Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SoulCalibur V

Go down 
+15
Savage
Old School
Ellis
Maskull
Kimarous
Eevil-Psycho
Skip
Superbuu3
Rockstar_Sinistar
Baal
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
brandon
Mewmaster
Golden Boy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:33 am

Quote :
- Player Match: players can create special rooms, access to challenge friends in single match or in small tournaments.
- Viewers can leave comments in a chat room.
- Global Colosseum is an Extended Lobby, which can access up to 50 Player
- Each player is represented by a card (which can be customized with a number of options)
- UI very "visual" and easily readable.
- Selecting a player card, you can check stats and challenge a Player
- In the MIddle of Colosseo there are two section
- Random Match is always available
- Players can place their card for random matches
- The other area is dedicated to the Ranked Match. It will not always active: will light up about 2 times a month, for a few days.
- Ranks from E5 to A1. To level-up, you must defeat a player of higher level or many opponents with same rank.
- Another major introduction is the Soul Link. You can choose up to three players to be monitored constantly to keep an eye on their stats and activities. (A sort of Autolog)
- Soul Calibur V servers are located in the Tokyo office,
- Netcode is very stable

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34266981&postcount=909
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:05 am

Blair Waldorf wrote:
- Another major introduction is the Soul Link. You can choose up to three players to be monitored constantly to keep an eye on their stats and activities. (A sort of Autolog)

i'm going to stalk the shit out of you
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:11 am

Mr. soy milky wrote:
Blair Waldorf wrote:

And also follow his stats and stuff?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:28 am

but of course
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Mr. soy milky wrote:
Blair Waldorf wrote:

Wait so your current levels of stalking were you not being serious.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:03 pm

My stats are going to be pathetic, but my characters will be fabulous.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:15 pm

I didn't realise this was out so soon. Not sure if I should pre-order or not. Had a lot of fun with SC2, 3, and 4 but this one hasn't caught my eye much.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:18 pm

I'm sure you'll all be amazed by my inevitable Ronald McDonald Astaroth skin. I'm not even good with his style but goddamn if it isn't fun.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Blair Waldorf wrote:
Your shockingly modest lets face it, if moose gets this you will hand his ass to him repeatedly.

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I didn't realise this was out so soon. Not sure if I should pre-order or not. Had a lot of fun with SC2, 3, and 4 but this one hasn't caught my eye much.
Eh? Even the Voldo poster I thought that was targeted at your demographic?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:33 pm

What's my demographic?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:42 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
What's my demographic?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:43 pm

That doesn't help at all.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Blair Waldorf wrote:
Your shockingly modest lets face it, if moose gets this you will hand his ass to him repeatedly.

Nah, I'm serious. I had even forgotten that there is a block button until recently... and I doubt I'll have enough time to get decent enough.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Mr. soy milky wrote:
Blair Waldorf wrote:

Wait so your current levels of stalking were you not being serious.

i've been thinking of changing my style, what better way than to stalk chou?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:31 pm

A secret character has been leaked:

Alpha Patroklos

And judging by his fighting style, he's replacing Setsuka.
So... there must be an Omega Pyrrha too. I wonder whom she'll be replacing.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Oh that's a terrible way to replace Setsuka. If super Pyrrha uses a scythe I'll be pissed.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Why not just have a proper character have Setsuka's style? What's the point of making an alternate Patroklos with a different style?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Story reasons apparently.

Quote :
You play mainly as Patrolokos. "The developer mixes things up by putting you in control of Pyrrha and ZWEI for a couple of fights and revising Patrolokos' and Pyrrha's movesets late on but it's mostly forgettable, a couple of unlockable characters barely justifying the three hour investment." Another part of their problem is it loses some familiarity as the story is based on new characters.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34241421&postcount=76

SoulCalibur V - Page 12 445px-Soul_Edge_%28SC5%29

Soul Edge looks like a short sword now. Sword styles from IV that are still missing:

- Yun
- Vader
- The Apprentice
- Amy
- Cassandra
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 4:45 pm

I see, well I guess that's something, still doesn't seem exactly logical.

Vader and Starkiller probably won't be in V in person or style since they were guest characters. And we already have two sword + shield users, so maybe Patroklos is based on Casandra's style? Because Pyrrha is very similar to Sophitia.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 4:58 pm

Perhaps Omega Pyrrha will use Talim's style? I'd rather it be something else as Talim has been worthless since 3 but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 5:08 pm

I read that normal Patroklos has a unique moveset, but it has the same "feel" as Cassandra's.
As for Amy, she was hated by the tournament players (that Namco seems to want to please this time) because she was the equivalent of T6 Bob. She was a "clone" too of Raphael.
Oh, and they have already given Kratos' moves to Aeon/Lizardman. It seems like they don't want to waste old guest's movesets.

So I suppose Pyrrha replacing either Yun or a SW character would make the most sense.

---

Also, I just realised that most of the low-bottom tier characters of IV are missing (Yun, Talim, Zas, Rock, Mi-na). Coincidence...?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 5:11 pm

I liked Yun Seong's style, especially his kicks, so hopefully - if he's been cut - Omega Pyrrha has his style.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 5:27 pm

I kinda want to play A Pat, but Setsuka was one of the hardest characters in SCIV. I'll probably have to settle for his other version.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 5:41 pm

There's no way they can just leave Talim out.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Seems like the vid was removed. It was re-uploaded though:

Patsuka sounds terrible.

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
There's no way they can just leave Talim out.

Well, apparently that's what one of the admins of the 8wayrun said days ago:

"Chill out dude. Of course we are trolling. Alpha Pat and Evil Phyrra? Kilik on fire? No Talim or Zas? Are you ******* NUTS? Do you know how crazy all that is? I'm just surprised people have even bit onto that, frankly."

Kilik will need a new weapon since Xiba is now the staff user. Perhaps, a scythe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SoulCalibur V   SoulCalibur V - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SoulCalibur V
Page 12 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next