Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catherine

Go down 
+7
Kaede
Superbuu3
Skip
brandon
A_Nonny_Moose
Baal
Ellis
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:54 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
There's 8 different endings depending on your actions from what I hear.
Playing through a game and giving different text to get 8 endings is pointless and boring.

If there was a different path through the game or genuinely diverse levels through all 8 endings then i might change my opinion. Most games with multiple endings require saving near the end and changing 1 arbitrary choice.

Nocturne did it pretty well.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Buu there's more choices than just texting, you actually get to explore the dream world and make choices there. They also affect the levels, the dating sim aspects are not arbitrarily forced in this game like they are in Persona 3 and 4, they are a part of the actual gameplay and you can ignore them if you wish and just play the game.

I was surprised to see that not responding to Katherine's text at all ended with her not calling Vincent and responding to Katherine with negativity about marriage makes the boss in the next level far more aggressive. The game changes as you make choices and fits itself to those choices, it doesn't just give you some option at the end like Persona 3 and 4 did.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:58 pm

Baal wrote:
Buu there's more choices than just texting, you actually get to explore the dream world and make choices there. They also affect the levels, the dating sim aspects are not arbitrarily forced in this game like they are in Persona 3 and 4, they are a part of the actual gameplay and you can ignore them if you wish and just play the game.

I was surprised to see that not responding to Katherine's text at all ended with her not calling Vincent and responding to Katherine with negativity about marriage makes the boss in the next level far more aggressive. The game changes as you make choices and fits itself to those choices, it doesn't just give you some option at the end like Persona 3 and 4 did.
Eh? have you actually tried it out?

I might check this out if thats the case.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Yes I tried that out and I was surprised to see that I had to hustle to keep up with the Hands of Grudge as she kept blasting my ass with slower boxes and the trailer at the end shows off a bit more of the gameplay and that there are some arcade games you can play in the real world and choices you make in the dream world where you pull levers, I'm sure there's more than that and I'll report about it as I'll be buying the game before I leave out for Florida on the 27th.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 5:45 pm

Oh no shit. I only played through it once and was being a dick to Kathrine the whole time so that second section reflects on that? I'm gonna have to play through it again.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:48 pm

Yes, I have been told by several people that the gameplay reflects your choices, so I tried that out and the Hands of Grudge seemed more aggressive than before.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:32 am

I don't know how seriously you guys take IGN but here ya go.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1181622p1.html
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:37 am

I started going there a few months ago and I don't get video game news from anywhere else. To be fair the last place I was getting news from was gamespot tho....

I might have to reconsider though. The review basically said I'll get through it in under 15 hours. I was hoping for a little bit longer of a game.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:36 pm

Ellis wrote:
I started going there a few months ago and I don't get video game news from anywhere else. To be fair the last place I was getting news from was gamespot tho....

I might have to reconsider though. The review basically said I'll get through it in under 15 hours. I was hoping for a little bit longer of a game.

Destructoid, Ellis! Destructoid!
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:03 pm

That fat troll whose name I forget makes Destructoid irrelevant. Giantbomb/Gamasutra/Shacknews/Eurogamer master race.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Neo wrote:
That fat troll whose name I forget makes Destructoid irrelevant. Giantbomb/Gamasutra/Shacknews/Eurogamer master race.
PC gaming sites are the best because they don't have irrelevant things like console gaming. Which isn't even really gaming as they don't get as many pixels per second. Amirite?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:19 pm

bitch you have no idea how many pixels I get they see my awesome PC and are all up on my dick
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:24 pm

That sounds painful, i always got the impresion pixels were square things with sharp corners.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:28 pm

Maybe they are for pathetic peasant proletariat console gamer scum.

PC master race has alliteration, can your PS3 do that?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Developing callouses on the penis is not a good thing.

This game has seriously dated graphics this is exactly why everyone should ditch there console and PC game.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:31 pm

The more callouses you have on your penis the more respect you get in the PC gaming community.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Oh man, i wonder what peoples reactions would be to that if you replied that to some PC gaming comment out of the blue.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 8:45 am

Alright I've played the hell out of this game since I bought it nearly a week ago. I've gotten five of the eight endings, gold prized all of normal difficulty, and managed to complete the first stage of Babel. The gameplay is actually quite fun and at first it was difficult on normal but after I played through it again for gold prizes I was used to everything and did it all with ease. The story is good but gets really fucking stupid after you complete the eighth stage and I really loved the sections where you got to dick around in the Stray Sheep and talk to the regulars there, change music on the jukebox, listen to drink trivia and play Rapunzel.

If you don't dig romance being the main part of a game then don't buy this, otherwise I'm sure you'll enjoy this game... especially since it's not a bunch of dickhead teenagers acting like dumbasses.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:39 am

How difficult was the gameplay on normal, and do you get used to it?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:36 pm

When I got the fifth stage the game began kicking my ass and after I did my second playthrough on Easy because I wanted to get the True Lovers ending easily I went for the gold on normal stages and fucking plowed through them except for the last two stages of Stage 7.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:18 pm

Would you recommend playing through on easy or normal on the first time for someone who's most interested in the story?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:26 pm

I'd say Easy, the story gets really fucking stupid after you beat the eighth stage but it doesn't realy ruin the game, it just makes some things kind of stupid in hindsight.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 2:17 am

Moved this thread to platforming for obvious reasons.

Also, best song in the whole damn game, guys.

Also, I've been doing a huge run of the Rapunzel puzzles and holy shit some of these are hard.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:14 pm

I just got the True Freedom ending and... SPOILERS.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Catherine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catherine
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Platforming-
Jump to: