Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Empty
PostSubject: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:49 pm

Summary (possible spoilers)
Tropic Thunder has a star studded cast and is a hilarious comedy, with some very dark comic moments, the kinda of film you'll feel bad laughing at certain things, but generally all round very enjoyable to a wide audience. The film follows the plot of a bunch of actors in a movie set in vietnam. However during filming the actors come across real guerillas while believing it is actually. Check out the trailer if the idea seems amusing to you. You will most definitely like it.

Main Review

Personally I'm a Ben Stiller fan and he directed and wrote this film to. The humour in the film has some classic Ben Stiller moments. I was suprised to find that Ben Stiller doesn't actually turn out to be the film's central character. In fact the main star is Robert Downey Junior. Stiller's character is of a has been actor and he is trying to get his film career back on track his main priority is to finish the film showing everyone that he is in fact the best. If you happen to see Zoolander you'll be familiar with this characters role, although this film has humour quite different to Zoolander itself.

Downey for me was the overall highlight of this film, displaying a variety of accents and dialogue, showing that this can pull off anything. I really started to respect him for his role in Iron Man, but in this film he plays a completely different character and you will come out thinking that know one else could've pulled the role off better. When I came out of the cinema I was genuinely thinking that I have to track down all of Downey's films and watch them as i've only seen 3, but with the talent this guy is showing I clearly have been missing out.

The supporting cast is amazing I myself have never been a big Jack Black fan and I always prefer him in a supporting role as opposed to a central character and in this he brilliant as a character to add humour into scenes where it looks like there won't be any. There are also roles by Tom Cruise and Matthew McConaughey both being extremely likeable characters and still pulling off some great lines despite not being famous for there humour. Its also nice to see that Steve Coogan is in this film and he is great in his role as the director and for all those spidey fans out there there is even a mini cameo by tobey maguire, which i thought was hilarious.

While in the cinema watching this film the whole audience was almost in tears laughing. For anyone who knows there actors you should be able to get a few extra jokes that are clearly aimed at certain people. The opening of the film is done brilliantly and you will really appreciate how despite being a short film the back stories of all character's are sufficiently developed. The fact that I haven't seen a comedy entertain such a large variety of people at the same time would make me recommend this film highly just for that.

Even if you don't like Stiller there are sufficient people in this film to cater for your humour, so definitely check this one out.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:53 pm

I'll be going to see this soon, in Greenwich's lovely Picture House. Oh man I missed that Picture House.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:54 pm

I watched this at bluewater

i'm gutted i missed hellboy 2 though
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:55 pm

Hellboy 2 wasn't that good in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:56 pm

shame
what about step brothers or whatever its called that will ferrell one?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:57 pm

Never saw that. Didn't look that good.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:58 pm

i like films so i try to watch what i can i want to check out that and don't mess with the zohan if i got time
there might be better films out though
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:00 am

Zohan isn't showing at Greenwich. That's the downside of it. It's a small theater so things pass through quickly and there's not much selection.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:02 am

is the greenwich one the filmworks
next to the nando's?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:02 am

I thought Tropic Thunder was awful.

Quote :
Its also nice to see that Steve Coogan is in this film and he is great in his role

NO!

Steve Coogan should be banned from going near any American films, he always gets fucked over. I can't even imagine what Hamlet 2 is like.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:03 am

Sarbud wrote:

Quote :
Its also nice to see that Steve Coogan is in this film and he is great in his role

NO!

Steve Coogan should be banned from going near any American films, he always gets fucked over. I can't even imagine what Hamlet 2 is like.

your just a britainophile
coogan is funny wherever he is
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:04 am

Monkey D. Luffy wrote:
next to the nando's?
No, it's called Greenwich Picture House. Not far from the Maritime Museum.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:05 am

I bet you were crushed every time the Partridge movie fell hrough weren't you Sarbud? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:06 am

Monkey D. Luffy wrote:
Sarbud wrote:

Quote :

NO!

To hell with that, in that first scene he swore a lot (cuz swearing is funny), and then he got yelled at a bit and then

Spoiler:

Yes, comedy gold.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:06 am

T_Man wrote:
Monkey D. Luffy wrote:
next to the nando's?
No, it's called Greenwich Picture House. Not far from the Maritime Museum.
oh right the one i was thinking of is bigger but i don't like it
i think its next to an A road or something

i haven't been to the maritime museum since i was a kid
i remember going to the planetarium there
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:07 am

Sarbud wrote:
Monkey D. Luffy wrote:
Sarbud wrote:

Quote :

NO!

To hell with that, in that first scene he swore a lot (cuz swearing is funny), and then he got yelled at a bit and then

Spoiler:

Yes, comedy gold.
well if i wanted a steve coogan film i'd watch the parol,e officer
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:09 pm

Just watched it. It was okay.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:14 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Summary (possible spoilers)
Tropic Thunder has a star studded cast and is a hilarious comedy, with some very dark comic moments, the kinda of film you'll feel bad laughing at certain things, but generally all round very enjoyable to a wide audience. The film follows the plot of a bunch of actors in a movie set in vietnam. However during filming the actors come across real guerillas while believing it is actually. Check out the trailer if the idea seems amusing to you. You will most definitely like it.

Main Review

Personally I'm a Ben Stiller fan and he directed and wrote this film to. The humour in the film has some classic Ben Stiller moments. I was suprised to find that Ben Stiller doesn't actually turn out to be the film's central character. In fact the main star is Robert Downey Junior. Stiller's character is of a has been actor and he is trying to get his film career back on track his main priority is to finish the film showing everyone that he is in fact the best. If you happen to see Zoolander you'll be familiar with this characters role, although this film has humour quite different to Zoolander itself.

Downey for me was the overall highlight of this film, displaying a variety of accents and dialogue, showing that this can pull off anything. I really started to respect him for his role in Iron Man, but in this film he plays a completely different character and you will come out thinking that know one else could've pulled the role off better. When I came out of the cinema I was genuinely thinking that I have to track down all of Downey's films and watch them as i've only seen 3, but with the talent this guy is showing I clearly have been missing out.

The supporting cast is amazing I myself have never been a big Jack Black fan and I always prefer him in a supporting role as opposed to a central character and in this he brilliant as a character to add humour into scenes where it looks like there won't be any. There are also roles by Tom Cruise and Matthew McConaughey both being extremely likeable characters and still pulling off some great lines despite not being famous for there humour. Its also nice to see that Steve Coogan is in this film and he is great in his role as the director and for all those spidey fans out there there is even a mini cameo by tobey maguire, which i thought was hilarious.

While in the cinema watching this film the whole audience was almost in tears laughing. For anyone who knows there actors you should be able to get a few extra jokes that are clearly aimed at certain people. The opening of the film is done brilliantly and you will really appreciate how despite being a short film the back stories of all character's are sufficiently developed. The fact that I haven't seen a comedy entertain such a large variety of people at the same time would make me recommend this film highly just for that.

Even if you don't like Stiller there are sufficient people in this film to cater for your humour, so definitely check this one out.

Very Happy

post moar
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:25 pm

I thought it was crap.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:33 pm

It had some alright moments. Mostly Tom Cruise's scenes, although that stopped being funny after the first negotiation scene.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:41 pm

yeah i should right reviews more

i haven't been out much lately
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
i haven't been out much lately
Well then what the crap have you been doing? Hibernating?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:43 pm

yeah kinda dumb really i should of been on here more
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:46 pm

Sarbud wrote:

Quote :

NO!

Night at the Musuem
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:58 pm

He was in Night At The Museum?

*checks IMDB*

Oh, the second one. And apparently he's starring in an Eddie the Eagle biopic as well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3   Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tropic Thunder Review - Superbuu3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next