Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.

Go down 
+5
Savage
SSMG
Ellis
L Ron Hubbard
Baal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Empty
PostSubject: That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.   That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 3:49 am

Okay, so I learned somethings about watching this I did not notice when I was several years younger.

1. I do not like Fez. Every time he opens his mouth it's always to make some dumb joke about sex, candy or how foreign he is. That really loses its charm after the 5th episode and it pretty much becomes his characters and in the 8th Season he takes Kelso's place as the ladykiller who is getting all of the chicks ever. It really gets annoying during serious moments where someone consoles someone else and he makes some stupid comment and kills the mood. He is only rivaled in this with Kelso, who actually has a personality and is kind of funny.

2. Kitty is really hard to like sometimes. Yes, she's very sweet and can usually be seen as a very nice authority figure but she's really two-faced when you get down to it. During one episode she loses her engagement ring that Red didn't spend much money on and they have a heart to heart about it and she realizes she doesn't need the ring to be expensive as long as it came from Red... only for her to find it minutes later and have Red still buy her the most expensive ring in a jewelry store when they can't really afford it. Another episode she constantly calls Donna a slut only for her to admit she's not mad at Donna but at Eric for leaving home only for her to continue calling Donna a slut int he next episode. Her response for pretty much every problem she is faced with is to drink more and more and she's a massive hypocrite what with telling the kids not to smoke and then doing it herself.

3. Donna gets progressively annoying but she has her good moments. When Donna isn't being the annoying feminist chick, she's sort of dominating the relationship with Eric but the show also shows several times that Eric dominating the relationship would be even worse, so it at least gives a good reason as to why she does it.

4. Red's the best role model in the show. Despite being a giant hardass, Red manages to not only set a good example for the kids most of the time but he always tells them how to handle the troubles they have with life in his own special way. He's always faithful to Kitty and does anything he needs to to please her even if he's being snarky while he's doing it. He may show favoritism towards Laurie but he has his breaking point too and stops showing favoritism after a while and treats his son with respect when all is said and done.

5. Seasons 7 & 8 are bad bad bad bad bad. They introduce new characters only for them to not show up several episodes later, several of the episodes get annoying with how the characters become more and more like caricatures of their former selves and they even introduce a new replacement for Eric, Randy, who is one of the biggest Mary Sue's I've ever seen. Jackie ends up with Fez after several seasons of treating him like crap and she ends up liking him entirely out of the blue and finally, it introduces Hyde's family only for them to be entirely ignored for most of both seasons. About the only good thing about this season is more of Hyde and Justin Long in a blonde wig speaking in a British accent.

6. Kelso has more of a character than just playing the vain idiot. I don't know how I didn't realize this when I was younger but he really does care about his friends and during story arcs about things like him trying to get jobs to show he has some semblance of responsibility and genuinely wanting to be in his daughter's life when he can get a free pass out of it. I especially see that during the last season which he is almost entirely absent from that he is actually a character I missed because he gave such life to the group that it doesn't have as much of when he's gone.

I still like this show but it's hard to like it as much as I did when I was younger because things like certain characters being more annoying than I thought but it helps that characters like Red and Kelso have more to them than I originally thought.
Back to top Go down
L Ron Hubbard
Chalupa Batman MacArthur
L Ron Hubbard

PostSubject: Re: That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.   That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 3:52 am

What about That 80's Show?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scientology.org
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.   That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 3:54 am

It lasted a season.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.   That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:52 am

can you tl;dr this
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.   That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 5:00 am

Fez and Kitty are annoying, seasons 7 & 8 suck and Red & Hyde are awesome.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.   That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 7:03 pm

Man Red reminds me so much of my dad it's scary.

I used to love this show growing up as well, i haven't seen it on tv in years though.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.   That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 7:05 pm

I caught some episode a few nights ago on TV with Seth Green in it. He doesn't really scream "70s" to me, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.   That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:47 am

This is still one of my favourite shows. I never realised how annoying Fez was until I rewatched them too. But I guess it's good because he appeals to the younger viewers and all, and we all have Red being the man.
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.   That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:19 pm

You know, with Season 8 having been on recently, I just thought of something.

I got to wonder...Had the writer's not decided to force Randy into being Donna's new boyfriend, would his existence have been more tolerable? Because that's what seems to be the most common complaint I've seen about the guy.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.   That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Um, no. The biggest problem with Randy is that everyone loves him when he shows up. Absolutely no one dislikes the guy or even warms up to him, they all immediately like him. Hell, even Hyde and Red, two of the most hardassed characters like Randy the second he shows up. It's bad enough that he's forced into Eric's old role, but it's basically him being a Gary Stu that made him unlikeable. Season 8 also suffered from more shoehorning Fez into Kelso's role, but where as Kelso was actually funny, Fez is not.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.   That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:45 pm

Fez just wasn't funny in general.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.   That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:52 pm

Yeah, but he's even less funny when you shoehorn him into Kelso's role.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.   That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:00 am

Baal wrote:
Yeah, but he's even less funny when you shoehorn him into Kelso's role.

Yeah. Kelso's role could have only been done by a dumbass played by another dumbass of the same caliber.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.   That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 9:22 am

Baal wrote:
Um, no. The biggest problem with Randy is that everyone loves him when he shows up. Absolutely no one dislikes the guy or even warms up to him, they all immediately like him. Hell, even Hyde and Red, two of the most hardassed characters like Randy the second he shows up. It's bad enough that he's forced into Eric's old role, but it's basically him being a Gary Stu that made him unlikeable. Season 8 also suffered from more shoehorning Fez into Kelso's role, but where as Kelso was actually funny, Fez is not.

So basically...Season 8 just shouldn't have existed?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.   That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 9:26 am

You're still around? You must be like 20 by now.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.   That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That 70s Show is kind of a good show after rewatching through all of it.
Page 1 of 1