Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destiny

Go down 
+8
Skip
Golden Boy
Neo
????
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Eevil-Psycho
testtubebaby
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 9:31 pm

deleted my Hunter, and made a new one, wasn't happy with her looks to be honest. + gives me a chance to go through the story again now that they've revamped it with TTK. Think it should be in the new patch tomorrow already, so I've got a week to level that Hunter.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 6:38 pm

for those wondering, The Taken King has really made this game into what it was supposed to be from the get-go I believe. It's well worth it, it's so much better in so many ways, and there's so much to do it's almost ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 3:53 am

If you can still say that in about two months I'll believe it.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 10:20 am

well, 2 months from now I will probably have done everything there is to do yeah. Don't see how that would change the fact that it's just a whole better game with a lot more to do?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 6:02 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
for those wondering, The Taken King has really made this game into what it was supposed to be from the get-go I believe. It's well worth it, it's so much better in so many ways, and there's so much to do it's almost ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more.

The Taken King feels like Destiny is finally the game we wanted it to be a year ago, and one I would now happily recommend. That wouldn't have been the case even a few weeks ago, but TTK has pretty much nailed all the complaints people had about the base game. The strikes all have their own raid-lite mechanics, the bosses are no longer bullet sponges,the older strikes now have a variety of events that can take place instead of being identical every time, the questing system works like a charm, and the RNG has been tweaked this time around, so it has a tendency to reward with with stuff you actually need rather than repeated duplicates when all you want is a set of boots. I'm looking at you Year One Vault of Glass! It's even - whisper it! - got a well told story. Plus the gun play feels as good as ever.

The new sub-classes are freaking amazing as well. Stormcaller Warlock going all Emperor Palpatine on a group of foes will never, ever, get boring.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 12:54 pm

i just bought TTK digital because i sold destiny ages ago, have to say i actually felt really far behind when i turned the game on and seen green gear with higher stats than my fully upgraded yellows

E: cant find nightfall either, have they done away with it?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 2:17 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
well, 2 months from now I will probably have done everything there is to do yeah. Don't see how that would change the fact that it's just a whole better game with a lot more to do?
Destiny is an MMO, it should have enough content to last more than a month or two.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 3:01 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
i just bought TTK digital because i sold destiny ages ago, have to say i actually felt really far behind when i turned the game on and seen green gear with higher stats than my fully upgraded yellows

E:  cant find nightfall either, have they done away with it?

Yes, it's year two, you start all over again with greens and blues and work your way up. So get rid of that year one stuff cause it's useless.

Also, Nightfall is still in but it won't unlock before you reach a certain level.

Also, Neo, Destiny is not an MMO, you can't compare it to an actual MMO cause it's far from it.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 6:11 pm

thats ok then, it just seemed like a lot on the destination screen from what it was when i had it originally, ill slowly get there, i bought the witcher 3 today & i still haven't scratched the surface of batman yet and i also made the silly mistake of starting the last of us the other day but i hit the plat on until dawn last night so thats one down i suppose
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 8:04 am

So I made a Titan and i will make the other classes, what should I play as?

The titan i'm mainly using to get my nephew better at the game. Also I have some item to make a level 25 immediately I assume its one use so if i don't feel like doing the main campaign with a character apparently I can skip most of it.

I've got Taken King.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 6:22 pm

yeah, it's an item for players who joined after Taken King to be level 25 at once so they don't need to do all the grinding. (beats the purpose of playing the game imo, but whatever)

Titan is the best class. especially when you're playing the solar class.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 6:58 pm

If you are playing from the start you wont have his solar set up  until you have started TTK missions, do his void class up as the bubble is a must for raiding.
Hunter only really becomes useful when you get his void ability so that would be the character you should use your level 25 boost on.
Warlock has sunsinger (solar) to level up before stormcaller (arc) when you get to TTK missions

E: Also, give me a shout if you need a bit of help getting started, the bounties can be completed by anyone on your fireteam
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 9:31 am

All three classes have their uses, though some sub-classes are better than others. The real differences come down to perk selection, supers and their jumps. Yes, their jumps.

Titans have access to the Defender class, where their super lets them put down a dome that is completely impervious to damage. It has very little offensive capability of its own (though it can be set to provide a 30% increase to weapon damage) but you can gather a whole raid team within it, which makes it almost unarguably the best support class for Raids. Titan strikers are almost exclusively used in PvP - you'll find very little use for their skillset in PvE - and Sunbreakers have recently been nerfed (thanks to having a completely broken Super) but do at least have some utility outside of spamming flaming hammers. Titan jumps tend to have a lot of height, allowing them to scale vertical surfaces easily, but not a lot of distance or precision.

Hunters are my least favourite class, though Nightstalker at least gives them some much needed PvE parity with Titans and Warlocks, the Gunslinger and Blade Dancer sub-classes both feeling like PvP oriented classes, though Blade Dancer does have access to breif invisibility. Nightstalker is where its at though; the super, which shoots a large ethereal arrow into a group of enemies, can pin them down, debuff them and is hugely helpful for Raids. Hunter jumps are either blink (short-range teleport) or a series of short and precise quick jumps. They can also get a quad-jump ability with one set of exotic tier boots, which is hilariously good fun, especially for certain sections of the new Raid.

Warlock is my go-to class though. Far from being the squishy mage character, they have the fastest recovery time of all three classes by default, have a melee range the other two can only dream of and Sunsinger Warlocks can bring themselves back from the dead, in addition to turning entire rooms into a grenade free-for-all, gaining overshield on melee and generally being pretty selfish. Voidwalkers are basically mob-bashers, the super a single powerful mini-nuke that does not much against bosses, but will one-shot everything less than a major (yellow health) class enemy, especially if they're all bunched up, which happens a lot. Stormcaller is the new class, introduced in Taken King, and is again designed for longer lasting, sustained damage, basically turning you into Emperor Palpatine as you launch lightning from your fingertips and float along the ground hunting anything in the vicinity. Warlock jumps tend to be slow and floaty, so they can cover large horizontal distances but are vulnerable whilst doing so, though Voidwalkers can use the same short-range teleport as Hunters.

Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 5:51 pm

I'll give one downside to playing as a Titan, if you get too used to playing it, the jumps of the other classes or gonna annoy the hell out of you.

I'm so used to have huge height and range, and every time I use Hunter or Warlock it feels like they couldn't jump over a puddle.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 6:17 pm

Thats sucky was going to play this a bit today but psn is down now
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 12:50 am

ive been playing it a solid week or so and im so happy with it i have a max titan already need to do raids and gear but yes im loving it was lvling a lock and hunter previously but since psn is down i am now ssad but i want to play more and more add me on psn when it comes back up and when we can do some shit and im on shoot me a msg

PSN: kingxalas
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm

if you need to do raid let me know, i dont mind going through easy raid to get you guys some better stuff
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 9:13 pm

ive been wanting to raid but dont have a team yet
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 7:29 pm

well simian is advanced and myself, buu is just starting so we would only need 2 more players
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 7:48 pm

I can join depending on when.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 11:02 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
I'll give one downside to playing as a Titan, if you get too used to playing it, the jumps of the other classes or gonna annoy the hell out of you.

I'm so used to have huge height and range, and every time I use Hunter or Warlock it feels like they couldn't jump over a puddle.

Nah, it's not just Titans, once to get used to playing one class, the other two just feel wrong. Warlocks can cover horizontal distances the others can only dream of (including a single jump over the entire jumping puzzle in VoG, if you know where to aim!), but they're floaty and slow. Hunters are fast and precise, and Titans, like you say, feel like high-jumpers but have neither Hunter's accuracy nor Warlock's horizontal range.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, Lost to Light is the Daily today which gives you the chance to get the Black Spindle (exotic sniper rifle). You'll need to be quite high light level to stand a chance (290 minimum, 300+ ideally) but it's an excellent choice of weapon for several Raid bosses. If anyone hasn't yet participated in one, Raids are great. Kings Fall will give higher level drops than Vault of Glass or Crota's End, but all three are good fun, even if Crota can be bombed through in half an hour with a reasonably competent team.

If you're looking for help and guidance with Raids, then Jay, Psycho and I are all pretty experienced Raiders (though admittedly I've only beaten King's Fall a handful of times compared to having around 150 combined clears on VoG and CE) so you could do a lot worse than ask us!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 10:01 pm

Are you guys interested in either starting this or picking it up again?

I'm thinking of starting up a clan if a few of you are interested. This game seems like a lot of fun to me and the two recent expansions seem to have added a lot for returning players to. I think its very likely i'll get the new expansion come september.

So if you're interested in playing again let me now or if you're starting a new character let me know and we can coop.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 4:40 pm

I'll probably hop back on it when the new DLC comes out whenever that is. But if it's september, then you won't see me much after the 30rd I think.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 4:46 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
I'll probably hop back on it when the new DLC comes out whenever that is. But if it's september, then you won't see me much after the 30rd I think.

Thats fine, I'm more planning a bit each day/weekly rather than flying through stuff. Don't wanna burn out and then hopefully jump straight into 2 when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 9:14 pm

I've already ordered Rise of Iron. Really enjoying the game again post April update.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 37 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next