Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My DVD's: TV Comedy

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

My DVD's: TV Comedy Empty
PostSubject: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:04 am

Black Books series 1-3
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
Man to Man with Dean Learner
The Mighty Boosh series 1-3
Knowing Me Knowing You with Alan Partridge
I'm Alan Partridge series 1-2
The IT Crowd series 1-2
BrassEye
The Day Today
Nathan Barley
Spaced series 1-2
The Young Ones series 1-2
Father Ted series 1-3 + Christmas special
Fawlty Towers series 1-2
The Fast Show series 1-3 + The Last Fast Show Ever parts 1-3
The League of Gentlemen series 1-3 + Christmas Special
Blackadder series 1-4 + Christmas Special + Back and Forth
Red Dwarf series 1-8
Scrubs seasons 1-6
Family Guy volumes 1-6 + Blue Harvest + Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story
American Dad volumes 1-3
Futurama seasons 1-4 + Bender's Big Score + Beast with a Billion Backs
South Park seasons 1-7
Ren and Stimpy seasons 1-2

RATE!
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:09 am

Holy shit that's a lot of TV series'.

I only watch(ed) Scrubs, The Office, My Name Is Earl, Reaper, Burn Notice, and... Daxter. Oh, and FIREFLY! Sooooo good.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:13 am

Comedy man. Firefly ain't primarily comedy. And yeah it's a lot. I'm becoming a british comedy nerd. Although I wouldn't lable myself that quite yet, because to the actual British comedy nerds that's probably a pitiful collection. Razz

There's plenty of oldies I don't have and a few other big names I just didn't like that much.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:15 am

Yeah, well, that's ALL the TV I watch. I don't know any of the rest of that stuff.

Well, I guess I'll watch South Park, if it's on. 'Cuz South Park is fucking AWESOME.

Do you have whatever show The Office is based on? They pretty much stole it from a British comedy show. I saw a few episodes of the original. It was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:19 am

No. I never got into The Office. Yes they stole from a British show, which is called The Office, and is exactly the same except British. Stole's probably the wrong word, since Ricky Gervais was involved with the American one (he co-wrote the original).

Anyway, too much of it was really awkward silences. Not that it was bad, but I genuinely found the silences awkward, which kind of stopped it being funny. Gervais also did a show called Extras, which was the same style of comedy but the characters were extras for films and stuff, and they a celebrity guest every episode. Never got into that either.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:21 am

How much did you watch?

The awkward silences... Yeah, they're GENUINELY awkward. It's pretty different, but once you get used to it, it's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.

Gawd, the boss makes me facepalm so much... XD
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:24 am

I've seen a couple episodes.

Out of interest, how long is a series of The Office in America? The regular 20 or so? British sitcoms usually run for 6 episodes per series, and The Office had two series (12 episodes) and a Christmas special. Maybe 2 specials, can't remember.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:26 am

Oh, I don't even know anymore. I think it's like 12 episodes a season or so, I guess, and I think it's on the third season now O.o

I lost track of it for a while between work and school and horrible depression, and now, I can't get back into it, 'cuz I lost track of the story.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:29 am

So you don't know much about it then? Meaning how it's made, lie who writes it, how many writers, etc?

I know I could find all this out easily, but, uh... whatever. >_>
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:30 am

Oh, hell. I don't know that about ANYTHING on TV. I hardly even know what channel/time the stuff's on, the fancy robots record everything for me XD

I know FMA was made by Bones O.o
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:20 am

no simpsons

you get a 1
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:21 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
no simpsons

you get a 1
I knew that was coming. I would get them, but I'm reluctant because I know it'll end up costing me about £800 in the end.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:24 am

Also, Futurama > Simpsons.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:32 am

Fact>opinion Razz

i like both in there own rights but futurama better maintain a decent quality when they start doing episodes again
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:44 pm

I don't they are going to do episodes again. There's the 4 DVD films and thta's it as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:25 am

T_Man wrote:
I don't they are going to do episodes again. There's the 4 DVD films and thta's it as far as I know.
its on hiatus
after the four films they will continue series if DVD sales are high
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:26 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
no simpsons

you get a 1
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:55 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
T_Man wrote:
its on hiatus
Is there a way to use the text size thing to make the emotions bigger? If so I would so do that right now for this one.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 9:09 am

I'm not really a big Simpsons fan. It's funny, sometimes, but I'd never spend money on it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:18 pm

Batman wrote:
I'm not really a big Simpsons fan. It's funny, sometimes, but I'd never spend money on it.
but do you buy DVDs generally
me and nonny buy DVDs constantly hence i' mappalled by the absence of it from his collection
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:19 pm

T_Man wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
T_Man wrote:
its on hiatus
Is there a way to use the text size thing to make the emotions bigger? If so I would so do that right now for this one.

Very Happy
I don't think so
it would probably look really messy
this site can only hold 250 emotes and i got 90 something i think so we can add big ones if needed
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:21 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Batman wrote:
but do you buy DVDs generally
me and nonny buy DVDs constantly hence i' mappalled by the absence of it from his collection
Well, if I'd started buying the seasons when they came out it'd be different. Now it'll cost me about £300 just to get up to speed. Plus I kind of have the same opinion as Dirj on the Simpsons. It's good most of the time, just don't really want to buy it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:24 pm

if you buy at the right time a season is about 13 pounds
thats fairly cheap
and i don't think its worth starting from seaon 1 just get from 5 or 6
i think most people would be content with 6-10 TBH
those are generally considered the best seasons
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:30 pm

I couldn't do that. Even though I know the first few seasons aren't that good I'd have to start from the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:53 pm

i had a feeling you were the obsessive type
i'll weait till they release a massive twenty season box set or some shit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My DVD's: TV Comedy   My DVD's: TV Comedy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My DVD's: TV Comedy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next