Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I think GAME is pretty much dead

Go down 
+3
SimianWonder
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:05 pm

My local store closed today.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:16 pm

I wouldn't stress about your gift card at this point, it's extremely likely that Gamestop or similar will buy out GAME and they should honor all pre-orders and vouchers.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 12:16 am

I think he meant his reward card, not a gift card.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:10 am

Is that a loyalty card or something? I haven't been into a brick & mortar game store in a couple of years so I'm a bit out of touch with this stuff. You'd think that whoever ends up owning the brand would have to honor those too though, right? It would be pretty bad press if they didn't.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:13 am

You really are out of touch, buildings aren't made out of brick and mortar anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:19 am

In Australia you're only allowed to build things using the bones of animals you killed, I was just trying to bridge the culture gap.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:02 am

i live in a grass shack. hawaii RuLeZ
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:41 am

I used up all points last week anyway. Got the Arcana Hearts 3 CE for £7. Only vaguely interested in the game, but I'd pay £7 just about for any Collecter's Edition.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:43 am

do you like the little anime girls?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:51 am

Depends what they're doing.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:04 am

beating each other up
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:45 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Royal bank of scotland are interested in buying GAME? wtf?
This is going to happen tomorrow, according to rumour. Which is a real dick-move because the RBS is the one who imposed the strict deadlines which sent GAME into administration, and they blocked a buyout bid before administration.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:59 pm

The reward cards have been reactivated. You can earn points on all purchases but only redeem the points on pre-owned purchases.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-29-game-administrators-reactivate-reward-cards
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Thats fucking hilarious the bastards must have planned to do that.

shopto.net will give you 3 pounds for your game reward card i think. Dunno if they'll stop that now though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:07 pm

They took that offer down pretty fast because people complained it was in poor taste.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:08 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
They took that offer down pretty fast because people complained it was in poor taste.
People are stupid.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:44 pm

OpCapita bought GAME for £1. The deal being they also have to pay off GAME's £85 million debt. Both of my nearest stores closed down, and OpCapita don't appear to want to rebrand the business, so I hope they open again.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-01-confirmed-game-saved
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Reward cards are fully active again by the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think GAME is pretty much dead
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2