Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true

Go down 
+6
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
Baal
????
Neo
Superbuu3
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Empty
PostSubject: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 3:38 pm

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/feb/19/capcom-dlc-accounts-15-16-packaged-game-sales-currently-performing-above-expectations/

Seriously I can read the game market like a book.

Also EW you should be happy the Remember Me company apparently went bankrupt.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 1:08 am

Did anyone ever doubt that DLC would make a shitload of money? Most people who play games seem to not care about publishers operating ethically so of course they'll buy everything Capcom or whoever else dishes out.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 3:56 am

Remember me? I heard ok things about it. An unusual product. Sucks for the company though.

I agree 100 percent Neo.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 4:28 am

I have heard nothing but terrible things about Remember Me and have seen a friend play through the whole game and it looks like hot ass so thankfully the company ill never make another game.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 6:00 am

Remember Me is literally the best home console release Capcom has been involved with recently.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 6:28 am

That's a load of shit and you know it.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 7:18 am

Is it that bad? Last Capcom game I enjoyed (before I put myself on "never buy a capcom game" mode) was Dragon's Dogma.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 7:42 am

It's a really crappy beat 'em up with almost no actual depth to the gameplay, boss fights amount to fighting a million enemies while you fight the boss, and the memory manipulation mechanic is somewhat neat, but it's only used about 4 times and gets tiring after about the second time. The story is also complete nonsensical gibberish and a metaphor for social networking.

It was made by one of those garbage western devs that Capcom has been bringing into their company since that fucker Inafune convinced them to do that and hopefully it and Lost Planet 3 not only selling like hot ass, but being received poorly by critics will finally stop them and get them back to making their own video games that aren't fighters..
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:13 am

Wow, that was a damn good explanation. I'm guessing you have a disliking of Capcom right now also?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 10:37 am

Remember Me had fantastic art and sound direction, it's a shame the gameplay was below average. I really hope the people involved get new jobs in games because they could definitely make something great if there was someone else making sure the game was actually fun.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 1:56 pm

Neo wrote:
Did anyone ever doubt that DLC would make a shitload of money? Most people who play games seem to not care about publishers operating ethically so of course they'll buy everything Capcom or whoever else dishes out.
No I've mentioned to you what my prediction was previously though.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 2:50 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Wow, that was a damn good explanation. I'm guessing you have a disliking of Capcom right now also?

Not at all. After reading a million things about their company structure, bad management, and how unfortunate some things ended up being I cannot be mad at Capcom. I feel more sorry for them than anything else. They are a victim of Japanese companies obsession with making CoD numbers to the point they outsource to western devs hoping it will happen. The Japanese game industry is also changing to support mobile gaming and so of course they change to try and fit that too. Their games are suffering in sales right now because of this, even the popular Sengoku Basara series was not immune to this as SB4 underperformed because most Japanese don't even play on consoles anymore.

Capcom has made some stupid decisions, but I'm not going to hold it against them because they're a company that's proven they can still make good games on their own and I'm hoping they can turn this around and go back to being the Capcom that was so fantastic in the mid 2000s.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 3:20 pm

I don't particularly like or dislike Capcom, Ace Attorney 5 was great and I'm sure they've released other non-Street Fighter games recently that haven't been shit but it seems stupid to list all of those faults and then excuse the people who are to blame for them.

In the past few months I've bought Bravely Default and FFXIII-3 but I still think SE management are cunts for acting like Tomb Raider selling a few million instead of trillion copies was some huge blunder on the developers part when they've refused to acknowledge how much money their Japanese studios have lost on trainwrecks like FFXIV.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 3:24 pm

Everyone is a dick its just a matter of how much.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 3:29 pm

Neo wrote:
I don't particularly like or dislike Capcom, Ace Attorney 5 was great and I'm sure they've released other non-Street Fighter games recently that haven't been shit but it seems stupid to list all of those faults and then excuse the people who are to blame for them.

I'm not excusing them, at the end of the day it's their fault for making these stupid decisions, but I'm not mad about it at all since I know the reason for why they're doing and just how stupid the Japanese game industry is with handling their properties. At this point I'm more apathetic than anything when I hear a ridiculously stupid thing coming out of it. Like, I'm not going to excuse Capcom for letting DmC happen, everything surrounding the creation, development, and finally release of that game was fucking idiotic and I was happy to see it flop to shit.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 4:07 pm

Anyway my predicition was that stupid people telling stupid people to boycott capcom games would increase the proportion of people buying DLC on Capcom games making them think it was a good idea and hence they would do it more.

They literally say this in tthe second line of the article. Its pretty hilarious how many gamers fancy themselves business analysists and didn't realise how inevitably flawed their plan was.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 4:38 pm

To be fair Michael Pachter has set the bar for business analysis in gaming extraordinarily low so you can't blame people for giving it a crack.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Unfortunately most gamers do not know anything about game development or company business beyond "Me want thing, me give you money for thing. How dare you not give Grodd thing despite Grodd being only one who want thing."
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Baal wrote:
Unfortunately most gamers do not know anything about game development or company business beyond "Me want thing, me give you money for thing. How dare you not give Grodd thing despite Grodd being only one who want thing."

"For the first installment of this low-budget fighting game, I want 350 characters, at least 150 alternate costumes and I want a story mode with fully animated cutscenes spanning 200 fights."
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Also every Megaman fan ever.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 6:53 pm

Remember Me wasn't a Capcom project that they farmed out to a western dev. It was just a game they happened to publish. The developers approached other publishers as well. It's a shame they went under. If Ninja Theory can get 3 shots at the big time then Dontnod at least deserved a second.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Baal wrote:
Capcom probably felt like twats after those fans gave Inafune's company several million dollars to make another megaman game though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 7:22 pm

I think Baal is being way too harsh on Remember Me. I didn't think it was a good game, I did like certain aspects of the game though and it was one of the more intersting new IPs. I certainly think a sequel could've been a lot better mind if that sequel was crap then they had their chance.

I heard the bankruptcy might have been exaggerated because French law is different to ours.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 8:27 pm

Neo wrote:
Baal wrote:
Capcom probably felt like twats after those fans gave Inafune's company several million dollars to make another megaman game though.

Where were those fans when the series was selling like hot ass in the 2000s? This is about as funny as the Skullgirls indiegogo getting Lab Zero more money than the actual game.

Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 1:46 am

i can't tell if hot ass is meant to be a bad term
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true   My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My prediction about Capcom boycotting came true
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next