Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gabe Newell taking over schools with video games

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Gabe Newell taking over schools with video games Empty
PostSubject: Gabe Newell taking over schools with video games   Gabe Newell taking over schools with video games Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:56 am

Quote :
Valve recently began collaborating with educators to develop game-related teaching tools that revolve around STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education. We’ve created Teach With Portals as a destination for this partnership, providing free content and game design tools, as well as an interactive community for exchanging lessons and experiences.

Welcome to the new, free educational collection of puzzles and teacher-created content from Valve’s best-selling game, Portal 2, an engaging 3D puzzle-solving game. Based on Valve’s technology, the Portal 2 Puzzle Maker takes place in an environment with realistic physics – a playground rich with opportunities for educational fun.

We understand that learning is not fulfilled by a one-size-fits-all approach, so we’re engaging with a community of educators, parents and students to create infinite possibilities for learning. The educational version of our Puzzle Maker empowers students and educators to craft unique puzzles, explore worlds, and share custom lesson plans. Teachers can also simply leverage other contributor’s shared lessons, selecting among the best of them to suit their learners’ needs.
http://www.teachwithportals.com/

I think we can all agree this was worth the weight, although I can't shake the feeling I was born 15 years too early.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell taking over schools with video games   Gabe Newell taking over schools with video games Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
Quote :
Valve recently began collaborating with educators to develop game-related teaching tools that revolve around STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education. We’ve created Teach With Portals as a destination for this partnership, providing free content and game design tools, as well as an interactive community for exchanging lessons and experiences.

Welcome to the new, free educational collection of puzzles and teacher-created content from Valve’s best-selling game, Portal 2, an engaging 3D puzzle-solving game. Based on Valve’s technology, the Portal 2 Puzzle Maker takes place in an environment with realistic physics – a playground rich with opportunities for educational fun.

We understand that learning is not fulfilled by a one-size-fits-all approach, so we’re engaging with a community of educators, parents and students to create infinite possibilities for learning. The educational version of our Puzzle Maker empowers students and educators to craft unique puzzles, explore worlds, and share custom lesson plans. Teachers can also simply leverage other contributor’s shared lessons, selecting among the best of them to suit their learners’ needs.

I think we can all agree this was worth the weight, although I can't shake the feeling I was born 15 years too early.

He's a little too fat for anything to be worth that amount of lard.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell taking over schools with video games   Gabe Newell taking over schools with video games Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Kaede wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
Quote :

He's a little too fat for anything to be worth that amount of lard.

Thanks a lot.
Now Episode 3 just got pushed back a little.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell taking over schools with video games   Gabe Newell taking over schools with video games Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Old School wrote:
Thanks a lot.
Now Episode 3 just got pushed even further into never being made.

fix'd
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell taking over schools with video games   Gabe Newell taking over schools with video games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gabe Newell taking over schools with video games
Page 1 of 1