Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destiny

Go down 
+8
Skip
Golden Boy
Neo
????
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Eevil-Psycho
testtubebaby
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 10:40 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Empirewild wrote:
People still play Destiny?

I thought we threw it in the "Overhyped shit" with Watch_Dogs and Titanfall

How very constructive.

Destiny isn't perfect, far from it, but it is a lot of fun (despite my earlier reservations) and I love the setting.  Titanfall wasn't exactly revolutionary, but again it was an awful lot of sheer fun.
He prefers sweeping, inflammatory statements to constructive debate.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 12:23 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I didn't go for level 24 as I though it likely I'd simply be struggling to contribute.  As it was, I died more and killed a lot less than yourself or the other random.  Granted you were both five levels higher than me, but still.

Edit;The Thorn?  Looked great, but looking at all the hoops you have to jump through to get it, I don't think I'll ever have it myself!

you're level 23 so don't worry about being a "burdon". when i got the thorn you had to get 500 void kills but from what ive been told since its void damage now, 1 shotgun blast gets 3 points of damage & a kill gets 5, or so i'm led to believe
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:29 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
when i got the thorn you had to get 500 void kills but from what ive been told since its void damage now, 1 shotgun blast gets 3 points of damage & a kill gets 5, or so i'm led to believe

No, it was always like that. You gain 5 points for any kills with void damage and lose 2 points for every death. You can use grenades and supers as long as they're void, it doesn't have to be a weapon.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:51 pm

What's the deal with the seemingly random Public events? I saw at least four yesterday (though ignored two of them), haven't seen a single one today. Is there a defined trigger, or are they simply random?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:48 pm

http://destinypublicevents.com/

I don't think it's complete for the maps other than Earth but it should still give you a decent idea. Events are more likely to spawn if there are more players in the zone. Try and get one gold rating every day for the easy shard/energy in the mail, events also have a chance to drop shards and energies on completion but it's not very efficient.

E: Public Events are also the fastest possible way to max out your Vanguard Marks if you can do it in a fireteam, although the loot from level 24 strike playlists would make that a more attractive option for you at the moment.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 4:12 pm

Skipio wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
Empirewild wrote:
People still play Destiny?

I thought we threw it in the "Overhyped shit" with Watch_Dogs and Titanfall

How very constructive.

Destiny isn't perfect, far from it, but it is a lot of fun (despite my earlier reservations) and I love the setting.  Titanfall wasn't exactly revolutionary, but again it was an awful lot of sheer fun.
He prefers sweeping, inflammatory statements to constructive debate.

Isn't that worthy enough. I don't need a long rant of how this game is nothing but if Halo had hoods on. The aiming is more dodgy like Halo 1, the mission variety is missing. And I have this feeling this game is not even finished.

500 million dollars for this? Indie developers have more heart into their games.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 4:19 pm

Also by the way.

This isn't a bad game. It's just extremely overhyped and fall flat on it's face.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 6:29 pm

have you played it yet empire? you say it isnt a bad game but you come out with this line

Empirewild wrote:
Isn't that worthy enough. I don't need a long rant of how this game is nothing but if Halo had hoods on. The aiming is more dodgy like Halo 1, the mission variety is missing. And I have this feeling this game is not even finished.

500 million dollars for this? Indie developers have more heart into their games.

The only reason you compare it to halo is because bungie made it, I have no problems with the aiming at all & i havn't heard many others with that problem either. There are plenty of missions on the game they're just all tied into the 3 planets & earth's moon which maybe whats restricting your thinking maybe? The game wasn't finished on release & bungie announced that raids would be put in after, now they are in there it is complete bar DLC. Have you even played the game or are you just reading online comments? I know you're a PC gamer & this isnt out yet on PC
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 7:38 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Also by the way.

This isn't a bad game. It's just extremely overhyped and fall flat on it's face.

It isn't bad but "falls flat on it's face?" Okay, I'll bite. Overhyped, yes, it is, but in what way has it fallen flat on it's face?

* You know that $500m budget you were using against it earlier on? It made that back the day of release.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-revenue-hits-500-million-in-24hrs/1100-6422231/
http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/10/destiny-makes-500-million-in-one-day-4863636/

* Because no one plays it? Wrong. A month after launch, 3.2 million people are still playing it daily.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/11/destiny-iron-banner-3-2-million/
http://www.gameguyz.com/news/game/one-month-after-launch-3-2-million-people-are-playing-destiny-every-day.html

* Because it wasn't as good as everyone expected it to be? Fair point, it was a little disappointing, my earlier concerns about the game were presented earlier in the topic (in short, it looks like a cross-gen game, some of the artwork is breathtaking, the guns handle brilliantly, but it still feels a little hollow). Thing is, I'm still playing it, despite all that. At the moment it's a game with wonderful moments rather than being a wonderful game, but - as you so graciously conceded - it's far from being a bad game, and if the success it has seen so far constitutes to "fall flat on it's face" then every developer and publisher in existence must be wishing their games could also fall flat.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 10:56 pm

Of course people still play it. I never denied that. I am just shock people still do. I find the game boring, uneventful, etc. I see it like Watch_Dogs and Titanfall as games that were hyped, but failed to meet the expectations that they hyped for.

Watch_Dogs hacking? Press X to fucking win with a joke of story that might of well not even have one. Gameplay? Boring GTA knockoff that has force and half-assed multiplayer. You want a good games with dogs in it.

Replace Watch with Sleeping.

Titanfall might actually been the honest one. It was what I expected. FPS mech game. I only managed to play that game for a few hours, so I couldn't judge too much. It was fun for an hour, got boring quickly.

Titanfall was expected to be the biggest new IP ever with expansive worlds, mission variety, and a hell of a lot more. What I got was a mediocre attempt at a MMOFPS. Mission variety? Non-existence. Aiming? Dodgy as shit which makes me remind me of Halo 1's aiming which was . Graphics. The game looks good, that might be it's only high point. Raid was fun for like the first two times, but playing Vault of Glass 10 times gets tiring.

Story? Yeah what story. You mean vague bullshit Bungie made up in the last minute? Great story missions by the way, so fun (sarcasm). With confirmed DLC, the game is incomplete.

Am I a negative Nancy? Yes I am, but 6 years and 500 million dollars and this is all I get? You want a company to use 500 million dollars right, get Rockstar. If this was made in 3 years with like 30 million, I could accept that. I swear, most of that went into avoiding getting this game mediocre scores.

Any reviewer who dared give this game more than a 8, is on some good crack or is paid off by Activision. This game is nothing but a 6 to me. A ok MMOFPS.

Oh yeah, it did get 500 million dollars and companies dream of that. But does it deserve it?

Also you do realize PC gamers have consoles right? I have a PS4 and a Wii U because not every video game comes to PC.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:36 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Oh yeah, it did get 500 million dollars and companies dream of that. But does it deserve it?

Absolutely, and I can say that without even having touched the game once. Do Infinity Ward and Activision deserve making a profit off a re-skin for Call of Duty every year? From a business standpoint, yes. They know that people will buy their games and only have an incentive to change when they stop making ridiculous profits. In the case of Destiny, Bungie marketed the game very well, clearly. They appealed to the audience that they wanted to appeal to and even grabbed the attention of a few other demographics. And in general, people seem relatively happy with the game. A business cannot ask for anything better. If you can make a product or service and can market it well enough to grab this much attention and for it to be generally positive, you deserve to make a profit from a business perspective.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 12:20 pm

I tried my hand at the Daily Heroic just now, I'm a level 23 Warlock and have been strolling through the level 20 Dailies without much trouble. I'd been moaning that my drops and loot have been crap, I've found nothing that improves on my equipped gear for at least ten hours, so I followed Jay's advice and bumped up the difficulty from default level 20 to level 24.

So, that I did. Managed to make it through until the end with extreme patience, before they unleashed the huge Knight on me. And the thralls. Well, the level 24 Thralls can kill me in two hits, the first hit knocking me down to a sliver of health. Any other hit, be it from another Thrall (who always spawn in groups of course), or splash damage from the Acolytes or the Knight himself and I'm dead. I died at least a dozen times - mainly because I'm using a hand cannon, and to do any damage to the Knight you need precision hits, which means aiming, which in turn means losing radar, which means you get Thralls in your face without warning and when you least need it, like when you're reloading.

Finally beat it with a huge slice of fortune (the Knight decided not to move around, so he was stationary target) after an hour and a half and my reward? A blue engram. Great, it's bound to be some kick ass gear after all that effort. Nope. It's a level eighteen piece of chest armour that's comfortably worse than what I've already got. For ****'s sake, it's a level 24 mission, I'm level 23, so why is the reward only level 18?! What good is that?

Decided to do some crucible instead, did a few games where I was stomped, then a final game where we did the stomping, the final score roughly 20000 to 6200. My own score was just shy of 4000, so was quite happy with that. I was second place in the group, and we had one guy joined towards the end, finished on 600 points. here come the end rewards!

Fuck me. The guy who joined at the end, who played perhaps three minutes of the game, and got 600 points? Legendary Engram. The guy who finished first? Mote of light. Me? Nothing. The RNG utterly hates me.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 3:20 pm

fear not, i did the daily heroic solo on level 28 earlier so if you want we could go through it gain on that, or i can help do 24 strikes? im on most of the night so just send a msg through psn & we'll get you some better stuff.

Last edited by testtubebaby on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 3:22 pm

Clash is better for farming, as the matches are shorter on average. But if you want level up fast, you should focus on mark, reputation and coin farming and clearing Nightfall. Daily Heroic and public events are basically for ascendant material farming, which are required for upgrading legendary and exotic stuff.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 4:20 pm

Jay, appreciate the offer but I'm in London for a couple ofdays so won't be near the PS4! Chou, what is Night fall? I've seen it mentioned a few times but I've not yet seen it in the game.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 4:32 pm

nightfall is on the left where daily heroic is, its a level 28 strike with extra modifiers, oh & if ll 3 die you get put bk in space.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 4:56 pm

I don't have that. The only the icons I have are one for multiplayermultiplayer, the daily heroic and then the weekly heroic.perhaps I'm not high enough level to warrant it appearing yet?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Yeah, that should be the problem. It's the weekly heroic strike at level 28 with different modifiers, but it's actually easier thanks to the x3 elemental damage multiplier. The rewards are a lot better too (it's usually legendary or exotic gear).
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:30 pm

From memory you need to be 25 or 26 before the nightfall is available, it's somewhat irrelevant anyway because this week's nightfall is probably the most difficult it's ever been - I doubt it's possible without being 28+ and having very good weapons.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 6:15 pm

Did you try the nova bomb? Didn't "the crazy movement and reload bonus" help?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 2:02 am

In all seriousness if nova bomb was arc damage I'd have gotten through it with relative ease. You really should try playing voidwalker more often though, I think you'd be surprised.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 10:07 am

Justrealised I'm going to miss Xur again. Bugger.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 10:50 am

Neo wrote:
In all seriousness if nova bomb was arc damage I'd have gotten through it with relative ease.

Wouldn't that actually make it worse for the Vault of Glass considering the Vex have void shields?

Quote :
You really should try playing voidwalker more often though, I think you'd be surprised.

I stopped playing the game because I've to write my master's thesis when I realized it had become a routine. But if you're confident you can show me that Voidwalker is better in PvE or PvP, I'll be back.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 12:41 pm

Fist of havoc is capable of oneshotting everything on normal mode and almost everything on hard mode and it's essentially just a short range nova bomb, the difference wouldn't be so large that it'd cause any problems in almost all cases.

I shouldn't need to demo anything for you to understand that in situations where enemies can two shot you killing them faster is far better than being able to revive and get instantly two shot again. It's not like I didn't try both classes in this week's NF. In HM VoG no single (non boss) enemy can kill you that quickly but they come in far greater numbers and there are situations where hordes of fanatics (the enemies you need to hold off to avoid instant wipes) or supplicants (the enemies you need to hold off to prevent instant kills happening to your portal team) come at you and need to be killed far more quickly than grenades would allow. Nova bomb allows you to handle these situations much more easily and reduce the chances of deaths, not just for yourself but your whole team.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 1:54 pm

FoH has less range, but it's a lot faster than the bomb and the Strikers get a substantial defense buff upon activating it, so they don't face the risk of dying before the super is even out like the Voidwalkers. You make a point about Voidwalkers being fast killers when in reality you've to properly set up your super or wait to use it.

Raid is also the only mission where killing enemies fast actually matters, but a team of decent players of any class won't have any problems clearing it anyway (at least on normal mode, never tried hard). Your argument is basically that being able to kill two relatively dangerous and a few trash enemies ten seconds faster is more useful than radiance (reviving without waiting over thirty seconds), scorch and two fusion grenades. I get it.

PS: I'm actually trolling you for making outrageous claims about the Voidwalker's melee and not admitting than Sunsinger is a superior class in every story and strike mission (and raid). Ironically, saying that "Bruce iz da best character" in a game you didn't play was more accurate than your "Voidwalker is far more useful" statement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 7 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 38  Next