Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Last Of Us

Go down 
+10
Talking Sock
Baal
Dr. Chocolate
Old School
Skip
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
Eevil-Psycho
Ellis
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
brandon
Basement Butterfly

The Last Of Us - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:31 am

how linear is this game?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:55 am

Slightly less linear than Uncharted. It's pretty much Point A to B to C and so on, but a good deal of areas are large and you can explore them for collectables.  

When you run into enemies, you can also get by them in different ways. You have to kill a few groups, but for the majority of the time you can choose to just stealth your way through or fight. One time I even chose to run like hell across a bunch of backyards filled with infected enemies without a care in the world and managed to progress. It was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 11:55 am

man, I need to catch up, I'm still at Bill's place.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:09 pm

i just got to the capitol? building, (the one with the gold roof) this morning.. i think im way behind you 2. btw have either of you unlocked any trophies yet? i havn't got 1 yet
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:16 pm

nope, haven't got one yet either.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:27 pm

am i far off from where you are psycho?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:51 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
i just got to the capitol? building, (the one with the gold roof) this morning.. i think im way behind you 2. btw have either of you unlocked any trophies yet? i havn't got 1 yet

I've got the crafting one and the Ellie jokes one. Most of the others won't be gotten till you're actually near the end or finished it. Plus the multiple playthrough ones.

Anyway. Big fat spoilers vvvv

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 3:09 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
am i far off from where you are psycho?

not really. after that building you should be making your way to Bill. and then there's an entire segment you need to play alongside Bill till you get where I am.

EDIT:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:10 pm

this is probably the game i get after dw8 now
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Dat ending.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Does that confirm Joel as a pedophile?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:11 pm

Nah, that was Nolan North's character.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:18 pm

alright, just finished it... ending left a bit to be desired, but I still enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Yeah, s'okay. I might do the new game plus and survivor plus playthroughs some time, but right now I'm enjoying the MP somewhat. Most of the time I'm meh, but there cool moments like when I got lucky and took out three of the four opposing players by myself. Good fun.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:02 pm

sora can we do MP together or is it a random thing?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:04 pm

btw im not on MP yet, im near to where the last ellie joke is so probably got a long way to go
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 6:02 pm

You are able to invite people from your friend list. However, I'm unavailable now, but later we can play some of the MP. Just add my PSN for now: Captain_Sora
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:16 pm

sound will do, as i said i havnt finished the SP yet but really liking it so far
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 5:08 am

So on a scale to 1-10 how good is this game? Game critics seem to love it but you can't trust game critics. I've managed to avoid pretty much all the hype for this game through apathy and figure I might check it out. 

Any info about the gameplay and stuff would be appreciated. I imagine it's like Uncharted except more survival based than shooter.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 5:59 am

Casa wrote:
I imagine it's like Uncharted except more survival based than shooter.

It's basically that, only slightly less linear and you have the ability to craft supplies since there's a limited stock of things like healing items, grenades, etc. Also, since you're not forced to take out every single enemy in every encounter throughout most of the game, the single player flows a bit better. You won't be dealing with a crapload of elongated shootouts like in the Uncharted series.

I'd give it an 8/10. One point off for the enemies not being able to detect the friendly AI which ruins the immersion a bit, even though you understand why they had to do it, and another for some slight clunkiness at times(especially during an early segment of the Winter section where things get a little too harsh and you're stuck in tight spaces dealing with groups of enemies coming at you).
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:18 am

it's a lot like Uncharted, but you have to be stealthy in this one, or you're pretty much done for. In Uncharted, you can be stealthy too, but if you get noticed you can still win a firefight. if you get noticed in this one... you're pretty much done for 90% of the time.

I think Sora covered the rest.

I'd give it a 9 I think. the only real gripe I had with it were some of the puzzles. sometimes you need to find a particular item to get going, and it would take ages to find it, because the button to interact with that item can be so small sometimes, it was hard for me to see it, and sometimes it didn't even show up which might be a bug I guess... and then you were stuck looking around for 10 minutes until the game finally gave you a hint.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:35 am

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
the only real gripe I had with it were some of the puzzles. sometimes you need to find a particular item to get going, and it would take ages to find it, because the button to interact with that item can be so small sometimes, it was hard for me to see it, and sometimes it didn't even show up which might be a bug I guess... and then you were stuck looking around for 10 minutes until the game finally gave you a hint.

I fortunately didn't have that issue much except for one part. During that certain room filled with certain enemies I mentioned a while back(you know the one), remember how at the end of it you need to reach that wall and give your ally a boost to bring down that ladder? The game never really gives a close up or directs you to it, and the button prompt only pops up after the enemy nearby gets stealth killed or you distract it with a brick or something to move it away, and even then you have to actually move the camera up to face the ceiling afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
it's a lot like Uncharted, but you have to be stealthy in this one, or you're pretty much done for. In Uncharted, you can be stealthy too, but if you get noticed you can still win a firefight. if you get noticed in this one... you're pretty much done for 90% of the time.

I think Sora covered the rest.

I'd give it a 9 I think. the only real gripe I had with it were some of the puzzles. sometimes you need to find a particular item to get going, and it would take ages to find it, because the button to interact with that item can be so small sometimes, it was hard for me to see it, and sometimes it didn't even show up which might be a bug I guess... and then you were stuck looking around for 10 minutes until the game finally gave you a hint.
I've barely started the game (I've only just met Ellie), but I don't see a problem when games don't spoonfeed you the answer to a puzzle. Don't you think it sort of defeats the purpose if there's a locked door and a quick rotation of the camera reveals a key across the room shining like a second sun?
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:00 pm

One thing I liked about Uncharted 3 is that if you struggled with a puzzle the characters you were with would gradually work it out for themselves and they would kind of think out loud and talk to each other. It felt really natural and worked great.

Anyway, I think I'm going to hold off on buying this, at least until the price drops a bit.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:20 pm

Skip wrote:

I've barely started the game (I've only just met Ellie), but I don't see a problem when games don't spoonfeed you the answer to a puzzle. Don't you think it sort of defeats the purpose if there's a locked door and a quick rotation of the camera reveals a key across the room shining like a second sun?

that's not the issue really, the issue is that when i find the thing I need, I'd just have liked a bit more confirmation that that's the thing I need. it doesn't need to be blinking across the map (or not even blinking like how the supplies kind of blink) but some more noticeable feedback when you're right next to it would've been a bit better. cause the triangle prompt you get for an action is really small for me sometimes. I have a 46 inch tv, and I sit barely 3 meters away from it, and it was really hard to see quite some times. and sometimes I needed to look at it from a specific angle, or the prompt wouldn't appear either..

and that was just a bit frustrating, cause I've walked passed and tried to grab the thing I needed multiple times and tried to use it, but it didn't work cause the prompt didn't show or was hardly or not noticeable against the background making me believe I can't use the thing.

EDIT:

there's also one time I had to get over a fence, and I needed a cart or dumpster to get over it... turned out Ellie was standing right beside it on a horse the whole time, which blocked me from seeing that that was the dumpster I needed..cause the prompt button was behind her. but I guess that was just unlucky coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Action Adventure-
Jump to: