Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destiny

Go down 
+8
Skip
Golden Boy
Neo
????
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Eevil-Psycho
testtubebaby
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 8:51 pm

How To Fix Destiny:
  • Quadruple drop rates across the board
  • Remove Radiant Materials and Exotic Shards from the game or add resource sinks for Ascendent Materials ie: cosmetic items
  • Remove Exotic gear upgrade process from the game, add additional upgrade nodes to all exotic items and raid legendaries to allow them to reach a higher stat cap
  • Remove Commendations from the game
  • Curate Xur's inventory to prevent repeats each week
  • Address PvP balance issues - weapons, supers and maps
  • Reduce experience requirement to max Exotic weapons
  • Add rewards for running Weekly, Nightfall and Daily missions more than once per lockout - this could just be a chunk of experience and it would be fine
  • Add options for players who do not own the DLC in regards to Weekly, Nightfall and Daily
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 9:21 pm

I always grinded for stuff like perfect IVs and TMs in Pokémon, so I don't mind how Destiny works. I get the crappiest loot from getting the top place in PvP, Strikes or Nightfall, but I'm okay with this as I've already found a weapon that I truly enjoy using. Besides, I like trying new stuff and strategies in PvP.

The game needs more shaders imo.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 9:27 pm

As someone who never hit light level 30 pre-expansion, I honestly don't feel like I've been reset to zero at all. Instead, I feel like I suddenly have all these new goals and things to achieve which are a natural progression from where I was before. How others see me in the world of Destiny doesn't matter to me one bit so, if we all have the same gear and light level now even though I played more than some (but less than others), that is okay by me because there are new levels now to try and achieve before they do.

I spent my coins with Xur today, bought Truth, bought an exotic shard and handed in my fully-upgraded Thorn for a new one.  Yes, I have to unlock Mark of the Devourer again, but the weapon starts at 302 damage, higher than the maximum of my previous fully-levelled equivalent.

Also, trust Chou to be worried about his aesthetics!
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 9:59 pm

Your being able to tolerate them does not excuse the egregious design flaws with this game.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 10:11 pm

A few months ago Simian used to constantly bash Destiny and you defended the game. So weird.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 10:41 pm

I'd never pretend the game is without flaws. I was a fairly vocal critic of the game early doors, and even though I don't mind the grind to a point, some of the design choices have been baffling. For what it's worth Neo, I agree with pretty much every single one of your bullet points above, but that doesn't mean I'm not having fun with the game.

I said it months ago, I'll say it again; Destiny's a good game waiting for the great game it has the potential to become to burst forth like a butterfly from a cocoon. Or something like that.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Sounds like people are growing more disdain towards the game.

Angel to my eyes.

Not surprised. Even the people who enjoyed Density for awhile are starting to dislike the game. The game is lie, point blank period. Kind of like Skyrim a bit (except not as horrible)

And I love the fact that this game had the audacity to still release DLC being that is basically one of the most incomplete games I've ever played (not counting the horrific Sims 4) and the balls to be making a sequel even though it was promised a 10 year lifecycle.

Also this game proves that you can buy people in journalism. No game under a 9 score gets this much hype, especially one that receive nothing but 5,6, and 7s. COD isn't even this talked about.

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:43 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Also this game proves that you can buy people in journalism. No game under a 9 score gets this much hype, especially one that receive nothing but 5,6, and 7s. COD isn't even this talked about.

Or it proves that, despite it's flaws, a lot of people still really like the game. But no, it's far more likely bribery was involved than people who play games for a living might actually do so because they enjoy playing games, right?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:50 pm

Empirewild likes to regurgitate what he reads on /v/, you can ignore him. There was a lot of hype for this game because it looked extremely promising but once it was actually out and the embargo was lifted the review scores were very mediocre. Sure does seem like those 6/10 scores were paid for.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 1:16 am

Wait, fans are being paid off now?!?!?

I must tell the people at /v/! THEY MUST KNOW!

(In all seriousness, I was talking about gaming journalist reporting on Destiny like it is the second coming of Jesus despite the low scores.)

If you enjoy Destiny...........well I guess enjoy it. Though if you wanted a better game, play Planetside 2.

Still not the worst game of 2014, but VERY close.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 2:35 am

Empirewild wrote:
Not surprised. Even the people who enjoyed Density for awhile are starting to dislike the game. The game is lie, point blank period. Kind of like Skyrim a bit (except not as horrible)

Now hold on. Are you now saying that Skyrim is horrible? I thought you were praising it when it first came out.

Empirewild wrote:
I can't believe none of you are talking about this game......... I fucking hate you all. I hope you all burn into a crisp!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
????
Butter Bomb

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 2:51 am

Zero wrote:
Empirewild wrote:

Now hold on. Are you now saying that Skyrim is horrible? I thought you were praising it when it first came out.

Empirewild wrote:
I can't believe none of you are talking about this game......... I fucking hate you all. I hope you all burn into a crisp!!!!

Shit changes. I make some regrettable decisions (That includes Mass Effect 2 and Perfect Dark Zero). Also I didn't say Skyrim was horrible, it was a massive disappointment like Destiny. However Skyrim remained decent while Density sucked the big one (Hey, atleast Skyrim was released a completed disappointment).

(Don't bring 2011 me back by the way. So many regrets! SO MANY!) INB4peoplewillstillcallmeoutanyways.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 4:51 pm

Neo wrote:
Sure does seem like those 6/10 scores were paid for.

Really? Is you opinion of the game so low that you think a bribe had to be paid to gain a score of 6/10? Even allowing for the games many flaws, 6/10 would be the absolute lowest score I'd possibly award it, I'd be much more inclined to go with a 7 and that's purely based on how much I like the game and not because I've been paid off.

Empirewild wrote:
Still not the worst game of 2014, but VERY close.

I can't work out if you're simply so blinded by the vocal majority that you actually believe this, or you're just a massive troll.

It's really not close at all. For all it gets wrong, it gets some very, very right; the environments looks beautiful and the actual gunplay is excellent.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Yes, that is precisely what I meant.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Even if the gameplay mechanics of this are solid. There sounds like they are adding in mountins of pointless padding. The patches sound outright bad to me. The longer its been out the less interest i've had in it.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Neo wrote:

In which case why did you spend so much time playing it?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 6:05 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Neo wrote:

Skinner box

I'm sure you all have played better games this year, but i bet you've played this more then a bunch of games you've liked more than this.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 6:19 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Neo wrote:

I'm not sure how to sarcastically respond to this but let's assume I did.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 6:24 pm

The new Vanguard playlist is better than Nightfall. I got a Suros from a strike and in the next one I got a legendary engram (I think that's my third or fourth from the playlist this week). Another player got The Last Word and a new legendary ship. Not to mention all those legendary engrams I've gotten from the Cryptarch thanks to the blue engrams I keep finding in the strikes.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 6:34 pm

Neo wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
Neo wrote:

I'm not sure how to sarcastically respond to this but let's assume I did.
Isn't it because you had a solid group of friends who were also playing it?

I mean that in itself is why CoD sells so well.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 6:59 pm

No, it's because the concept of bribing someone to give you a 6/10 review is ludicrous and I don't know why Simian interpreted my post in that way to start with.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Because you uninstalled the game and smashed the disc.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 8:07 pm

Neo wrote:
No, it's because the concept of bribing someone to give you a 6/10 review is ludicrous and I don't know why Simian interpreted my post in that way to start with.
For what it's worth, I only check this topic occasionally, and I thought the sarcasm was obvious.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 8:31 pm

I did not, evidently.

Yes, it's a ludicrous suggestion, hence why I questioned it. As for why I did not pick up any intended sarcasm, it's likely because just a few posts prior you had stated you had deleted the game from your hard drive, then listed several things needed to "fix" the game. Both items suggest that you were fed up with playing the game, that you thought it was broken, hence I did not even contemplate that you might be sarcastic in you post.

Anyway, sorry I missed the sarcasm, I seem to be the only one who did, and subsequently made myself look a bit of a tit.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 12:51 pm

don't worry, I didn't pick up on it either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 25 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next