Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game of Thrones

Go down 
+14
SSMG
Haseoviawesome
Baal
Eevil-Psycho
Old School
Lord Percy Stark
Casa
Savage
Neo
Superbuu3
Skip
L Ron Hubbard
Kaio
Ellis
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Game of Thrones - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:05 am

Cheers guys.

Yeah what they did with Robb and Grey Wind made me feel sick too.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:49 am

I literally cannot stand Dany being so retarded anymore. She's so naive and dumb it's actually unbearable and I want her to just burn down Meereen and be done with it. I'd ask that she burn too but we all know that doesn't work and aaaaaaaaaaaaah she's going to give everyone the fucking plague and then act all confused about why it happened.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:08 am

Welp, I'm done. It took me 41 days but I did it. Don't know what to with myself now.

Don't read this idiots:
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:13 am

RE: Stark Family Curse
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:21 am

Answering Neo's post yo:
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:52 am

the best thing about finishing the books is opening every spoiler tag I see and reading every theory I can get my hands on

jojen paste lol
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:08 am

Episode was great but they kind of cocked up the ending. They should've followed the books there and had the episode end with the Others emerging from the trees and screaming into the camera. As it stands, they just ignore Sam and it looks ridiculous.

(plus the cgi isn't so good)
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:27 am

Also I'm very disappointed about the lack of Ramsey.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:00 am

I feel like I'm enjoying each episode less and less as they progressively stray further from the books.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:56 am

Pennywise wrote:
I feel like I'm enjoying each episode less and less as they progressively stray further from the books.
I have to agree, it's still a good show but I wish they'd just follow the books.

I'm pretty sure the one thing Dany took away from the whole tower experience was 'the dragon has three heads', and that wasn't mentioned at all. Nor was the series title drop "yours is the song of ice and fire". At least she seemed more like book Dany, in that she's wrathful, not whiny. Though I guess she does whinge a fair bit in the books too, but not at this stage in the story.

What are we supposed to believe happened in Winterfell? Did the iron men burn it down and piss off or did Bolton's bastard do it all anyway? I liked Theon's speech though.

The ending was pretty terrible though, in so far as Sam didn't do the one thing he'd done in the story (sending the ravens), and the way they all just ignored him pissing himself behind the rock.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:09 pm

The season was better than the book.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:37 pm

100% disagree.

This season was worse than the first even though it had elements (such as AryaxTywin, Bronn, and Stannis the One Man Vanguard) that were vastly superior.

For everything this season did right, it did two things wrong. Did you know Ros got more scenes this season than fucking Jaime?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Game of Thrones - Page 7 C8a
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:59 pm

that article is as arduous and interminable as any given Qarth scene
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Counterpoint:

Game of Thrones - Page 7 8Xusm
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:00 pm

You better believe that I just pwned you in three different posts.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:18 pm

where are my dragons > wolf dreams/swamp kids/jon snow internal monologues
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Don't hate on Jon Snow, man. He's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:11 am

A Dance With Dragons Customer Review

*Very Minor Spoilers For Things You Will Not Care About*

Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister sat at the head of the council table in places of high honor. They had been sorely missed in the previous volume and were expected to do great things now that they had returned. Other major characters took up the rest of the seats on either side of them, while hundreds upon hundreds of side characters filled their own tables that crammed the great hall like fruits in a barrel. A cacophony of sounds and colors filled the room, so much that they could not tell one man from another. All the finery of Westeros and the lands beyond were present with all their sigils and banners and native tongues as they awaited the attack of the Others outside their walls. Winter was coming too, though reports differed on exactly when.

Daenerys stood up, her tokar billowing down like a sea of pearls on soft eastern fabric. "Lords, ladies, random no-name filler characters who I would soon forget in a minute or so, you know why we are all gathered here!"

They all answered in unison. "THE OTHERS! DRAGONS! WINTER! POLITICS! ENTERTAINMENT! WHOOP WHOOP!"

"Yes, that is indeed what you came here for," she giggled, as if it were a secret jest. "The Others are outside our door, winter is coming," she winked at Jon. "I have three dragons, and soon I will retake my father's throne! But before we get to all that riveting stuff, and since words are wind and hardly filling, we feast!"

Thousands of confused whispers greeted her announcement, as if they could not imagine feasting at a time like this. There's never a bad time to feast! she thought.

Tyrion quipped next to her, "I would sooner have a whore feast on my-"

Servants brought it in the dishes then: bowls of venison swimming in butter and garlic, suckling pigs with apples in their mouths roasted to a light brown crisp, crunchy capons flavored with garlic and cloves stuffed with bits of bacon and vegetables, neeps fresh from the soil dabbed with butter and sweet and sour sauce, cakes and pies and pastries of chocolate and vanilla and fruit with icing molded to various different shapes that pleased the eyes as well as the tongue. They tucked into them, crumbs and sauces coating their beards and doublets. Even the ladies could not seem to get food stains off their dresses.

A serving man brought her barley stew with chopped carrots and greens on a loaf of hollowed flat bread. He was a short man with even shorter hair, parted in the middle with wisps of grey among the black. He had small, close-set eyes and a wide, flat nose that made him resemble the suckling pig on the table. His doublet was brown roughspun slashed with vair and velvet and bore the sigil of the house he served: a fierce gray troll on a field of green. The man was born Braavosi, but his mother took him and fled to Westeros when his father died from the pox, taking a job as a washerwoman for some minor lord. He did not like spicy foods, his favorite color was yellow, and he liked to walk along the shoreline as the sun descended into the sea.

They ate like this for hours, lustily and with abandon, while the Others banged outside. How rude! Perhaps they're hungry, Dany thought.

When they were done Dany wiped the grease from her chin and addressed the table. "That was an incredible feast. Let's have one again in a couple of pages. Jaime, what is our situation?"

"The Others have us surrounded, your grace," he reached for a goblet, which tipped over and spilled when he used his golden hand.

"I see. Ser Barristan, what do you suggest we do?" She turned to the knight.

"If I would be so bold your grace, I would suggest you take your dragons to battle. The Others are cold, fell creatures, and fear dragon fire."

"That sounds like a splendid idea, Ser Barristan! But I seem to have misplaced my dragons."

The old knight looked confused. "You...what?"

"Yes, I don't really know where they are," she shrugged. "No matter, I'll ride my boyfriend to battle. He's so handsome, with his forked beard and blue hair....on second thought, I think I'll ride him to bed. I'll leave the Others and retaking my father's throne to the rest of you." She hiked up her skirts and ran up the stairs to her bedchambers, singing DAARIO, OH DAARIO in a high pitched, Disney Channel voice.

The table was silent and befuddled when Ser Barristan cleared his throat uneasily. "I...suppose my queen and her dragons will not be joining us. Forgive her...she's still young...Lord Snow," he turned to Jon for rescue. "Will the Night's Watch avail us? Battling the Others is your province."

Jon looked up solemnly from his food, flexing his sword hand. "Wildlings."

"Excuse me?"

"Wildlings. I must deal with the wildlings."

Ser Barristan spoke slowly. "That sounds most...valiant, but...don't you think the Others are more important? They're right outside our-"

"YOU KNOW NOTHING, SER BARRISTAN!" Jon stood up suddenly, his face fierce. "None of you do!" He faced each member of the table in turn. "All of you are so concerned with your game of thrones and your dragons and this one is backstabbing that one while marrying this one, none of you have any inkling what's really happening! There are...so...many...WILDLINGS! So many! I don't know what to do with them all! Wildlings in my room, wildlings in my privy, wildlings in my soup, wildlings, wildlings, WILDLINGS! You don't think I would rather vanquish Others and wights, but how can I when I have to wade through WILDLINGS?!" Tears ran down his bearded face. "But do you care?! NO! It's because I'm a BASTARD isn't it? WAAAAAHHHH!" He ran from the table, sobbing, his path impeded by a sea of wildlings.

"Why, isn't this a lively war council." The imp laughed.

Ser Barristan was at his wits end. Will no one do SOMETHING? "Lannister, while I am loathe to trust you, we could all use your cunning to navigate this impending battle."

Tyrion grinned, a terrifying sight without a nose. "I am flattered Ser Barristan, but I don't give a mummer's fart what happens to any of you. Maybe in the next book. But for now, all I want to do is to find where whores go. Podrick, fetch me my armor and steed!"

His squire came out of nowhere, pulling a pig on a leash. He donned Tyrion in mail made of cardboard painted with crude, peeling designs, and placed a jester's cap on his head. The character assassination was not complete until the imp hopped onto the sow in a graceful tumble that would not have shamed a mummer, and galloped away as fast as those piggy legs could take him out of the castle, and out of the story...while stopping every now and then to ask passersby "Where do whores go?".

Not for the first time Ser Barristan wondered how he had ended up here. Was he the only one who remembered what really mattered? Surely he wasn't that old. "So, what does that leave us?" he addressed the rather emptier table. "Our most major characters are off dallying about like headless chickens, doing things no one cares about, ignoring what made our series so riveting in the first place..." He stopped, there were people missing. "Where are Bran and Davos?"

Cersei answered him. "I see them at the edge of my vision sometimes. They come and go so quickly that if you blink too fast you'll miss them. Its quite unnatural. I'd rather they stayed dea-" She gasped when Davos appeared beside her, but was gone again just as quick.

Barristan placed his head in his hands, never feeling so old as he did now. "Will NO ONE do something about the Others? Or just something INTERESTING! ANYTHING that we can do so I won't go mad?"

"...Osmund Kettleblack and Moonboy for all I know...," Jaime murmured.

"...Ser Meryn, Ser Ilyn, Queen Cersei...", prattled Arya.

Stannis gritted his teeth.

Victarion did something crazy or whatever.

"Why am I even in these books?" Asha called out, but was ignored.

Bran popped out from under the table, "I'm almost a man grown!" and was gone again.

"Seven save us," Barristan groaned, as the Others broke down the doors and swarmed into the castle. Barristan faced the readers. "Please, return to us in The Winds of Winter, spring 2020, if you still care." The old knight plopped his head on the table and went into a much needed sleep...

The plot slept with him.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:43 am

Just started on A Dance with Dragons. Watched the first episode of this season but my lack of HBO has severely effected my watching the rest.

My main fear this season is if Jaime gets more than a few scenes. I've been told the battles are done much better so that's nice plus more direwolf, but Jaime is such a fan favorite (and rightfully so, he just gets better with every book) that I don't see how they will leave him out even though he has like 3 parts in the book----since he spends the vast majority of it in a cell. Not a fan of the character they picked for Stannis, but that's just purely based on how I had imagined him looking in my head while reading the books. The TV version makes him look...small.

Anyway if any of this has already been addressed i'm sorry. There was a lot of post since I left and I didn't really want to spoil myself (even if I have read the book)
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:25 am

Stephen Dillane (Stannis) owns bones. Give him time.

also you can straight up watch every episode here:
http://misclivetv.blogspot.com/p/game-of-thrones-live.html
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:19 am

So I'm finding A Feast for Crows pretty hard to get into. Well, compared to the other books at least. I'm roughly 300 pages in, does it start to pick up any time soon? So far the chapter that most interested me was the Arya one and there have only been one so far. I'm not really a fan of the Dorne based chapters and Samwell is boring. So really I've got Jamie who isn't really doing much but he's Jamie so whatever, Cercei who's just stewing in her paranoia and Sansa who's alright but also isn't really doing anything. I liked her a bit more when it was revealed that she told the guard to lock Robert's door, because Robert is a twat, though I suppose it's not really his fault that he had a batshit insane mother.

Oh and Asha's chapters look like they're going to get exciting with the Kingsmoot coming up.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:57 am

Sansa chapters are actually decent in AFfC, though that's only because they showcase Littlefinger being his marvelously scheming self.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones
Page 7 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next