Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Far Cry 3 is actually not shit

Go down 
+5
brandon
Eevil-Psycho
A_Nonny_Moose
Skip
Neo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:37 pm

plus your nonny, so it must think you're easier prey
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:39 pm

The goat didn't have a shotgun.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:42 pm

then that goat obviously had mind control powers that it was using on the leopard. kill the goat next time and show the leopard who's boss
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Na, show the leopard who's boss, if you bite him the food chain will change and he'll know not to mess with you.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 11:06 pm

It was a tiger. Only seen one leopard so far and it attacked me before I even knew it was there.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 12:15 am

There are loads of hidden animals in the game, it's pretty cool. I saw thylacines a few times and apparently there are dinosaurs, I assume raptors or similar.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Found Liza now. The music during the car chase was awful. Since I'm gathering all my rescued friends in one spot I'm guessing that as soon as I save them all they're all going to get taken again and there will be one final mission to save them all at once.

Cleared a good chunk of the island so far. Done all the outposts within the visible zones, I can carry 4 weapons now and I have all the skill upgrades that are available at the moment.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:43 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Cleared a good chunk of the island so far.

No, you haven't.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:54 pm

I have. It's probably 40% of the north island.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:58 pm

Without wanting to spoil things, I'm assuming from your spcifying "north island" you know there's more than one island, right? The second island is fractionally smaller, but you've still only covered perhaps 20-25% of the total map.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 10:01 pm

I did say I'd cleared a good chunk of the island, not the map. And it's hardly spoilers, the maps in the shops give away that there's another island.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 pm

I didn't realise there was a second island. i thought I was making storming progress until... well, until I realised I was only half way through.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:15 pm

I've done all the radio towers on the first island and there's only a couple outposts left to do. Just torched the marijuana fields.

Decided to check the stats screen and I noticed there's these things called "Story Quests", and apparently I haven't done any of them yet. Which is confusing. I've crafted most of the equipment now too. Only stuff left is the ones that require materials from hunting quests.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:31 am

The story quests are the exclamation marks on the map, it took me until a bit after where you're at before I started doing them.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 1:19 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I've done all the radio towers on the first island and there's only a couple outposts left to do. Just torched the marijuana fields.

Decided to check the stats screen and I noticed there's these things called "Story Quests", and apparently I haven't done any of them yet. Which is confusing. I've crafted most of the equipment now too. Only stuff left is the ones that require materials from hunting quests.

The whole island must've turned into a party zone.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 2:23 pm

You would have thought so. There's already been two drugged up missions full of hallucinations, I was expecting a third. But nothing happened. Just some reggae dubstep song looped over and over.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Skip wrote:
The story quests are the exclamation marks on the map, it took me until a bit after where you're at before I started doing them.
Oh, they're the blue ones. I haven't been doing the blue missions, except a few hunter ones.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:14 pm

The knife assassination missions were my favourite.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Done some of them now, they are quite fun. Did one of them with the knife throw takedown, but I didn't even know he was there. I hadn't marked him yet but I killed someone and the knife throw prompt appeared and it just happened to be the commander.

I aced the one on the farm though. There was about 6 guys around a barn, and the commander was in the barn looking out with a sniper rifle, and he had a heavy protecting him. So I snuck around to the other side, across the river, quickly sprinted around the barn so the heavy would hear me and come down the side staircase, while I went up the back staircase and killed the commander. Then all the pirates rushed up the stairs and I just set fire to them all.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:44 pm

A commander in a barn is a farmer Moose. I'd hate to think what you get up to in the countryside on your weekend camping trips. Accusing every farmer you see of being local rebel insurgents.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:47 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Done some of them now, they are quite fun. Did one of them with the knife throw takedown, but I didn't even know he was there. I hadn't marked him yet but I killed someone and the knife throw prompt appeared and it just happened to be the commander.

I aced the one on the farm though. There was about 6 guys around a barn, and the commander was in the barn looking out with a sniper rifle, and he had a heavy protecting him. So I snuck around to the other side, across the river, quickly sprinted around the barn so the heavy would hear me and come down the side staircase, while I went up the back staircase and killed the commander. Then all the pirates rushed up the stairs and I just set fire to them all.
This is one of the reasons I really enjoyed Far Cry 3, you can be inventive in the way you tackle things. If the game gets dull it's because you're not experimenting really.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:53 pm

I haven't been using the explosives enough I think.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:00 pm

I didn't realise clearing all the outposts would completely remove the pirates from the island. It's quite boring now.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:42 pm

Well, rescued Keith from Buck, which is supposedly all the living friends safe and ready to go, but Jason just wants to kill all the pirates now.

I suspect Riley is alive though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:38 pm

It's a cool moment when you realise that when you stand still so does time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 is actually not shit   Far Cry 3 is actually not shit - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Far Cry 3 is actually not shit
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next