Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Street Fighter V

Go down 
+6
Neo
Baal
Zero
Superbuu3
????
Golden Boy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 1:56 pm

Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 5:17 pm

So SFV happened huh?

So if I was to take a shitty guess, SFV will be release by next year or 2016

And then Super Street Fighter V
And then Ultra Street Fighter V
and then Super Ultra Street Fighter V
and then Super Ultra Hyper Alpha Omega Street Fighter V
And then Street Fighter Alpha 4.......Yes I know it isn't SFV, but fuck it, I want a SFA4.
And then Super Ultra Hyper Alpha Omega Street Fighter V: Arcade Extreme Edition.

I will now copyright all of those and make millions. Send me my check Capcom!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 8:41 pm

I'm pretty sure that joke is so fucking old you're breaking copyright right there, and do I have to point out that there was only 2 street fighter 4 releases again. Although at least you have the taste to realise alpha 4 would be awesome.

Anyway I think its intersting that Xbox pissed off Capcom in some way to not be able to get the game, or is this simply an issue of they couldn't get 60fps out of it, without compromises they didn't want to make. That would probably be a deal breaker in a fighting game.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
????
Butter Bomb

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 10:42 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that joke is so fucking old you're breaking copyright right there, and do I have to point out that there was only 2 street fighter 4 releases again.  Although at least you have the taste to realise alpha 4 would be awesome.

Anyway I think its intersting that Xbox pissed off Capcom in some way to not be able to get the game, or is this simply an issue of they couldn't get 60fps out of it, without compromises they didn't want to make.  That would probably be a deal breaker in a fighting game.

Technically there was 3 SFIV (Not counting the Arcade or 3D), Original, Super, and Ultra.

A possibility that Xbone couldn't get 60FPS or maybe Sony has some major money to prevent it from being on Xbone (Though not PC). I don't know if this will be permanent though.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 10:46 pm

But seriously Capcom, think of all the money from your fanbase you would have if you real released SFA4. Alpha series have some of the best games in the entire series. Fuck, I'll say it, SFA2 is the best Street Fighter game period (IMHO).

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 12:54 am

Empirewild wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that joke is so fucking old you're breaking copyright right there, and do I have to point out that there was only 2 street fighter 4 releases again.  Although at least you have the taste to realise alpha 4 would be awesome.

Anyway I think its intersting that Xbox pissed off Capcom in some way to not be able to get the game, or is this simply an issue of they couldn't get 60fps out of it, without compromises they didn't want to make.  That would probably be a deal breaker in a fighting game.

Technically there was 3 SFIV (Not counting the Arcade or 3D), Original, Super, and Ultra.

A possibility that Xbone couldn't get 60FPS or maybe Sony has some major money to prevent it from being on Xbone (Though not PC). I don't know if this will be permanent though.

Ultra was a DLC expansion. If we count DLC as sequels, then a lot of games average 2/3 releases, making this not a big deal at all.

This was in the works from a while ago not sure if you remember the story about fight sticks and street fighter on PS4/Xbone.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 2:14 am

Street Fighter V Street-fighter-V-vs-Street-Figter-IV-comparison-screenshot

Street Fighter V Tumblr_ng44vtOgav1t101dvo1_1280

I think Chun's thighs got bigger.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 2:34 am

Empirewild wrote:
But seriously Capcom, think of all the money from your fanbase you would have if you real released SFA4. Alpha series have some of the best games in the entire series. Fuck, I'll say it, SFA2 is the best Street Fighter game period (IMHO).

It was definitely good, but I think SFIII Third Strike and SFIV iterations are more solid games.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
????
Butter Bomb

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 5:09 am

Zero wrote:
Empirewild wrote:

It was definitely good, but I think SFIII Third Strike and SFIV iterations are more solid games.

In the main series, SFIII Third Strike is the best.

But overall? SFA2 deserves that honor.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 5:38 am

Third Strike is bad and you're an idiot.  Also, ST is the best SF game.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 5:43 am

Golden Boy wrote:

I think Chun's thighs got bigger.

They did. This game honestly looks like it's pretty early so all I can really say is I hope they tone down the ink effects or whatever, because those are egregious and hopefully it's just that stage, but the game looks really dark.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 5:50 am

People have also been throwing around the theory that SF5 is funded by Sony, which isn't like impossible but seems a bit silly. It's possible that the Xbone's sales being so far under the PS4's sales that Ono doesn't want to waste the money developing for it since its home country didn't do shit to adopt it nor is it exactly breaking the bank in western countries either. It's interesting that its on PC though, but the PC market in the west is actually pretty big and Capcom in general has seemed to have good business there which makes them more open-minded than most Japanese companies interestingly enough.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:12 am

A lot of people seem to be comparing this to Bayonetta 2 in terms of funding.

I guess it is suprising that 5 is coming out anytime soon. Especially since there was mention within the last year that ultra street fighter 4 was going to be on PS4 but not Xbone.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:15 am

Baal wrote:

Third Strike is good. But of course you would like the overrated Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

Also SF3 has Dudley, so your entire argument is invalid.

End of discussion

Last edited by Empirewild on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:16 am

Superbuu3 wrote:

I guess it is suprising that 5 is coming out anytime soon.  Especially since there was mention within the last year that ultra street fighter 4 was going to be on PS4 but not Xbone.

I heard that SF5 wasn't supposed to be release till 2019.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:19 am

Empirewild wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

I guess it is suprising that 5 is coming out anytime soon.  Especially since there was mention within the last year that ultra street fighter 4 was going to be on PS4 but not Xbone.

That has to be bullshit. I don't see how anyone would know that for starters. Plus i'm pretty sure after the SF4 teaser the game was released like 2 years later and i don't think they had any gameplay footage at all in the SF4 teaser.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:21 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Empirewild wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

That has to be bullshit.  I don't see how anyone would know that for starters.  Plus i'm pretty sure after the SF4 teaser the game was released like 2 years later and i don't think they had any gameplay footage at all in the SF4 teaser.

Never mind, it was supposed to be released BEFORE 2019

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-02-street-fighter-5-will-launch-before-and-8230

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:34 am

Oh right thats a really vague statement. I'd expect this out within 2 years.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 7:15 am

Baal wrote:
People have also been throwing around the theory that SF5 is funded by Sony, which isn't like impossible but seems a bit silly. It's possible that the Xbone's sales being so far under the PS4's sales that Ono doesn't want to waste the money developing for it since its home country didn't do shit to adopt it nor is it exactly breaking the bank in western countries either. It's interesting that its on PC though, but the PC market in the west is actually pretty big and Capcom in general has seemed to have good business there which makes them more open-minded than most Japanese companies interestingly enough.
It would be interesting if it was actually console exclusive, I expect it'd cement the PS4 as the console for fighting games for the rest of the generation.

Japanese games seem to do very well on PC these days as long as they work, Valkyria Chronicles was a good port and topped the Steam charts for a good week or so which isn't particularly easy to do and even FFXIII didn't do too badly despite being broken beyond belief. Dead or Alive 5 LR on PC, something I never expected would happen, got announced the other day as well.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 7:39 am

Neo wrote:
Baal wrote:

It would be interesting if it was actually console exclusive, I expect it'd cement the PS4 as the console for fighting games for the rest of the generation.

Japanese games seem to do very well on PC these days as long as they work, Valkyria Chronicles was a good port and topped the Steam charts for a good week or so which isn't particularly easy to do and even FFXIII didn't do too badly despite being broken beyond belief. Dead or Alive 5 LR on PC, something I never expected would happen, got announced the other day as well.

I also hate when people say "Console exclusive." It is clearly on PC too you know? That doesn't make it exclusive much anymore. PC is as important to gaming as console is, so nobody should call PC irrelevant. Only morons think that.

And I do notice a big surge of Japanese games coming to PC. I say let them come. More variety is healthy.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 7:56 am

Superbuu3 wrote:

Markman (The community guy for Madcatz) made mention that the reason they were making the USF4 TE2's compatible with both PS3 and PS4 is that USF4 was going to be on PS4. Now, logically you think this means that there's gonna be a PS4 port of Ultra, right? Although, with the announcement that Ultra would be on Playstation Now, it's just as likely he meant that. With SF5 being PS4-exclusive as far as consoles go though, I'd like to think they'd port Ultra to that too, but who the fuck honestly knows? Capcom outsourced the PC Port of Ultra to some Polish group and it shows that they're pretty weird about how they've handled Ultra as far as like handling it in any way beyond patching in more stuff goes.

Empirewild wrote:
Baal wrote:

Third Strike is good. But of course you would like the overrated Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

Also SF3 has Dudley, so your entire argument is invalid.

End of discussion

Yes, I would like the game that's not broken because of its own stupid fucking mechanics and dumb character gimmicks. I love how you call ST overrated too when SF3 has gotten a fanbase it never deserved solely because Daigo parried an attack at EVO 2004.

Dudley's in a lot of games, that doesn't make you any less dumb.

Neo wrote:

It being only the PS4 as far as consoles go is actually a pretty big feather in its cap. EVO (And most FG tourney organizers) don't really like holding bigger tournaments on PCs, consoles are far more convenient for them which is largely why they're used at like every fighting game tournament. That's not to say people are only gonna buy it on PS4 of course, but this is actually a pretty big deal for it since it sets a precedent with the PS4 being the fighting game console where the Xbox One tried to do that shit with KI and failed horribly.

Now if they could just use that fucking driver that Skullgirls has and save most players the issue of buying a new stick for a new console, this would be pretty good for tournaments.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 8:00 am

Another reason the game pretty obviously feels early in development to me is there's no mention of an arcade version in that trailer. SF4 had one and they made sure to keep making more with SSFIV Arcade Edition and Ultra, so it feels like they would have made mention of one if the game were even remotely close to being in a ready state.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 8:21 am

Empirewild wrote:
I also hate when people say "Console exclusive."  It is clearly on PC too you know? That doesn't make it exclusive much anymore. PC is as important to gaming as console is, so nobody should call PC irrelevant. Only morons think that.
Console exclusive does not mean the same thing that exclusive does.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 2:47 pm

Don't they just mean only on one console, not saying it is or not on PC?

Empirewild wrote:
Baal wrote:

Yeah, I've never found the massive appeal in ST. I never got good at Third Strike, but there was still much more to it than ST.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 5:47 pm

The appeal of ST is it's a game where the mechanics are based solely in the characters and not on any outlier mechanics. It's straight up "Who is the better player at this game?", it's one of the fastest fighting games, and it's hard as shit to play. The only thing that is not just "The characters" is the super meter which isn't intrusive to the game at all. The game being unbalanced as shit is fine, if that's the only problem with your fighting game then you've got a good fighting game.

Third Strike comparatively is a much slower game with far more idiotic design decisions like parrying which renders zoning completely useless (And makes characters like Remy and Alex low tier despite the fact they should have the tools they need to be better). It also makes the game anemic at higher levels because of shit like fishing for parries, so footsies effectively just become a detriment in a series where up to that point they were always the way to actually fight. Then comes the characters, half of the cast is really cool and has neat styles (Makoto, Ibuki, Dudley, the Twins, Urien, and Oro) and then the other half are horrible mishmashes of characters who get fucked by the game's mechanics (Alex, Remy, Q, Hugo and the Shotos), poor balancing (SEAN), just suck (Twelve & Necro) or are stupidly OP as fuck because everything about them leans them in favor of how the game is designed (Chun-Li). Also, I say I like Yun, but Gennei-Jin is one of the most retarded things in that game and turns him into a Marvel character.

Like there is a reason everyone hated SF3 when those games all came out. The only reason that game was played for like 10 years was because it was the newest SF game and the one everyone was playing. MvC2, CvS2, and ST were all still being played, but Third Strike was the most friendly game to newcomers, SF vets, and people who want to play more people than the usual suspects so everyone played it. The second SF4 popped up that game was dropped like a bad habit. It says a lot that MvC3 is dying and MvC2 is making a comeback, yet SF4 has been going strong for six years and the most Third Strike got is a main spot in a nostalgia tourney recently where SF4 was still played anyways. For all of my shit-talking of SF3, I liked ideas it presented like selectable supers, EX moves, and some of the characters were pretty fun to play, but it's not a good game. The SF3 series would be the worst SF games of the series if it weren't for like SF1 and EX existing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Street Fighter V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V   Street Fighter V Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Street Fighter V
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next