Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DmC Devil May Cry

Go down 
+14
Rockstar_Sinistar
Haseoviawesome
Golden Boy
Skip
Kaede
Maskull
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Ellis
Neo
Kaio
Talking Sock
SimianWonder
Baal
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Ha, how retarded. Completely forgot Bayonetta was Platinum and not Capcom. Oh, and I enjoyed DMC4, don't get me wrong, it just didn't feel quite as special as DMC3, which is undeniably the definitive DMC as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:22 pm

I feel they're both equal, I'd even say DMC4 is honestly a bit better. DMC4's only real problems lie in the level design come Dante and that Dante doesn't have nearly as much stuff, however the stuff he does have more than makes up for it by having styles change on the go so you can get crazy shit like this.

Like seriously, True Style Tournaments are amazing. Nero's also easily got one of the most complex weapons in most action games, all three of his weapons compliment the other perfectly so you don't need more weapons.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:55 pm

Yeah, that was impressive. Way beyond my skill level, but a blast to watch.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:25 pm

Mad2
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Vergil doesn't look too bad, but I highly doubt that was the original design they had planned. The problem with Vergil though is his face and he moves weird, it's just all very goofy. Also, what in the hell happened to Dante's VA and why did the voice director think that dull surprise was a good thing for a reaction like "YOU'RE MY BROTHER!" Also this looks more like a movie than it does a video game at this point.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:15 am

Yeah, I'm definitely settling for YouTube playthroughs. Maybe I'll get lucky and one of the more obnoxious ones I'm sub'd to will play it. Nova'd be the likely candidate as Pewdie's more of an Amnesia Mods & Random Indie games kinda guy. ...Although there is DooM 3, The Calling, & Ju On: The Grudge.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:17 am

You know I really think the worst thing about this game is how cool some of the environments look, and yet they're completely let down by the abomination NT is calling gameplay.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:09 am

How come Vergil gets white hair and Dante doesn't?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:31 am

Because the fans bitched up a storm about how terrible the character design for Dante was and instead of actually going back and fixing it they kept it the same figured they'd shut up if Vergil's design was practically the same. However, they then proceed to fuck it up because Vergil's face looks stupid as hell and he moves weirdly, he also seems to be missing parts of his coat. Also he's completely unlike Vergil from the original DMC3 in every way possible except for appearance, he actually cares about humans and is a passive aggressive loser.

Quote :
Vergil is still Dante’s twin brother in the new series. While Dante was admitted to an orphanage run by demons as a child, Vergil was adopted into a rich family. Highly-gifted, Vergil wrote a security encryption program that made him a multi-millionaire before he was even out of school.

Vergil’s parents both suffered at the hands of demons, which is something he intends to take revenge on them for. His mother was killed at their hands while his father has been enslaved by them. He now uses his wealth in order to research and combat demons, and is described as calculating character that makes strategic decisions without letting emotions get in the way.

So basically they turned Vergil into Batman but a thousand times less interesting and effective... And there's this.

Spoiler:

That picture certainly hypes me up, let me tell you. Oh and Vergil will be playable, but does anyone really even care at this point when the gameplay is so damn slow?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:31 am

At least you follow it and provide information, that speeds up the research
Vergil's look make me cringe
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:02 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:
Is it just me or does the gameplay look really slow?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A7oDHpEJEvU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Indiana Jones vibe, with some other stuff
Quote :
Spoiler:
He hates pizza? That's not right
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Looks more fun then the main game:

Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Well, I've played the demo, and you know what... It's a lot messier than DMC1 (the only one I'm that familiar with). Dante's movements don't look or feel precise, and the best word I can think of to describe the control system is "crowded". After switching the configuration around a few times I still can't find something I'm wholly comfortable with.

But, taken on it's own merits, and especially compared to Ninja Theory's other games, it's good. Not Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden good (nowhere near), but still good. I won't be pre-ordering but it's definitely on my to do list now.

Looks very nice too.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 7:32 am

lol

DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Ibm2F48VwpgIY1
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Yeah, the scoring system is borked, but it's fun to play. Collectibles are permanent too, so once you find them you never have to find them again. Which is alright, but it also means that once you've found them all, you always get a point bonus for finding them all every time you redo the level.

There's a little bit of exploration to find keys and doors which lead to challenge rooms. I think there's 3 in the demo level because I found 3 keys, only found 2 of the doors. One was a combat challenge where you had to reach S style rank within 2 minutes (very easy obviously), and the other was a timed platforming race.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 6:55 am

Great analysis of why this game falls short in just about every way possible (based on the demo).

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 3:35 pm

There's going to be another demo next month, exclusive to PS+.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 8:43 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

It'll probably be a demo of the DLC. Which would be fucking ridiculous as it'd be the first ever Demo of a DLC.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Man how utterly disappointing is this game....
well at least there will be better games in 2013

Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 10:29 am

Rockstar_Gear wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

It'll probably be a demo of the DLC. Which would be fucking ridiculous as it'd be the first ever Demo of a DLC.

Then why would it be the case now?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 6:10 pm

"Genuine reviews", that's hilarious Tameem.
https://twitter.com/NinjaTheory/status/287521624884920321
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:42 pm

This is one hell of a final boss battle.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:51 pm

I thought that Vergil looked very classy and refined. Then I saw this:

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:56 pm

Amazing.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 12:43 am

Hahaha, holy shit, just when I thought this game could not get worse.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DmC Devil May Cry
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next