Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown

Go down 
+5
brandon
Golden Boy
Old School
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Empty
PostSubject: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:20 pm

Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown _-Sega-Announces-Virtua-Fighter-5-Final-Showdown-_

Announcement:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/23/virtua-fighter-5-final-showdown-pummels-psn-summer-2012/

Described as an update and expansion to previous versions of the game, Final Showdown will debut as a stand-alone downloadable title on both systems. In addition to new modes, rebalanced mechanics, timing, animation, brand-new dynamic arena system, new arenas, and customizable character items, the game will add two more combatants to the game's roster. Virtua Fighter veterans will welcome the return of Virtua Fighter 3 sumo wrestler Taka-Arashi, while those eager to try out a new style can look forward to the debut of Jean Kujo.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will also feature online multiplayer action for both systems. Sega is promising "little to no latency" for online matches, with leaderboards to keep track of rank. For more solitary fighters, Final Showdown will also include a new single-player mode where players fight "an army of opponents" on their own.

Release dates
PS3: Summer 2012
360: Summer 2012

Trailer:

Confirmed New Features:
2 new characters
A new single player mode
New dynamic arensa system
Lagless online, sega are promising to deliver the experience of playing with someone right next to you
More fluid animations
Rebalanced gameplay
New arenas
Customisable character items
Only available for digital download

Character List:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:23 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:46 pm

Is this the revised version of VF5 or something new? Wasn't the revision called something else?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:46 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Is this the revised version of VF5 or something new? Wasn't the revision called something else?
This is the final edition of VF5 that has not been on a home console yet.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:53 am

Virtual Fighters, eh?
Never really been in love with the series.

But I remember having VF4 on PS2.
That game spawned my hatred for 3D fighting games.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:05 am

DesVignes wrote:
Virtual Fighters, eh?
Never really been in love with the series.

But I remember having VF4 on PS2.
That game spawned my hatred for 3D fighting games.
I wasn't either until i realised how technical the fighting is i never really played em much but when this is out i will get into it.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:48 am

I suppose the only thing that intrest me about VF was that Rey Mysterio look-a-like introduced in VF5. I don't know why. The character came off as interesting.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:50 am

DesVignes wrote:
I suppose the only thing that intrest me about VF was that Rey Mysterio look-a-like introduced in VF5. I don't know why. The character came off as interesting.
You can do some of his ring moves going by some of the moves he does in the trailer. This looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:56 am

Man, that reminds me.
One of the things I hated about VF4 was the ring-outs.

You know, when you're about to win, but your opponent manages to push you off the stage.
I wouldn't know now. I haven't played a VF game in years.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:14 am

DesVignes wrote:
Man, that reminds me.
One of the things I hated about VF4 was the ring-outs.

You know, when you're about to win, but your opponent manages to push you off the stage.
I wouldn't know now. I haven't played a VF game in years.
Thats y you need skills, you can still ring out in 5 there's just sometimes walls or low walls but you can air juggle out.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:35 am

Yeah, back when I played VF4, I prefer levels with walls(not the breakable ones).
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:41 am

I've wanted to get into the series, but Sega couldn't have possibly found a worst time to release this with SoulCalibur V getting released next year too (and SC games usually come out in summer).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:21 pm

I stand by what baal said this does look like a better setup. First post updated.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:24 pm

The graphics don't look as good as the old VF5. If it keeps the file size down I don't mind though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:32 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The graphics don't look as good as the old VF5. If it keeps the file size down I don't mind though.
As long as its less then 10 gig i'm alright with it.

I always have like 20-30 gig spare on my hard drive. I almost always trade in games with massive installs, that aren't yakuza. I'm not keen on heavily patched games either.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:00 pm

So does anyone actually know what makes VF5 "the hardest fighting game to master"? I know nothing about the series except that Lion, Jacky and Brad look cool.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:04 pm

Blair Waldorf wrote:
So does anyone actually know what makes VF5 "the hardest fighting game to master"? I know nothing about the series except that Lion, Jacky and Brad look cool.
From what little i know, its mainly because characters are completely unique. Its not like I'm going to choose lars/bob/alicia because they have good bounds. Its more i will have to play as kage because his moves are the only ones that don't make my hands bleed.

You can't broadly apply tactics to all the characters to use to there advantage. Each character has a unique playstyle and you will need to know how to specifically counter each character with your character to get anywhere.

Put it this way even putting a couple of hours into 5 I was looking like a noob. A couple of hours into tekken 6 and i could pull off 90% of the moves with every character.

By that i mean i literally could do fuck all as i was hopping through characters.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 1:09 am

[quote="Superbuu3"]
Blair Waldorf wrote:
Put it this way even putting a couple of hours into 5 I was looking like a noob. A couple of hours into tekken 6 and i could pull off 90% of the moves with every character.
That doesn't mean you're not a noob.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 1:15 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Blair Waldorf wrote:
That doesn't mean you're not a noob.
At that stage i managed to get a perfect against you. So apparently i wasn't remember how you vs me on street fighter turned out and that was you actually having a main. I'm pretty casual compared to you as a gamer.

Well outside of Yakuza etc.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 1:26 am

I don't think I played with my main when we played. But if I did then I won, be sure of it.

I can't remember how I did the few times I played SSF4, other than I liked Gouken.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 1:34 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I don't think I played with my main when we played. But if I did then I won, be sure of it.

I can't remember how I did the few times I played SSF4, other than I liked Gouken.
i was talking about your main on SSF4. I also wiped the floor with you and i'm not even good at SSF4. I'm pretty sure you put in a decent amount of time in training mode to as you kept complaining about fighting game stuff. I literally did not play tekken 6 outside of beatem up mode till i played you.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 1:38 am

I didn't have a main on SSF4. I played a bot with Cody, Chun-li, Gouken and Abel, and did some trials. I sucked at SSF4. I think I only owned it for a couple of weeks. I'm not that great at Tekken either, I just played it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 1:44 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I didn't have a main on SSF4. I played a bot with Cody, Chun-li, Gouken and Abel, and did some trials. I sucked at SSF4. I think I only owned it for a couple of weeks. I'm not that great at Tekken either, I just played it a lot.
My point is which your slowly moving away from.

Is that within the time i played you on tekken 6 a game you played alot i managed to beat you a few times, including a perfect.

SSF4 which i barely played, and you'd put more time into then tekken i completely wiped the floor with you.

My point is when i say a game is hard to get anywhere even after a couple of hours, its actually the case. Seeing as i demonstrated my adaptability to new fighting games when i played you.

SF3 is also hard to adjust to but its still nowhere near the level of complexity of VF5.

If your a true fighter fan VF5 is your game. If not you obviously aren't that into fighters, as all the other games are childs play comparatively. If you can master VF5 any other fighting game will be a cake walk.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 1:51 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
SSF4 which i barely played, and you'd put more time into then tekken i completely wiped the floor with you.
Huh? I barely played SF4.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 1:54 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Huh? I barely played SF4.
You had time to have a favourite moose.

I literally played a bit of the story mode which i think forced me to play as lars. Regardless of that side of things you play teekn 6 way more then i'd played SSF4. The fact i could take rounds and matches off you at all shows i can't have been a noob.

Like i said this is not the point i was making though. I'm saying you saw first hand i wasn't a noob at tekken despite you saying that i might have been a few posts ago.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 1:58 am

All that means is that I'm a noob too. Which is pretty much true. I know one character well, and there's 3 or 4 others I kind of know. If I pick any other characters I might as well be playing the game for the first time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown   Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virtua Fighter 5 Showdown
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next