Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate this film: Jurassic Park

Go down 
+7
Neo
Ellis
Snake
MetatronTorment
Dirjel
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Rate this film: Jurassic Park Empty
PostSubject: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:30 am

Well, those of you from DBD may remember theses topics, and I thought I'd bring them over here. And I thought I'd start with Jurassic Park. Why (apart from being abel to just copy and paste my topic from DBD of course)? Because it's a god damn brilliant film. Sheer amazement. The special effects still hold up today. In fact, the dinosaurs of Jurassic Park look better and feel more real than any other movie dinosaurs ever. The way they move and act is just so natural and miles from the movie monsters they became in Jurassic Park 2 and 3 (still like 2. 3 is shit). And the physical effects are amazing as well. The full scale mechanical dinosaurs they built look wonderful. Just watch the T-Rex attack in the rain. Any time you just see the head/neck of the T-Rex in a shot, that's the practical effect.

Without doubt the greatest moment in the film (for me), is the very first time we see the dinosaurs. We're brought into the park, everyone's looking shocked and staring at something, but what? Well, a dinosaur, obviously. But I'll be damned if it isn't one the most amazing reveals ever. The score is amazing, the effects are amazing, the design is amazing, the sound is amazing (granted, the thing's making whale noises, but it feels right), the directing is amazing. It's amazing. I'll admit that I never saw Jurassic Park in the cinema, and it was only a few years ago that I bought the DVD boxset. But even watching this on my TV I damn near creamed my pants at that moment.

Jurassic Park is popcorn cinema at it's finest. With perhaps the main flaw being the annoying kids. But kids in films usually are.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:31 am

wait are we talking initial impression
or lasting appeal?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:36 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
wait are we talking initial impression
or lasting appeal?
Whatever you want. I was talking about both really, since although I'd seen the film before quite a few times, it was until I bought it on DVD a couple years ago that I really fell in love with it.

Just post your opinions of it, whether it's first impressions or looking back or whatever. For the poll, just an over all rating.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:38 am

well initially it was a mazing and i watched it loads of times as a kid
as an adult though
the film just doesn't particularly hole my attention till the end
mainly cause i don't care for the events happening inside the computer rooms and main buildings

effects are still cool though

so 7
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:41 am

I voted 9.

I grew up on that movie. It was awesome. Still is. The special effects aren't that bad, either.
Back to top Go down
MetatronTorment
General Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:29 am

Same. 9/10. I've lost count of how many times I've watched this film.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:06 pm

MetatronTorment wrote:
Same. 9/10. I've lost count of how many times I've watched this film.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

WE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON!
Back to top Go down
MetatronTorment
General Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:19 pm

Godot <3 wrote:
DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

WE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON!

HOLY FUCK SHIT THE APOCALYPSE IS NIGH!
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:19 pm

*hides under desk*
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 3:06 pm

10/10, a great movie indeed.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:58 pm

I love the series but 2 wasnt that good to me...the one with the rex entering the city from the boat
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:06 pm

Mr Awesome Haseo wrote:
I love the series but 2 wasnt that good to me...the one with the rex entering the city from the boat
Well this is just about the first film.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:06 pm

whoa people really like this film
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:27 pm

Of course they do. It's an awesome film.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Instead of making a new topic I'm just going ahead and posting this hear.

Anyone getting this on PSN? It's $24 but I fucking love This movie and after seeing what Telltale did with Back to the Future I think they will do it justice. I've seen some reviews that say it's mediocre at best but I really would like to see for myself.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:43 am

I heard it had Heavy Rain style gameplay rather than traditional point and click.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:42 am

Yes just played through the first episode. It is almost exactly like heavy rain, only not as good. But I love JP so this was fun. There were a couple intense parts. Being attacked by the Dilophisaurs was more intense than the T-Rex imo. I wish there was walking around and exploring though.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:51 am

Just finished the second episode. They are enjoyable, but I don't know if they would be worth the original price tag of 30 bucks. I will say that some of the scenes can get intense though. Definately has that low budget production value even though the dinos look really good.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:01 am

I heard it's not the best example of a Telltale game, also a couple of people from the dev team were caught pulling a Bioware and giving the game 10/10 reviews on metacritic.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:32 am

Well the game is far from a 10. Still if all 4 episodes were 20 bucks I'd say it's the perfect price. It isn't as good as BttF was which is dissapointing because while those movies were awesome, JP was like my childhood in a nutshell. Still I'd really recommend it if it ever dips below 20 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Loved the movie every time I watched it, not sure how I think of it now since I didn't watch it since maybe 2004
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 3:28 pm

10/10 awesome movie. there's nothing in it I don't like.

+ the scene where they first see the Dinosaurs is just awesome, when that Brachiosaurus is there, and then they see all the others in the background.

I remember seeing it as a kid back in 1993 and being completely wow'ed by it.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 11:43 pm

Those were actually really fun. They progressively got better. Not really a fan of how the plot went down antagonist-wise but the scenes that involved the fast twitch button presses were fun and the latter episodes had decent puzzles. Nothing thats gonna rack your brain but they switched things up.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:55 am

"That is one big pile of shit" Most epic line especially when watching the film in private school.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 1:23 pm

Zero wrote:
"That is one big pile of shit" Most epic line especially when watching the film in private school.
If dinosaurs take a shit, are they still considered lizards?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate this film: Jurassic Park   Rate this film: Jurassic Park Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate this film: Jurassic Park
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next