Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Knight's joker

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dark Knight's joker Empty
PostSubject: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:46 am

was it true to the original batman comics?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:51 am

Of the few that I've read, yes. But there's been loads of takes on the Joker over the years. I'm sure the Joker of 89 Batman was accurate to some takes on the character.

But The Dark Knight's Joker was similar the more iconic Jokers, like that of The Killing Joke.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:12 am

wasn't the film based on the killing joke though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:15 am

No, the film was based on The Long Halloween (Two Face Origin). The Joker in the comics is a pussy compared to TDK's Joker. He's still mental and kills people, just not as violently and not with knives.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:18 am

hmm... interesting
should i read these?
i don't really read comics they worth checking out
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:19 am

The film, not so much. It has elements of it, mainly in the motivation for the Joker's actions. But it has elements from a bunch of stuff probably. Haven't read much Batman as I said, but elements of The Long Halloween are there (that's a twoface origin story), and some stuff from The Dark Knight Returns (the Batman copycats seem similar to the Sons of Batman). There's probably more but I don't know anything else.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:23 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
hmm... interesting
should i read these?
i don't really read comics they worth checking out
Stuff like The Long Halloween and The Killing Joke are Batman 101 comics. Always recommended for anyone looking for something Batman to read. They're good. Although the Killing Joke can be expenisve. It's only a 50 page or so story and can cost around £15.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:24 am

that sucks

i'll get watchmen first
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:26 am

I'd also recommend Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. It's not a typical Batman tale, but still very good.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:26 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
that sucks

i'll get watchmen first
Yeah, Watchmen's worth reading at least once.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:27 am

do i need imagination to read comics i can't help but think the voices will be shit in my head
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:29 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
do i need imagination to read comics i can't help but think the voices will be shit in my head
I'm one of those people who doesn't hear voices when I read lines. I just read the words.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:36 am

Batman is sooo dull.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:38 am

Gar Gar Binks wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
I'm one of those people who doesn't hear voices when I read lines. I just read the words.
that sounds awful
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:39 am

Protip: Watchman can be found quite comfortably on the internet.

For frizzle.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:40 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Gar Gar Binks wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
that sounds awful
Works for me.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:14 am

Sadly I've only read The Killing Joke. Hard to find other comics where I live
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:01 pm

I have read multiple joker comics lol. The movie joker was awesome i wish they had his joker venom,exploding pies, but they remebered the knife and show and other of his weapons just not his signature joekr venom.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:25 pm

Joker venom? You mean the laughing gas stuff?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:43 pm

Joker venom is his main weapon in the comics it can used as a gas,in bullets,in knives, in cards,in acid ect. It makes people laugh to death.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:47 pm

Never heard it called Joker venom before.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:53 pm

That's what it's called in the comics. also i wish his exploding pies where Also i'm glad they had the bazooka but that's harley's wepon.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:03 pm

You have seen the '89 Batman right? That Joker is the type to use exploding pies. Dark Knight Joker is the type to use exploding people.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:05 pm

Yes I've seen the 89 batman and lol i know but joker venom would be perfect for his personality.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:11 pm

I don't think so. He didn't really have the clown personality or the emphasis on bizarre jokes (well, not the sillier kind anyway) that the Joker usually has in the comics. TDK Joker made people smile by cutting their faces up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight's joker   Dark Knight's joker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Knight's joker
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next