Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Go down 
+3
Golden Boy
SimianWonder
Talking Sock
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:28 pm

Kaio wrote:
The Beerus arc made me realise he's one of the best DBZ characters (even though his movie sucked).

Got to agree with this. His dub voice is great too. SSG Goku still sucks though, and with both that and Revival of F, you've got to wonder if Toriyama simply couldn't be bothered with transformations.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:15 pm

Got to the point where Beerus trolls Demigra, then visits the Time Nest and you and Trunks have to fight both Beerus and Whis. I'm at level 39 now, but got wrecked. Both Beerus and Whis have massive amounts of health, have super armour so you can't really get any combos going on them, and because they're quite aggressive its difficult to find time to build up any ki for blast attacks. Trunks is fairly useless as well, going down in around a minute.

How did you guys beat this?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:25 pm

PvP in this game is garbage thanks to the Z-souls. Everyone gets one hit and then spends 3 minutes dragon dashing in circles while regenerating health with Kamiccolo's soul.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:33 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Got to the point where Beerus trolls Demigra, then visits the Time Nest and you and Trunks have to fight both Beerus and Whis.  I'm at level 39 now, but got wrecked.  Both Beerus and Whis have massive amounts of health, have super armour so you can't really get any combos going on them, and because they're quite aggressive its difficult to find time to build up any ki for blast attacks.  Trunks is fairly useless as well, going down in around a minute.

How did you guys beat this?

I used some healing items I think.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 12:10 am

Healing isn't necessarily the problem, I have a regenerative Z-Soul for that, it's more that my damage output is basically reduced to tick damage.

Melee combat is no good; I can't break their super armour, so if I start a combo, they land one of their own. Ki-based Super attacks would seem the way to go, but I can't charge ki because you don't have time. This means I'm currently reduced to using the basic ki blasts and circling the arena. Given both Beerus and Whis have massive health pools, this is going to take a long time and be frankly very, very boring.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 1:49 am

I spammed Finish Breaker. #skillz
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 7:12 am

Golden Boy wrote:
PvP in this game is garbage thanks to the Z-souls. Everyone gets one hit and then spends 3 minutes dragon dashing in circles while regenerating health with Kamiccolo's soul.

I still wanna know what the hell one guy had equipped to grab-throw people to death in like 2-3 goes.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 4:47 pm

He was probably using the soul that increases the stats (SSSJ4 Gogeta's I think).
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:52 pm

Could be. Although, I don't recall my moves ever being that OP when I used it for a mission or two. This guy was just grabbin'.

C'mon. I mean, c'mooon.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 9:28 pm

Recoome's pose is my new favorite move. Fuck super armor, explosive waves and 1vs3 fights, now I have super armor!
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 9:59 pm

I wish I had a PS4 so you guy could play this stupid Bardock mission for me.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 10:34 pm

I got lucky and completed Bardock's on my first try while he had 5% left, but I know an easy way to do it now: I got an ultimate move from Mr. Satan that forces every enemy to lock-on my character. I used it in a PQ to keep a CPU alive and it worked.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 10:43 am

Kaio wrote:
I wish I had a PS4 so you guy could play this stupid Bardock mission for me.

No co-op in story mode, so it wouldn't make a bit of difference, Kai. Bardock's AI is inert.

Also, got called a cheating "fagget" for using Cell's "Argh... Just kidding," Z-soul. lol.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Having finished my training with Vegeta, I opted for Cell next. Having gotten a Z rank in a PQ, he uttered the line, "Splendid! Now that was a true fight! I would totally hug you, if that were something I did!"

That made me smile.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 3:14 pm

I finished Vegeta, Krillin and Ginyu. Am currently with Gohan and Videl.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 3:42 pm

I've finished messing around with Piccolo, Vegeta, Mr. Satan, Ginyu, Goku, Cell, and now I'm with Beerus.

I also dabbled a bit with Gohan/Videl and Gotenks way back, but they didn't satisfy my needs, so I'll be saving them for after the God of Destruction.

After that, I'll move over to Freeza and Krillin, and then I'll finally be doing 18.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 6:49 pm

After spending a bit of time doing PQs, I jumped back to the Beerus and Whis fight. Having advanced from level 37 to the giddy heights of 56, and changed some of my skills; maximum charge giving much higher charge rate, and using Cell's frankly ridiculous Perfect Kamehameha instead of Recoome's Fighting Bomber I managed to decimate the remainder of story mode, including putting Demigra on his arse with minimal effort.

I did really enjoy the story mode, and the hook is clearly there for a sequel.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 10:32 pm

So now what? What is the Bardock fight that Kai mentioned? I've done all the available PQs and all the story missions, but there's nothing else to do. How to I unlock the rest of the content (Minimal spoilers, please!)?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 10:56 pm

You need to find five time crystals. One you get after finishing story mode, one from a guy standing outside the time garden thing, one from PQ 2, 21 or 32, one from PQ 14, 18 or 42 and one from PQ 49.

It's pretty easy to get them. Don't even need an Ultimate Finish.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 11:15 pm

Oh, yeah, I'd already gotten three of the shards just had no idea what they were for. Looks like its back to grinding PQs then. On the other hand, anyone had any joy with the servers yet? Literally every single time I sign in to the game, I have to be disconnected from the internet otherwise I just get a continuous "checking server" message and I havent yet touched online as a result.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 5:13 am

I've gotten into multi-lobbies a good few times. Eventually, I do wind up getting disconnected after a while, but I manage to stick around and mess about a lot before that happens.

By the way, a patch is coming. The PC version just got an update that nerfed Kamicollo's z-soul and Scum may have gotten nerfed as well. The console versions are set to get the patch soon.

"Bwahahaha...Thanks for the Energy" apparently got a buff too... A really big buff...

Spoiler:

You can tell the guy is very, very thankful for the energy.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 11:32 am

What are the patching on those souls?

I think a lot of the problem is that the descriptions on the souls simply don't tell you enough about how good, or otherwise, they are, you really need to try them out. For instance, I tried using first form Cell's Z-Soul, which auto-regens ki, and can regen health is if gets low. Sounds great, doesn't it? Thing is, the ki regen is really slow - it literally takes ten seconds to charge a single bar - and the health regen doesn't kick it until you've got 1/3 of the health bar left, and again, it's slow and doesn't last long.

Scum, if I recall, doesn't indicate it gives you infinite ki, just that it gives you full ki. A very important difference that I suspect will be the issue to be patched. Might have answered my own question there.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 11:37 am

From what people are saying, Kamiccolo's regenerative properties has been reduced by a significant amount. Around 25% of its original regen rate. Scum was changed so that instead of gaining infinite ki, you just get 3 bars.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 12:00 pm

Noooooooo.
Kamiccolo's Z-soul was unfair in PvP, but who cares about PvP in this game. I was able to solo the PQs thanks to this soul. Now I'll have to bring those horrible AI teammates again who break my combos by spamming ki blasts.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 2:25 pm

I don't go online anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next