Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I bought the HD collection today

Go down 
+2
Rockstar_Sinistar
Casa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

I bought the HD collection today Empty
PostSubject: I bought the HD collection today   I bought the HD collection today Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:54 pm

All you fuckers with your playthrough topics finally motivated me to go out and buy it. I have played MGS2 and MGS3 before, but I've never played Peace Walker. I don't know where to start. On one hand, new game that (from what I've heard) is the amazing. On the other hand, the best game ever and the other best game ever.

I am looking forward to playing Peace Walker, but I feel like I need a refresher for the series. And also, I still have school for the next two weeks so getting absorbed into a new game might be a bad idea.

MGS3 it is. I may or may make this a playthrough topic.

Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: I bought the HD collection today   I bought the HD collection today Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:57 am

MGS3 was just as awesome as ever. Went for a no-kill/no-alert/shoot all kerotans run on Hard (since Extreme wasn't available). Finished it in just under six hours, plus countless restarts. God I hate the lack of a quick load system. It's one of my biggest issues with the MGS series.

I am kind of annoyed Snake vs. Monkey and Duel mode weren't included in the HD collection. Duel mode especially, since I used to play it all the time and hone my boss strategies. I used to be able crush the Boss effortlessly with CQC, but I was a bit too rusty today and had to resort to using the MK.22 a bunch. Oh well, I still finished her off with a PPK. If you aren't fighting the Boss hand-to-hand then you don't deserve to complete the game, you should just stand there and let the MIGs kill you.

I'll finish up the trophies and then try PW on for size.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: I bought the HD collection today   I bought the HD collection today Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:44 am

You should also play the MSX games, too. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is especially awesome.

Also, Be aware that PW plays on a "level-to-level" style rather than having you trek through one triathlon of a level that comprises the entire game. Even boss fights are their own levels.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought the HD collection today   I bought the HD collection today Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:59 am

Its a really fun game, but don't get your hopes up that it has MGS 3 gameplay as though it does have a camo system. I just run around in a tuxedo or whatever as it don't make much of a difference.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Rosalyn_86
First Mate
Rosalyn_86

PostSubject: Re: I bought the HD collection today   I bought the HD collection today Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:32 pm

Did you try Peace Walker yet? Such a damn good game. Playing through the story with the right friend (when it lets you) is so much fun.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I bought the HD collection today   I bought the HD collection today Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:46 pm

it's a shame it's broken into pieces though
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought the HD collection today   I bought the HD collection today Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:19 pm

Rosalyn_86 wrote:
Did you try Peace Walker yet? Such a damn good game. Playing through the story with the right friend (when it lets you) is so much fun.
Yeah its a good game I still need to finish up a bunch of the EX missions.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: I bought the HD collection today   I bought the HD collection today Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:10 am

I am just finishing up the MGS2 trophies (mostly the VR missions) before starting Peace Walker. I should get to it by the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Rosalyn_86
First Mate
Rosalyn_86

PostSubject: Re: I bought the HD collection today   I bought the HD collection today Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:40 pm

Cool, hope you enjoy it. The VR missions can be a tad annoying, so good luck.

If you need a hand with any of those let me know, I'll try and remember how to play the game after all these months away from it. It's a real bummer that Peace Walker HD didn't make it onto the Vita. It would have been fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought the HD collection today   I bought the HD collection today Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Rosalyn_86 wrote:

If you need a hand with any of those let me know, I'll try and remember how to play the game after all these months away from it. It's a real bummer that Peace Walker HD didn't make it onto the Vita. It would have been fantastic.
I'll probably take you up on that offer when i get around to playing it again, got a huge backlog due to PSN+ (though i shouldn't complain). I guess they didn't bother with Peacewalker as the PSP version already works on the Vita.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: I bought the HD collection today   I bought the HD collection today Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:21 pm

fuck mgs1 Snake
Back to top Go down
Rosalyn_86
First Mate
Rosalyn_86

PostSubject: Re: I bought the HD collection today   I bought the HD collection today Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 11:39 pm

Nice, need an excuse to play that game again & the co-op is real fun.
Heehee, PS+ is almost too good this year for that reason.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: I bought the HD collection today   I bought the HD collection today Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 9:47 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Rosalyn_86 wrote:

I'll probably take you up on that offer when i get around to playing it again, got a huge backlog due to PSN+ (though i shouldn't complain). I guess they didn't bother with Peacewalker as the PSP version already works on the Vita.

Things is, it didn't when the collection came out.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought the HD collection today   I bought the HD collection today Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 3:10 pm

Kaede wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Rosalyn_86 wrote:

Things is, it didn't when the collection came out.
Konami would have had inside knowledge and hence didn't think the production costs were worth it.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: I bought the HD collection today   I bought the HD collection today Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:27 am

Peace Walker is a very, very good game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I bought the HD collection today   I bought the HD collection today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I bought the HD collection today
Page 1 of 1