Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Games and arms manufacturers. Some actual videogame journalism

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Games and arms manufacturers. Some actual videogame journalism Empty
PostSubject: Games and arms manufacturers. Some actual videogame journalism   Games and arms manufacturers. Some actual videogame journalism Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 8:30 am

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-01-shooters-how-video-games-fund-arms-manufacturers

Pretty interesting article. I never really though about the licensing side of it before, but it makes sense. Car manufacturers work with developers and publishers to get their cars in racing games, sports teams and brands license their stuff for sports games. Gun companies do the same. Except the game makers aren't so keen to talk about it.

This could actually make me more carefully consider what I buy and just where the money is going.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Games and arms manufacturers. Some actual videogame journalism   Games and arms manufacturers. Some actual videogame journalism Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:09 pm

You should already be boycotting military FPS games on the grounds that they're all shit.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Games and arms manufacturers. Some actual videogame journalism   Games and arms manufacturers. Some actual videogame journalism Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Eh, I've somewhat enjoyed what little of CoD I've played, I've just never bought any (for myself anyway).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games and arms manufacturers. Some actual videogame journalism   Games and arms manufacturers. Some actual videogame journalism Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games and arms manufacturers. Some actual videogame journalism
Page 1 of 1