Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do. Empty
PostSubject: Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do.   Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:09 pm

Thread for Spider-Man games.

Anyways, since Web of Shadows seem to be the exact same on the Wii as it is on the 360 and PS3, I decided to go ahead and download it. I also have Ultimate Spidey for GC which I will play at some point too. I just started playing Web of Shadows and the gameplay seems to be as fun as I remembered it, although the Wii controls are a bit awkward. You use the Wiimote the Swing, the button for physical attacks, the D-Pad for Camera, the Z-Button to fire webs and A to jump. I'm sure I'll get used to it soon but it will be very weird until then.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do.   Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:26 pm

The Wii version got cool alternate costumes, but lacked the assist powers. Which is annoying because the assists are bullcrap and the costumes looked nice.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do.   Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:44 pm

Just unlocked the Ben Riley suit, it's cool.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do.   Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:37 pm

My god this game is slow, it's also annoying how the only side missions in the first act are "Beat up number of guys" and "Take people to hospital". ...It's still better than delivering pizzas though.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do.   Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:22 pm

The Spider-Carnage Suit is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do.   Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:35 pm

"BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!"

This line was not only ridiculously stupid but the VA is so bad at doing a serious Spidey voice that he comes of as forced and stupid.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do.   Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:40 pm

Black Cat is as awesome as I remembered.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do.   Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:08 am

Started playing Web of Shadows again today, and got so far I defeated Electro

I love the plane scene when MK says "You speak truth to Konshu" and Spider-Man mumbles to himself: "And I thought I was nuts"

After defeating Black Cat I chose red to :snork: go to crazy Moon Knight and receive the exact same orders from him. Interaction with him is a lot more fun than with Black Cat, cause he's so nuts he's funny Laughing

Story is ridiculously bad it's hilarious lol! I decided not to take it seriously when it comes to story like I did first time I played. Highly enjoying the combat

Can't wait to fight symbiote Electro and choose black on him
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do.   Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:08 pm

Been considering playing one of the games I have but didn't play in a while, went on with Ultimate Spider-Man, never minded how it starts with a boss fight, still have no reason to be annoyed about it

Like Spider-Man 2 this game still forces player to complete certain amount of given side quests (street missions, token collection) to progress in story, that's annoying, at least I can enjoy the upgrade here over that one in being able to finish those amounts for almost all story missions (before the combat tours are unlocked anyway). That obligation is the one thing that bothered me in PS2 free roam Spidey games

What I did so far before the Venom tutorial: Finished all easy races, defeated Johnny on the second race, collected all landmark tokens as I usually do since third playthrough. I'm not sure if what I think is right, but it seems the comic tokens are placed in locations where things happened in the issues, gonna have to read comics again to see to what degree what I think is right/wrong
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do.   Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spider-Man: Does whatever the developers allow him to do.
Page 1 of 1