Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Empty
PostSubject: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:29 pm

That sounds like a BLATANT pokedex contradiction
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:35 pm

hm... good point. and why doesnt abra start with sleep status? snorlax too
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:02 pm

Cause they sleep most of the day, but not ALL of the day

And Snorlax isn't said to be able to attack while sleeping, just Abra is
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:04 pm

Chrona wrote:
Cause they sleep most of the day, but not ALL of the day

And Snorlax isn't said to be able to attack while sleeping, just Abra is
snorlax(s) sleep a good chunk of the day, waking only to eat, then sleep and eat, etc.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 3:01 am

your pokedex is broke
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 3:21 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
Solar Crimson
East Blue Pirate Captain
Solar Crimson

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:10 pm

The same reason why Earthquake can hit Beedrill, Dustox, and Venomoth, when they're obviously flying.
Back to top Go down
http://crimsongalaxy.blogspot.com/
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:22 pm

Why the hell would they be flying? Being insects, their wings aren't as powerful as a birds, so they spend a lot of time on the ground, getting earthquake'd
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:33 pm

does pidgie get earthquaked?
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:37 pm

Nu, cuz it's a fucking pidgey, it can cause sandstorms
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:40 pm

oh right so only bug pokemon are effected that makes sense to me
Back to top Go down
Solar Crimson
East Blue Pirate Captain
Solar Crimson

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:43 pm

Chrona wrote:
Why the hell would they be flying? Being insects, their wings aren't as powerful as a birds, so they spend a lot of time on the ground, getting earthquake'd

By that logic, Earthquage should hit Doduo and Dodrio. Even though they're Flying-types, they have no wings. Which makes you wonder how they're able to use Fly and Steel Wing. The anime once said that Dodrio jumps so high that it looks like its flying, but imagine that thing jumping from Cianwood in Johto to Lavender Town in Kanto. O_o
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:45 pm

Solar Crimson wrote:
Chrona wrote:

By that logic, Earthquage should hit Doduo and Dodrio. Even though they're Flying-types, they have no wings. Which makes you wonder how they're able to use Fly and Steel Wing. The anime once said that Dodrio jumps so high that it looks like its flying, but imagine that thing jumping from Cianwood in Johto to Lavender Town in Kanto. O_o
i thikn your rmembering the anime too much
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:57 pm

They CAN fly, they just prefer to jump long distances. They can jump high enough to avoid the earthquake
Back to top Go down
Solar Crimson
East Blue Pirate Captain
Solar Crimson

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:07 pm

Chrona wrote:
They CAN fly, they just prefer to jump long distances. They can jump high enough to avoid the earthquake

Then the Bugs should be able to fly high enough when the Earthquake comes.
Back to top Go down
Solar Crimson
East Blue Pirate Captain
Solar Crimson

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:08 pm

Kazuma Kiryu wrote:
Solar Crimson wrote:
Chrona wrote:

i thikn your rmembering the anime too much

Worse yet, that Dodrio thing was from Johto, and I already said in the other trhead that Johto ws bullshit. XD
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:10 pm

The fact that you have Lucario in your avie already makes you opinion worth crap. Combining that with the fact that you find the single greatest region to be horrible, simply reduces you to the status of a common troll in my eyes
Back to top Go down
Solar Crimson
East Blue Pirate Captain
Solar Crimson

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:21 pm

Chrona wrote:
The fact that you have Lucario in your avie already makes you opinion worth crap. Combining that with the fact that you find the single greatest region to be horrible, simply reduces you to the status of a common troll in my eyes

So we've gone to insults, now?

I never said that Johto as a whole was horrible. Just the anime's rendition of it. That said, Johto in the games is the worst region, mainly because they used data on bringing back Kanto when they could have better used it to add a lot more to Johto than it actually got (and the Kanto they brough back was basically just skin and bones, anyway, not having much to go there except battle the Gym Leaders).
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:28 pm

Yep, I'm feeling in a very insultive mood today. As always, don't take anything I say to heart, or we'd both be pissed off =p

Anyhow, I never got that far in the anime though I plan to

Anyhow, what else is there to add to Johto? It had more content than Kanto did in RBY, sans a safari zone which was ONLY removed because of Glitch City

It did have an equivalent of it, the pokemon park

What's so bad about the Kanto rehash? I personally found it rather interesting, seeing what happened two years after Team Rocket left it. Cinnabar exploding, the Power Plant being used, etc

I found it a little insensitive to turn Pokemon Tower into the Radio Tower, but technically speaking it was more of a memorial tower than a graveyard, as the pokemon were all ashes and not bodies. They moved them into another building, which wasn't that bad now that I think about it.

Sides, that's what you do in EVERY region, beat the gyms, and take down Team Rocket or whatever Team the game has, and do a goofy sidequest in between. That's what Kanto offered - Getting 8 badges, stopping one Team Rocket grunt who was uninformed, and fixing the radio station

Sides, Johto had the best history, and was modeled a bit after Japan. Especially Ectruteak =)
Back to top Go down
Solar Crimson
East Blue Pirate Captain
Solar Crimson

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:36 pm

Oh I see...

There are people who feel that Gold/Silver were the best games, and there are some that feel that Johto could have been more than it already was. I admit, I was excited to step back into Kanto way back then, but now, I feel that, while it was a nice easter egg, there wasn't much there.

I think the Cinnabar volcano thing was basically them running low on data to support the entire island as it was in RBY (which didn't even have a volcano on it).

Same with the Safari Zone. I don't think it was too hard to fix the glitch that caused Glitch City. They fixed the Missingno thing in Yellow. Though I guess that since all of the Safari Pokemon were available elsewhere, there wouldn't be much of a point for it. And, yeah, the Nation Park Bug Contest gets points for actually letting you battle with your own Pokemon than leaving everything up to chance.

I will give you the history thing. I started playing Crystal again recently, and was just reminded of all of the Japanese-style stuff in the game.
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:44 pm

The Missingno. Glitch was fixed by only having the old man show you how to catch Weedle (Rattata in Yellow =p) only once, the first time you go through Viridian, and by fixing the strips of land

Hence, they removed what caused it to activate, just like with the Safari. There WERE some beta maps (Left in the game itself, which means they weren't running low since they had a whole bunch of unused maps left in it) showing it was going to be in, I guess they just didn't bother fixing it or put in bug catching at the last moment

I think in R/B it was implied there WAS some sort of volcano, because of the burned down building and Blaine being a fire type trainer. They just didn't really put the thing in, maybe they just couldn't think of a place to put it

Sides, it was the first attempt at a post-game. Emerald had Battle Frontier, D/P had...those places at the top of the map which include the volcano where Heatran is, etc. Also, fighting Red was awesome at the end =)
Back to top Go down
Solar Crimson
East Blue Pirate Captain
Solar Crimson

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:51 pm

Is that so? I didn't know (or maybe forgot) that you could only talk to the man once. Been years since I've played Yellow. :/

They could have placed it behind Blaine's gym. Yeah, the clues were there, but it seems like it just came out of nowhere.

lol Red. Yeah, he was the strongest Trainer in any of the games (at least until the Rival in Platinum), but the attacks he gave his Pokemon were bad. It kind of took away the challenge. Plus, and I know that it's a homage to the anime/Yellow manga/Yellow version, but having an unevolved Pikachu was bad. XD
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:53 pm

They made up for it by making him level 81 and having Thunder. Still, my level 40ish Pupitar managed to beat it =p

Also, his Snorlax was just killer
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:27 pm

needs more squirtle

Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Squirtle02
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:31 pm

Squirtle is the shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?   Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why can Abra not attack while under Sleep status?
Page 1 of 1