Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV...

Go down 
+5
justinlynch3
Maskull
Kimarous
Baal
Kaio
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV...   So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:26 pm

hm... people need to read/watch more whimsical series, that ARENT the ultra-kawaii, or they'll be sucked into the category stated by sora
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV...   So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:30 pm

We need another proper Hayao Miyazaki film, a serious one with awesome art n' stuff. Enough of these Japanese people who can't invent their own style anymore and just use those giant fucking eyes and fugly hairdo, high quality stuff needs to come baaaaaaaaaaack!
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV...   So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:31 pm

SoraOwnKeyblade wrote:
We need another proper Hayao Miyazaki film, a serious one with awesome art n' stuff. Enough of these Japanese people who can't invent their own style anymore and just use those giant fucking eyes and fugly hairdo, high quality stuff needs to come baaaaaaaaaaack!
MONONOKE FTW!
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV...   So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Tobi-sensei wrote:
hm... people need to read/watch more whimsical series, that ARENT the ultra-kawaii, or they'll be sucked into the category stated by sora

Pfft, face it, that type of junk is dead. Or at least, has already been turned into the shadow of Kawaii Asian shit. Dammit, Japanese laser seizure robots shouldn't even be the friggen stereotype anymore, that was 20 years ago dammit1
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV...   So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:33 pm

boo-hoo... well, that means that my earlier statement of a 'creative kick in the pants' rings true
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV...   So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:36 pm

And the only way to make that happen is for people to go back and see the classics, but we're dealing with a community that lives off fads and trends, it ain't going to work. >_>
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV...   So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:45 pm

I heartily disagree with you, Banana Man. I don't like action anime, it makes me incredibly bored.

Mononoke was incredibly mediocre. Howl's Moving Castle sucks monkey nuts. These two films are supposed to be awesome, and have some sort of universal appeal or something, but I just get bored out of my mind.

I liked Spirited Away and Castle in the Sky. The Cat Returns was awesome as well, though not by Miyazaki.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV...   So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:07 pm

Dirjel wrote:
I heartily disagree with you, Banana Man. I don't like action anime, it makes me incredibly bored.

Mononoke was incredibly mediocre. Howl's Moving Castle sucks monkey nuts. These two films are supposed to be awesome, and have some sort of universal appeal or something, but I just get bored out of my mind.

I liked Spirited Away and Castle in the Sky. The Cat Returns was awesome as well, though not by Miyazaki.
i liked mononoke, but the main character said 'this will kill me' too much. havent seen all of spirited away, and i also liked... 'nausica and the valley of wind'(i think thats what its called)
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV...   So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:40 pm

Dirjel wrote:

Action =/= Serious

We're talking about toning down the retarded KAWAII wackiness that anime have today, that or the overreacting anxiety issues of a teenager. Anyways based in Miyazaki films, my favorite's Castle in the Sky. Razz
Back to top Go down
Scratchin' Bastard

PostSubject: Re: So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV...   So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:58 pm

So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV... - Page 2 Fuck10
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV...   So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:30 pm

Tim Allen wrote:
Dirjel wrote:

Action =/= Serious

We're talking about toning down the retarded KAWAII wackiness that anime have today, that or the overreacting anxiety issues of a teenager. Anyways based in Miyazaki films, my favorite's Castle in the Sky. Razz
Yes, action =/= serious. Elfen Lied is, as they say, SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS. It had a rather small amount of teen angst in it, and "KAWAII wackiness" is the *last* thing that comes to mind when I think of Elfen Lied. The anime was about how humans are complete assholes to one another for absolutely small, petty differences. It could be taken as a metaphor for shit like the Holocaust, if you feel like reading that far into it.

@ Tobi: Haven't seen Nausicaa yet, iirc. Most of the Miyazaki movies run together in my memory, though, 'cuz I watched a bunch of them in a single sitting this one time >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV...   So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I just watched an Elfen Lied AMV...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2