Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Godzilla

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Godzilla Empty
PostSubject: Godzilla   Godzilla Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 9:54 pm

New game coming out sounds fun:

http://www.siliconera.com/tag/godzilla/
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Godzilla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla   Godzilla Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 10:24 pm

This sounds great. The 2014 Legendary Godzilla is unlockable too. Having a Super X show up during a fight sounds so cool.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Godzilla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla   Godzilla Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 11:03 pm

The Super Best Friends video actually explains the game perfectly.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Godzilla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla   Godzilla Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 6:42 pm

Of course there had to be one glaring problem. The upgrade system is abysmal. There's a lot of stuff to unlock for each kaiju, but it takes points and kaiju cells. So you might need 200 points and a Mothra Cell for whatever upgrade. You need to fight Mothra for that. The campaign missions either have a set kaiju that attacks or a random one, but there's no way to pick specific missions. You just have to play through the campaign over and over. 84 Godzilla, all the evil kaijus, and all the good kaijus are grouped together in 3 separate campaigns, and you can only have one going at a time. So if I want to upgrade Godzilla I have to play through his campaign all the way until I happen to see the kaiju I want, or picking random missions hoping to find it.

There's a mode where you fight 6 random kaiju in a row, which you can get cells from. But you only get cells from 2 of the random kaiju you fight, and you don't find out which until the end. So it's randomness on top of randomness. And the points/cells don't carry over between kaiju either, so you have to go through this with each kaiju you want to upgrade.

It's deliberately as slow and arduous as possible for no fucking reason. It's like Monster Hunter where you definitely get the item you want you want from the monster you kill, but finding it is blind luck.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Godzilla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla   Godzilla Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 9:32 pm

Oh wait, the cells do carry over. The points don't but the cells do. I could have sworn they didn't earlier. With a few upgrades it's a lot more fun and responsive. With a 180 quick spin, rear and side attacks, and a better energy gauge, Godzilla feels much faster. You can deal damage and position yourself much more easily.

It sucks that 2014 Godzilla doesn't have any attack upgrades, just energy efficiency. He'd be fuckin' invincible with more attacks.

I just found out some Kaiju need to be triggered with certain conditions, like Jet Jaguar. I never encountered him, but you have to destroy the generator on the first with a 50% destruction rate to make him appear. After he appears randomly like the rest of them.

The diorama mode sucks. It's literally a virtual diorama, in a little box with painted walls so it looks like crap, and if you angle the camera too low you can see the stage lights above it. No idea why they didn't use the actual levels.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Godzilla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla   Godzilla Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 11:54 pm

So how does godzilla play is it like a beat em up, or is it just individual smash moves?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Godzilla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla   Godzilla Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 12:27 am

It's not a beat 'em up. As I understand the Japanese PS3 version that came out months only had Godzilla playable, and the PS4 version is a sort of "definitive edition". It made all the other monsters playable but didn't give them any new abilities, so Godzilla is the only one who learns through upgrades (that I've noticed so far). It also added the online fights. Neither version has local vs though.

You get a standard 3 hit combo, a heavy attack, a special attack, and a super move with invincibility. That's every kaiju in the game. Godzilla gets othe stuff like the 180 tail spin, a tail slam, different kinds of atomic breath, and so on.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Godzilla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla   Godzilla Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 10:18 pm

The later upgrades are so cool. Godzilla has the little victory dance from Godzilla vs Monster X, the flying move from Godzilla vs Hedora, and atomic breath that comes out in rings from Son of Godzilla (I think it was in that one).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Godzilla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla   Godzilla Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 5:43 pm

I've bought this i expect to kick your ass in the vs mode at some point
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Godzilla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla   Godzilla Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 3:29 pm

Wasn't this meant to be awful?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Godzilla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla   Godzilla Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 10:51 am

It was a tenner on zavvi and from what moose says it does what it says on the tin so seems like its worth at least that much.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Godzilla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla   Godzilla Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 8:23 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Wasn't this meant to be awful?
I think it was mostly people who wanted a newer version of the PS2 games who thought that. Those were straight beat 'em ups, whereas this is more of a movie simulator. Godzilla moves like a guy in a rubber suit, and the environmental destruction looks like cardboard and fireworks. I didn't like the PS2 games much.

However there are some obvious problems with the game, such as the unreasonable upgrade system I mentioned. I don't blame people for giving up on the game because it takes a long time to upgrade Godzilla. The score system is a bit unforgiving too, since the combo timer is very short. It's hard to build and keep a multiplier going for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Godzilla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla   Godzilla Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Godzilla
Page 1 of 1