Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catherine

Go down 
+7
Kaede
Superbuu3
Skip
brandon
A_Nonny_Moose
Baal
Ellis
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Rman
Deck Hand
Rman

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:26 am

Pretty much. You just cant get the full law ending if you are full chaos. You almost want to stay neutral to get whatever ending you want so you don't have to do a whole 2nd playthrough.

At least they give you the option skip any stages that you got gold.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:17 am

Rman wrote:
There is a part right at the end where you can save a separate file and by choices actually influence your final inclination. If you aren't satisfied with the ending, or just want to see a few different ones, just load up the save and give it another go.

There is a Catherine wiki out there that can help you see how your choices have influenced where you go. But they give you that meter to help you know where you sit......

That being said....I was pretty much full chaos since I found Katherine to be a bit bitchy and up tight. Though, at the end, I did start feeling for Katherine.
Deep down was she really a sexy secretary?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:28 pm

Katherine was up tight, but then Vincent was total idiot to begin with so she had to be. I decided to go for Katherine because she's hotter than Catherine, and Catherine was mental.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:21 pm

Isn't there a neutral bros before hos ending? Surely that's the best.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:47 pm

There's 4 endings for Order and 4 for Chaos.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:54 pm

Actually it's 3 for Lovers, 3 for Cheater, and 2 for Freedom.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:58 pm

So do the Freedom endings contain sufficient quantities of Bros Before Hos?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:07 pm

Basically like how Cheater is Catherine and Lovers is Katherine, Freedom is Vincent, if that makes any sense.

There are no bros before hos ending, but True Lovers has tons of the guys being pals and Vincent basically helping out one of his friends big time.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:20 pm

I think that's the one I got.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:07 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Katherine was up tight, but then Vincent was total idiot to begin with so she had to be. I decided to go for Katherine because she's hotter than Catherine, and Catherine was mental.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:10 pm

Kaede wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

Thank you.
So which one are you?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:53 pm

For serious though, Katherine's been in a relationship with Vincent for 5 years and he's made no effort to even show interest for wanting to further their relationship. The game makes continuous hints as to show why exactly Vincent's the one who's being unfair and Katherine shows that she's actually legitimately caring at times. At the beginning of the game it's some subtle things, but later it's pretty much shown in full force she's not being an asshole and does legit give a shit.

That's not to say Vincent's a bad guy, the game makes it pretty clear it's taking no one's side. Vincent's just someone who shouldn't be in an extensive relationship with someone like Katherine. A lot of Vincent's character development comes from the fact he's someone who's obviously matured, but doesn't know what he wants from life. That's why marriage and "Freedom" are big themes in the game and why it all works so well.

I like this game a lot, could you tell?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 12:25 pm

I think i got bored of this. Its sooooooooooooo repetitive.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Moose is the ending interesting enough for me to persevere I think I've on day 3 which makes me on the 4th nightmare. The puzzles got harder so i'm a bit turned off.
Back to top Go down
Rosalyn_86
First Mate
Rosalyn_86

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 6:50 pm

It's such a short game, I'm amazed you managed to find it repetitive. f you're not enjoying, then I'd say quit now. The ending I got was pretty "bleh."

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 7:25 pm

I turned on Very Easy mode to rush through the last couple of nights. It spawns loads of energy drinks in the puzzles that let you climb 3 blocks at once.
Back to top Go down
Rman
Deck Hand
Rman

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:27 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Moose is the ending interesting enough for me to persevere I think I've on day 3 which makes me on the 4th nightmare. The puzzles got harder so i'm a bit turned off.

I played on normal with minimal difficulty....but there were also a few stages where when you died you had the opportunity to stock pile pillows and end up with the max number. That being said.....puzzles will only get more difficult and some will make you want to pull your hair out simply because of the slim margin of error. 1 missed button press or mis-timed and dead.

I played it alot for the story. There was a ton of nuance and subtleties to it. Plus the voice acting was spot on....which it would HAVE to be for a game that relies so much on the emotion conveyed by each character. Plus, I also went through something in my personal life that mirrored some of the things Vincent was going through. Not so much the pregnant gf and cheating on her, but being in a serious, long term relationship and questioning the future/possibilities of other women. That next step is never easy and I think the game really did a good job bringing out the personal struggles of each of the character......forgetting some of the goofier endings.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:31 pm

I ketp accdentally dropping down more than i should and end up getting too close to whatever is trying to eat me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Catherine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine   Catherine - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catherine
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Platforming-
Jump to: