Share | 

So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:37 pm

It'll give me something to do here. I'll start with the oldest and work through to the most recent. And I just watched the original.

1954: Godzilla

Spoiler:

Last edited by A_Nonny_Moose on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:37 pm

Oh, and it's a good film.

Batty
I want more life, fucker.

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:35 pm

EEERRRRWWWHHHHHHEEERRRR
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:55 pm

All in good time. It'll be interesting to see how he goes from giant hated monster to Earth's saviour from various bizarre creatures.

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:48 pm

EEERRRRWWWHHHHHHEEERRRR
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:17 pm

Oh, and Godzilla always makes loud booming footsteps. Even in the water, you can tell he's coming because of his footsteps.

A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:26 pm

1955: Godzilla Raids Again

Spoiler:

Last edited by A_Nonny_Moose on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Batty

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:39 pm

MOAR.

Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:42 am

Despite getting off to a shitty start, Anguirus is one of my favourite kaiju of the Godzilla franchise.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:49 am

The main fight was good. Well, funny. It's just the rest of the film was really boring.

Kimarous
CP9 Agent

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:52 am

Yeah. Nothing quite as bad as one half-decent fight being the sole highlight of an otherwise boring film.

Wait, I take that back! Nothing worse than having THIS as the highlight of your film!

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:57 am

Ah, Son of Godzilla. I'll get to that eventually. There's 6 other movies before that though.

Maskull
Defending the Devil

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:04 am

wasnt it called gadzookie or something in the cartoon?
Back to top Go down
justicepie
Should of learned English

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:32 am

The shell thing looks like a real life Bowser
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 pm

1956: Godzilla, King of Monsters!

Alright, so I haven't finished watching this yet, but honestly I don't think that matters. It's basically the first film again. Well, it's almost literally the first film again. Almost all the footage is straight from the first film.

I can only assume this was a lazy American remake, since it's just the first film again but told from the perspective of an American reporter who was there at the time, and was at all the major scenes and meetings, and knew the major characters, despite never being in the original. Although the audience at the time wouldn't know that, but it's annoying as fuck now.

So he spends his time wandering around with a translator, standing in front of sets made to look like the original sets, while clips from the original film play and the translator sums up what everyone is saying. He even talks to a few of the characters from the first film, which involves a double standing with their back to the camera while the reporter talks, and then cutting to a shot from the first film of that character talking.

It's just pointless and boring.

A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:46 pm

And the VA they got to dub the zoologists voice can't say phenomenon. He says phenonemon.

Batty

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:00 am

Oh man, those are the best one. The poorly executed timing when they dub the voice brings back memories.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:56 am

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:08 pm

That was the only one was in English so far. Most of them are subbed. And I didn't watch all of it.

A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:58 am

1962: Godzilla vs. King Kong

Spoiler:

Last edited by A_Nonny_Moose on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:34 am

Goddamn, They had some shit plot ideas back then. Almost as bad as now-a-days. XD
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:58 am

Well from here on it's a marathon of Godzilla vs. whatever. Mothra's next.

A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:19 pm

1964: Godzilla vs Mothra

Well, this was a really weird film, and pretty shit, film. Worst one so far. It starts off with a massive egg being washed ashore somewhere in Japan during a storm. Some company buys the egg from the village where it washed up and plans to make money out of it. Because that's what evil companies do and so forth.

But then two little women show up asking for the egg back. And I mean little. Like, Barbie sized. They're from Mothra Island, where the egg came from, but it got washed away in the storm. It's Mothra's egg and they want it back. Apparently Mothra Island was used for nuclear tests after the war, which resulted in a gigantic ass moth and miniature people for some reason. The company doesn't give the egg back, the little women go off sad.

Then, Godzilla appears! Yes, surprisingly enough, after falling into the ocean at the end of the last film, he wasn't dead. Imagine that. Although somehow he became buried under an industrial site in between the two films, because he comes up from underground in this one. And he's also become a bumbling retard. Instead of breaking shit for the hell of it, he just walks around falling over. His tails gets stuck in a pylon and he stumbles into a building. He slips on a raised pathway and falls onto another building. The army shoot rockets at the ground near his feet (for some reason), and he falls over again. Woohoo.

So some people go to Mothra Island to get Mothra to help them against Godzilla. When they get there they are greeted by some guys covered in red body paint wearing Christmas cracker hats. I dunno why. But wait, they're normal size. So only those two women are small. I don;t even care why. So Mothra goes and has a really shit fight with Godzilla and then dies. But then the egg hatches and two larva come out, and they fight Godzilla. Which is just stupid. They cover him in some web stuff or something, and tangled up in that, Godzilla FALLS INTO THE SEA. AGAIN. AND EVERYONE THINKS THAT'S FINE. AGAIN.

DO THEY NOT UNDERSTAND THAT HE LIVES IN THE FUCKING SEA? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE? And then the larva swim off the Mothra Island, the end. Shit film. Not eve anything worth giffing.

Kaede
Piss scared of wasps

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:17 pm

Sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:33 pm

They look like they'll start being fun soon. The human characters are getting less important.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies   

Back to top Go down

So I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movies
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Movies-
Jump to: