially in mutiplayer(which I don't think they have on the PSP version Sad)
Highly recommended!

A_Nonny_Moose, you should try Indy if you can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lego Batman (PSP version)   Lego Batman (PSP version) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lego Batman (PSP version)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next