Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did you bet on Duke?

Go down 
+10
Golden Boy
Superbuu3
Skip
Kaio
Haseoviawesome
Eevil-Psycho
Mewmaster
Ellis
A_Nonny_Moose
Baal
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:19 am

You were crap.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:53 am

Watching a Let's Play on YouTube (mykittycontroller if you wanna watch as well.), Looks like what you'd expect. One Liners, Guns, Aliens, Steroids, & A GImmicky Section where you have to drive an RC Truck around an obstacle course to get a battery to a generator.

...I think Imma just watch all of the Let's Play and just never get the game. lol
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:02 am

Blair Waldorf wrote:
Ellis wrote:
I'd love to hang out with the Olsens and Lindsay Lohan. We could blow lines and and fuck shit up. I bet it would be a blast.

You're my favourite member.

NOOOOOOOOOO------------------- Sad
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:49 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Saw 2 was crap.
Saw 2 wasn't without merit, it wasn't a scratch on the first, but i was entertained while i watched it i'd never watch it again. Although anything will look good compared to its sequels.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:18 am

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:41 am

Yes, a long awaited game sold a lot of copies, that's obviously indicative of how good it is when most reviews of it are below average.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:09 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
http://www.psu.com/UK-Charts--Duke-Nukem-Forever-nabs-the-top-spot--a011995-p0.php

hmm, must not be all that bad...
You don't honestly believe that sales figures from the first month mean anything in regards to quality, do you?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:36 pm

no, but seeing as it sells well, there won't be as much wrong with it as reviewers try to make you believe now, is there? if it really, really sucked, do you think it would be on top of that list still?

and don't give me crap about it selling well due to nostalgia reasons alone...
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Ummm, don't give you the actual reason people are buying it? Because that's the reason it's selling so much. Unless you honestly think sales figures are actually indicative of quality.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:48 pm

to an extent, sales figures are indicative of quality, and you're an idiot if you say that isn't so...

bad games don't sell well
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Final Fantasy XIII and Dissidia Duodecim beg to differ.

Sadly, all of those are SE games.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:04 pm

Final Fantasy XIII is hardly a bad game though... (it sucks as a final fantasy, but on it's own, it's still ok)

if you wanna talk bad games, talk about Lair, Haze or Fracture... those are bad games.

I remember Haze for example had a lot of buzz going on, but it failed, and hard...
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:23 pm

FFXIII is a bad game no matter how you look at it.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
to an extent, sales figures are indicative of quality, and you're an idiot if you say that isn't so...
Perhaps after the initial hype has died down, sure. DNF isn't anywhere near that stage yet.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:38 pm

ah well, I'm having a blast with it, and in the end, that's all that really matters
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Baal wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I don't know why everyone's moaning about sexism. The worst thing in that video was Duke's incredibly dull voice acting.

Duke's always had a dull voice
Oh so suddenly "It's Duke so it's alright" is acceptable.

What? I was not saying that at all. I'm just pointing out that you're stating the obvious.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 2:16 pm

ahahah, FFXIII a bad game. You're a funny guy Baal.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 2:23 pm

Indeed I am.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:15 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
no, but seeing as it sells well, there won't be as much wrong with it as reviewers try to make you believe now, is there? if it really, really sucked, do you think it would be on top of that list still?

and don't give me crap about it selling well due to nostalgia reasons alone...
Thats only in the long run preorders can be really high on overhyped games. Honestly i don't care if this is good or shit. I still think boobs will make this sell though.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Ellis wrote:
ahahah, FFXIII a bad game. You're a funny guy Baal.

You're right, It's not a bad game, it's a terrible game.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Oh Kaio, your opinions are so cute.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:51 pm

SUPERBAD

Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:05 pm

FAIL

he still had to manually paradigm shift, sure, auto-battle goes a long way, but it doesn't win you the game if you don't know how to use your paradigms right...

try harder
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:09 pm

Yes, he had to move a stick once every minute in real time so the game would change its AI and continue to play for him without him actually having to really do anything.

GAME OF THE FUCKING YEAR
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:21 pm

my point still stands, sure, he doesn't have to do a lot, cause he chose the right paradigms and changed at the right times... but in no way does it mean the game or the battle system fails...

the key to this battle system is making you think about what paradigms to use, if he had other paradigms that didn't fit the battle at all, he would've failed the battle..

you can't call something a failure because it automatically does what you said it should do, even more so when it's an option and you can still choose to do everything on your own...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did you bet on Duke?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next