Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I think GAME is pretty much dead

Go down 
+3
SimianWonder
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

I think GAME is pretty much dead Empty
PostSubject: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:03 pm

First they weren't able to stock the Ubisoft Vita launch titles, then they dropped The Last Story and Tekken 3DS, and now they're not stocking Mass Effect 3. Mass Effect 3. One of the biggest games of the year and GAME can't stock it. Not only that, but after SSX they won't be stocking any EA games at all.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-29-game-not-stocking-mass-effect-3-or-ea-games-past-ssx

They're screwed.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:26 pm

They do sales on used games... that says it all.

I'm gonna use up all my reward card points next time i head to bluewater.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:16 pm

Game and Gamestation were the only place selling the ME3 N7 (Special) edition, and I had an e-mail this morning to confirm they've cancelled my pre-order. They gave me a £5 off voucer to use online - the fact that the last two games I've tried to order from them they've been unable to supply means that they can go fuck themselves, they'll get no further business from me.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:39 pm

Game have announced that they're not stocking Street Fighter x Tekken or Asura's Wrath. So, last week they essentially announced they no longer stock EA games, this week it's Capcom games. They must be royally screwed financially.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:00 am

bollocks i best get down to one and redeem all my reward points and gift cards asap.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:09 am

I already did that. Picked up Folklore and a Vita screen protector for £2.50.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:50 pm

Well i did my bit to help i purchased 10 games for around 30 pounds. 1 of those was la noire for 8 pounds, so yeah they're blatently liquidating.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:31 pm

i liquidate everytime i look at my avatar
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:45 pm

My haul from a trip around the local stores:

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom - £5
Dead Space - £3
Dead Space 2 - £5
Alpha Protocol - £2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - £5
Vanquish - £3

And my big impulse buy, a Soul Calibur 5 Collector's Edition for £30. I assume the codes have been used but everything is in perfect condition.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:03 pm

You acted so unimpressed when i told you how ridiculously cheap stuff was. I'm gonna go to a different game today hopefully i find a couple more things. NGS would be a brilliant purchase although you make me laugh seeing as you got it on vita to.

I hpoe that was the LE of dead space 2 as that comes free with extraction and that was 5 pounds at the ones i went to.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:09 pm

Yeah, I doubt I'll ever play NGS, but it's worth it just to have both games on the same system. Every store I went to had a copy though. Nearly bought Hunted, but didn't.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:31 pm

Alpha Protocol for £2? Bargain.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:05 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Yeah, I doubt I'll ever play NGS, but it's worth it just to have both games on the same system. Every store I went to had a copy though. Nearly bought Hunted, but didn't.
What i visited 4 games and none had NGS... you country folk hate your hardcore games.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 pm

GAME isn't stocking NG3 or Raccoon City.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Probably because its gone into administration
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:22 am

Nah, that shouldn't happen until next week.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 2:42 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Nah, that shouldn't happen until next week.
Bam.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-21-game-confirms-intention-to-enter-administration

That's all folks.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:03 pm

I wonder if my local game will have a death sale. I sure hope so, but the best they would do is probably MW3 at half price or something.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:12 pm

Royal bank of scotland are interested in buying GAME? wtf?
Back to top Go down
Kaizokugami
Deck Hand
Kaizokugami

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:15 pm

Guess I'd better use all the credit I have on my trade-in card while I still can. Probably have enough for about 5-6 games in the bargain bin. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:16 pm

What consoles do you own?

Also they might not redeem the money on that reward card. The article said something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Yup. The time to splurge has passed. I went in to my local GAME yesterday and the prices were back to normal. Their website and plenty of their stores closed down today, and all reward points and pre-order deposits are non-refundable.
Back to top Go down
Kaizokugami
Deck Hand
Kaizokugami

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:56 pm

I own a Wii and a PS3.

Really? That's bad news then, I've got a lot of money on the card. Around 1000-1200 SEK (Swedish kronor) or so which adds up to about £90-£115. Why I have that much money on it beats me but that's how much I remember having on it.

I moved a couple of months back and for some reason there's not a single game store in this town except a Gamestop which is miles away. If I had known the situation was this ugly I'd have gone sooner. Why couldn't I have found this forum earlier?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:01 pm

I'm sorry to hear that man it really sucks. Fingers crossed it ends up reopening that feature soon enough. Unfortunately as they manage to take a huge amount out of their debt, by doing this it seems unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think GAME is pretty much dead   I think GAME is pretty much dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think GAME is pretty much dead
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next