Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Anniversary   Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:59 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Anniversary is slowly reminding me of why i never piked up the Tomb raider series in the first place. Levels are big and interesting so you can get lost in them. But the colour scheme is dull, greys and browns (kinda like modern gaming funnily enough). There's also no life in the levels. Its a shame because the platforming is seriously a cut above the rest.
Yeah, I'm having a hard time pushing myself through it. Probably because I played Underworld and Legend right before it. I did that with the Sly collection. Completed 1 and 2 100%, and then couldn't be bothered with 3. I get burnt out on stuff easily.

But also because most of the time it feels like nothing's happening. It's just climbing through a tomb, alone, in silence, for hours. Except for the occassion when you have to shoot a gorilla or something. It's kind of hard to like Lara when she spends her free time wiping out endangered species.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Anniversary   Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:00 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Well i finished it, i fail to see how there's even the slightest connection between this game adn legend in terms of story. I thought i was playing on hard but for some reason that didn't register on my game completion which is annoying, i did however manage to find every secret in the game. I dunno if i'll replay on hard or do the time trials ever. I'll probably do the croft manor one as that was pretty damn fun and i enjoyed croft manor again more then most of the game (still better in legend though). Guess i'll play underworld starting tomorrow or something.
Underworld brings the stories from both games together. Sort of. Amanda and Natla are in Underworld, and the story goes back to searching for Lara's mother.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Anniversary   Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:04 am

So which was your favourite of the trilogy.

Anniversary will get way more annoying to be honest. The last level is just plain ugly. The textures look like shit to. I think there's 4 boss battles in the game the centaur one is by a long shot the best one. The T rex in second place so you can see where this is going. The puzzles in the egypt tomb get really tedious if you do something in the wrong order you need to restart the puzzle.

I think i will replay the game on hard before i attempt the time trials as i reaally need to be familiar with all this shit. I dunno if I want to ever touch this game again though. Its very soulless.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Anniversary   Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:12 am

From a design standpoint, Underworld is my favourite. With the polish and content of the previous games it would be the best one. But as a whole, Legend is the best. There was a bit too much action and some levels were too short (Japan being my least favourite), but Anniversary just goes way too far in the opposite direction, to it's detriment. Underworld has the best balance of all the game elements, but the finesse is somewhat missing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Anniversary   Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:03 pm

So what were your final thoughts on anniversary did you finish it?

The final boss fight was a joke. I think all future tomb raiders need to be more like guardian of light that game needs a sequel more then the rest of the series, that said will definitely get TR 2012 at some point. I'll try and play through underworld now.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Anniversary   Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:11 am

I've completely lost the will to play this game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Anniversary   Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:26 pm

Its fucking horrible, which is a let down as it starts really promising, greece had some cool puzzles to but egypt bored the fuck out of me to. I think this is definitely my least favourite of the trilogy.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Anniversary   Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm pushing through it. I just turn the volume down and put some music on to keep me going. Finally finished Egypt. Went back to get some relics from earlier stages too. The model from the original Tomb Raider is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Anniversary   Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:34 pm

I'm gonna trade this in then i might buy legend off the store. I won't touch the other games in this trilogy.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Anniversary   Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:11 pm

It's not on the store. That's the PSP version.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Anniversary   Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:32 pm

After Legend, trying to make it a serious thing for Lara to kill a human was a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Anniversary   Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Did you step on the midas hand? Also i agree i thought i said that somewhere but nt in this topic apparently.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Anniversary   Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:01 am

The last area was just annoying. The boss fight with that giant testicle monster was okay. Definitely my least favourite of the trilogy though.

If all the stages had kept up the variety of the first stage, which went from ice caves to lost villages to open jungle and so on, it would have been a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Anniversary   Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2