Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Assassin's Creed III

Go down 
+9
Ellis
Neo
Zero
Superbuu3
Eevil-Psycho
Skip
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaio
Old School
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:24 pm

This game completes itself, any big bads who die you don't do.  This is stupid.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:38 pm

Not sure what to make of the ending. I guess it was ok, the desmond sections were the only interesting part of the game besides Haytham.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:38 pm

Now you know why I'll never buy another AC game.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:43 pm

Not even PIRATES(!), Neo?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:09 am

Skipio wrote:
What I find more socking is you'd consider AC4, but you are questioning buying a game about being bros, with your bros, with classy intelligent characters with pizza.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:30 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Skipio wrote:
What I find more socking is you'd consider AC4, but you are questioning buying a game about being bros, with your bros, with classy intelligent characters with pizza.
I personally think anything containing pirates should be considered. Are you against pirates, Buu? Pirates are basically the original crew of bros.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:36 am

Not even pirates can make up for how terrible AC3 was. The only thing that could get me interested in the series again would be either a Haytham game or a modern one, which will probably never happen now because it already exists in Watch Dogs.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:24 am

Skipio wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Skipio wrote:
I personally think anything containing pirates should be considered. Are you against pirates, Buu? Pirates are basically the original crew of bros.
Pirates mutinied.  Bros don't mutiny.

Bros play TMNT.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:37 am

Pirates only mutinied when their captain stopped being a bro.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:33 pm

You know what the boat bits remind me of? Sly 3. It had exactly the same thing.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:39 pm

I can't be bothered to play this anymore. It has the worst everything. Why it needed a six hour tutorial is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:45 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I can't be bothered to play this anymore. It has the worst everything. Why it needed a six hour tutorial is beyond me.
Just watch a vidwo of the ending, there's nothing worthwhile duringg the story.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Neo wrote:
Now you know why I'll never buy another AC game.
Pretty much same for me. AC3 singlehandedly killed my interest in the AC series, even though before its release I considered it to be my favorite game series. It was just such a glitchy mess and the story was so half-assed and bad that I just can't imagine ever buying another game unless they drastically change the direction the series is going in.

I loved when the Black Flag presentation totally shat the bed at E3 when the demo crashed. It completely justified my skepticism and confirmed that they hadn't learned anything from AC3.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:44 pm

If this game is literally killing it for you guys maybe it's a good thing I haven't played it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 12:03 pm

It definitely is that bad, but curiousity will get the better of you just like it got me. I mean no matter how much people tell you its crap, you really won't be able to imagine how bad it is. Multiplayer was still fun though.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 12:20 pm

I remember when Ubi promised AC3 would be the climax of the series.

I guess they just meant it would be the final game for most fans.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Kaio wrote:
I remember when Ubi promised AC3 would be the climax of the series.

I guess they just meant it would be the final game for most fans.
It kinda was the game jizzed all over itself by sequence 3.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 4:55 pm

Is it really that awful? AC2 was awesome, and this is free on PL plus. I'm tempted, but perhaps need to be swayed back to the side of reason.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 5:29 pm

It's the only AC game where I find myself just rushing to the next mission. Boston is the only city in the game, and it's dull. Just normal houses everywhere, and a few small churches. It's boring to traverse, there's no big landmarks, it all looks the same. The other areas are both forests, and those are even more boring because there's no one around. Dropping out of a tree to assassinate a raccoon is entertaining once, but after that there's nothing to do.

It definitely suffers from being over-animated too. The walk cycle for Desmond/Connor/Haytham annoys me way more than a walk cycle should. Real people don't have that much nuance. It ruins the rhythm of the combat as well, because you're never quite sure what Connor will do. He might do a little kick, he might do a complicated twirl. It feels off.

It's not worth the week it would take you to download it.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 8:40 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Is it really that awful?  AC2 was awesome, and this is free on PL plus.  I'm tempted, but perhaps need to be swayed back to the side of reason.
You might as well give it a go if you can get it for free. Just don't go in with high expectations for story or characters or gameplay and be prepared for a lot of niggling little glitches and design flaws to eat away at you as you play.

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:33 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It's not worth the week it would take you to download it.
This is said in jest, I know, but at over 11gb, you're not too far off.  It's taken a solid (though non consecutive) 23 hours, give-or-take, to download 7425mb of ZOE's 8217mb.  At that speed, trying something with an extra 4gb would take a week.  Unless I just left the PS3 on for like forty hours non-stop.  Which I won't do as it's an old, fat model and the fan sounds like an airplane taking off it's so bloody loud.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Oh, and you know how every AC game has people that run up to you and beg for money? And how in every AC game you could stab them in the face for being so pointlessly annoying? Well not anymore! AC3 has orphans, and you can't harm them or scare them away at all.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 12:51 pm

Can you even stab civilians in this? I couldn't ever seem to do that. I found out you can kill civilians with the rope dart. You get that old warning message about desncing again.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 1:48 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Oh, and you know how every AC game has people that run up to you and beg for money? And how in every AC game you could stab them in the face for being so pointlessly annoying? Well not anymore! AC3 has orphans, and you can't harm them or scare them away at all.
At the risk of insulting a minority, that's retarded. What's the point in having sandbox environments if you can't interact your arsenal of pointy things with pink squishy things?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:06 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
At the risk of insulting a minority, that's retarded.
Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Single-tear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed III   Assassin's Creed III - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assassin's Creed III
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next