Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon's Crown

Go down 
+5
SimianWonder
Baal
Superbuu3
Ellis
Neo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 5:20 pm

What kind of time is best for you sim?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:06 pm

I'm off work next week so as soon as it drops ill be flexible.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 10:29 pm

The bit you need to do is pretty lengthy, uh i'd tell you how long but my game timer is fucked cause I didn't pause the game and walked off a bunch of times. Also I was discussing builds and stuff.

Have a vague clue of what build you're going for cause it will be a while before we get respec stuff, You'll be fine if you put 1 point in a bunch of ablities just to try them out as when you need the higher abilities you'll probably have a respec potion by then, but don't do it too much.

I think deep pockets is probably a necessity. If anyone wants to ask specifics I can have a mess around with the characters if they want to know.

I've done fighter, tried out dwrf a bit.
Neo did wizard and baal has played as Amazon so you can ask about those a bit (i know next to nothing about the dwarf though).

Also is anyone else definitely getting this?
I#'ll need to get another character up to the right point if thats the case not sure what yet though.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:46 pm

hopefully my copy will be here monday/tuesday, ill have a mess around with a couple of characters & find one i like
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:50 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
hopefully my copy will be here monday/tuesday, ill have a mess around with a couple of characters & find one i like
Yeah, ditto.

TTB, I'm not sure if I have your PSN?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:19 pm

imjustcheese
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:10 pm

my copies just turned up, im gonna have a play with the dwarf first (make of it what you like you dirty minded fookers), ill also have a go with the archer/ sorceress as it seems 4 player should consist of 2 distance & 2 up close combat.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:14 pm

I had notification this morning that mine has shipped, so should arrive tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:28 pm

I'll adjust to what you guys want. I'm just choosing Fighter as he's a support character. We'll be fine with whatever, as I can tank anything and force the boss to chase me instead of you guys. Besides from what I seen the archer can combo, but you'd need to actually try proper combos with juggling etc. So I don't think you can really have 3 fully long range characters, and i'm already the fighter so we'll be alright.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 3:33 pm

You basically have to beat all 9 dungeons before you get online, they probably take aroun 10-15 minutes each.  Some you can fly through quicker than that and the NPCs who help you through make this a lot quicker.

I was doing the sidequests as they popped up on this first character, but for any later ones i'm going to skip all side quests so we can do them together. I think the extra skill points will make things run smoother on a first run.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:36 am

Patch is out, It's probably a good idea to download it as some characters have been changed and I don't know what version the game was running on when we bought it.

I've compiled patch changes here:

Today's patch:
Crossplay between PS3 and Vita.
Amazon/Fighter: Equipment durability takes less damage when guarding.
Amazon: Balance adjustments have been made to the Berserk effect.

Changed in earlier patches (but i dunno if we had them in our base game):
Wizard: Charging MP when the MP is already at maximum will cause magic power to increase.
Amazon: A successful Parry raises Berserk level by 1.
Amazon: The Necksplitter attack can now be cancelled.
Various Skill effects of all character classes have been adjusted.
Dagger and Bomb items can now be thrown diagonally by pressing Up on the Left Stick + Triangle button.

EDIT: patch notes are there, which likly means what i included above is actually in as the bottom ones are 1.03 i think.

Patch is small so simian will be able to play with us sometime this week.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 12:31 pm

My copy arrived ten minutes ago, so I'll get through the early stuff as best I'm able, then join up with you guys later.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 3:28 pm

The sorceress doesn't feel like i'll get to beat the crap out of stuff. The game is obviously classy as there's no signs of panty shots.

The ice abilites seem nice. I can't really get used to having to use circle mainly for combat though, it feels a little weird and a bit difficult to get used to. The teleport evasion her and the wizard gets seems to be cool, I'm sure you could combine her attacks with other party members for huge damage though, the tornado seems to clear up small enemies pretty well.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 3:47 pm

The fire staff doesn't seem as useful as the lightning and ice equivalants, and teleport is useful for escaping boss rush attacks. She does have plenty of offensive utility as well, which I'll show you when I'm able. How far do I have to play to unlock online?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 7:33 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
The fire staff doesn't seem as useful as the lightning and ice equivalants, and teleport is useful for escaping boss rush attacks.  She does have plenty of offensive utility as well, which I'll show you when I'm able.  How far do I have to play to unlock online?
When your on a quest to find 9 talismans. It'll say network play available.

Honestly all the characters have good attacks and stuff. I can't imagine she'll have the damage output of the other characters though, I mean she is a support character. You'll still be able to solo stuff she has loads of abusable moves, I doubt her DPS is going to match the wizard though.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 7:43 pm

I'm speccing for support, not outright damage, but she has enough offensive spells to do more than just wait for front-line guys to do their thing in combat.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 7:50 pm

I hate the wizard. I found some wizard bones and took him along for a few quests but all he does is turn the crates into minions, which just means I can't smash them for food.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 7:51 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I'm speccing for support, not outright damage, but she has enough offensive spells to do more than just wait for front-line guys to do their thing in combat.

I was planning on speccing her to have gravity, boulder, protect and food. Suck em in with gravity drop a boulder on their head, to give physical damage, and tornadoes do the rest of my general damage.

Also seriously simian have you not got skype or something, I thought you were a techwhore, surely whatever you use has skype on it, you don't need to talk just type.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 7:55 pm

I'd much rather use Mumble than Skype, you can type in it and it's far better from both an audio quality and bandwidth requirement perspective.

That was obviously a shitty wizard NPC because that wood golem skill looks awful. Pros get the cool nukes like meteor instead.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Quote :
I was planning on speccing her to have gravity, boulder, protect and food.  Suck em in with gravity drop a boulder on their head, to give physical damage, and tornadoes do the rest of my general damage.
I'm currently rolling Blizzard, Boulder, Food and carrying fire and lightning rods.  I did spec into Lightning cloud, but while it's strong the damage is rather periodic and I couldn't justify the bag space, especially with only six slots.

Quote :
Also seriously simian have you not got skype or something, I thought you were a techwhore, surely whatever you use has skype on it, you don't need to talk just type.

Both my phone and TV have Skype built-in, I've just never used it.  I may be a gadget-whore, but social media - including Skype! - and me typically don't mix very often.  I do have a mic though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:11 pm

I'm fine with mumble for when we're actually doing the whole talking thing. Skype is just handy because i'm always on it.

Yeah I got annoyed when the wizard did that apparently the sorceress doews it with bones to make skeletons or something. I didn't bother with blizzard or lighning as I assume I can have staffs for that element I might change my mind when i'm higher level though with more points. My sorceress is like level 5.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:19 pm

Blizzard lasts for a good few seconds, and immobilises and freezes every enemy on the screen, all whilst doing heavy damage. Thus far, it's the closest thing to a traditional AOE nuke she has.

Reviving skeletons is a waste, agreed. They're few and far between, and seem too situational.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:32 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Blizzard lasts for a good few seconds, and immobilises and freezes every enemy on the screen, all whilst doing heavy damage.  Thus far, it's the closest thing to a traditional AOE nuke she has.

Reviving skeletons is a waste, agreed.  They're few and far between, and seem too situational.
Oh ok, I didn't realise it was whole screen, I'm just wary of a lot of her spells not doing anything to bosses, I'm guessing you can't freeze them or use those status ailments.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 9:03 pm

I got arrested for being too cool or something, anyway the sorceress has a serious case of man hands.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Does the game have voice chat? Wouldn't it be simpler to just use that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Crown   Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon's Crown
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next