Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.

Go down 
+6
Kaio
Dr. Chocolate
Eevil-Psycho
Savage
Skip
Talking Sock
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Empty
PostSubject: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 11:16 am

Watching TLK in 3D a few weeks back was wonderful, but watching the film on BR... 'Tis the smex!
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 11:32 am

SOK wrote:
the smex!
Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Implie10
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 11:37 am

Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Z66D2
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 11:57 am

Oh yeah, both the Pride of The Lion King and The Lion King: A Memoir documentaries are both great. Way better than the 2003 release's stuff. They also put up some of the deleted and alternate scenes in the extras which is nice to see. There's also that cheesy bloopers thing...

Also I never heard of that original idea they had of the film before. Apparently it was going to be about a war between lions and baboons and Rafiki was a cheetah. Maybe if they went with that, they would have avoided the whole Kimba nonsense, haha. Joking aside, I'm glad they went with the whole Hamlet/Moses thing instead.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:10 pm

Wait, you still watch cartoons?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:11 pm

Of course. Only the manliest of men still do.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:41 pm

hey, I saw The Lion King in 3D last week, don't hate.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:47 pm

Don't worry, he's really a big ol' softy inside who looooves cartoons.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:53 pm

Unless he's got a heart that's been turned to stone by hate and is just jealous of our ability to feel.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:04 pm

Let's hope Kaio won't be bittered by hatred and jealousy. The Lion King's BR release won't be coming out till late December where he lives...
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:12 pm

I didn't watch it in 3D, don't feel soft about the thing
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:21 pm

SOK wrote:
Let's hope Kaio won't be bittered by hatred and jealousy. The Lion King's BR release won't be coming out till late December where he lives...

EARLY december
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Dr. Faust wrote:
3D makes you hard?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:24 pm

Kaio wrote:
SOK wrote:

EARLY december

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:57 pm

It's November here. Won't be buying it though.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:21 pm

Did you get the trilogy or just the first movie? I haven't been able bothered to find out whether the trilogy includes the 2D bluray versions or not so not sure which to buy yet.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:29 pm

I got the Collector's Edition. The Lion King came in four discs, one being 3D blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray, the DVD, and digital. Both of the sequels just came with 2D blu-ray and DVD versions.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:43 pm

That all came in one box right, with the brownish cover? Cool though, that's what I was hoping it would be.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:58 pm

If you mean the fancy big box with the drum that has all the discs sorted inside it, we unfortunately didn't get that here. Instead our version of the 8 disc set comes in a cardboard slip with a large Blu-ray case inside.

Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. 4421812

Cover looked like that.

I wish we got the one with the drum. If I recall correctly, all the discs were put into slips or something. It's just a bitch to take out the discs in my one. They're really stuck tight on each tray. >_<
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 6:51 pm

Skip wrote:
Dr. Faust wrote:
3D makes you hard?
Then I'll go boxing
Kick-Assia?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:22 am

Man, I forgot how half-assed and TLK2 was. The dialogue was meh, the background music was weak, the songs weren't great(save for He Lives in You, but that's because it was originally done years prior by Lebo M and such for that awesome TLK CD, not for this film), and the animation was pretty cheap and lousy.

TLK3/TLK1 1/2 was nice, though. If you can get past the inconsistencies and screwing around with the original film(and why not, it's just done for fun and humor), it's pretty enjoyable. The animation was great, the music was alright(it even used rerecorded cues from the first film, awesome), the songs were tolerable, and the dialogue went back to being clever and witty.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:07 am

When is Alladin coming out? Every thing else Disney did is bullshit fuck titties. Robin Hood aside.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:10 am

Jimmy Darmody wrote:
bullshit fuck titties
dude what
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:14 am

Yes man. All that and a bag of chips.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:15 am

Robin Williams ruined Aladdin. And if you love it so much you could at least learn to spell it right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.   Got The Lion King on Blu-ray. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got The Lion King on Blu-ray.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next