Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summer Wars

Go down 
+3
Kaede
Talking Sock
Rockstar_Sinistar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:52 am

OH MY GOD IS THIS FUCKING AMAZING!!!

Trailer for those who don't know.

I got this today and just got done watching it. Best purchase of the year! (Or until I change my opinion.)
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:56 am

*insert obligatory "looks like the Digimon movie!"*
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 10:41 am

It wasn't amazing. It was very good, but it was very similar to Digimon, not that that's a bad thing, but in all the spectacle people's opinions often get blown out of proportions.
I still enjoyed it a lot, though.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:00 am

But really. Did the same director who did the second Digimon film just use the same plot for his own "original film" or is there actually more to this movie's story?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:04 pm

Well, it's a shonen, so it's a story about guts, fighting for what's right, and love.
Basically.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Kaede wrote:
It wasn't amazing. It was very good, but it was very similar to Digimon, not that that's a bad thing, but in all the spectacle people's opinions often get blown out of proportions.

Most people only saw the butchered American version of the Digimon movies, so it's no surprise that when a similar movie to "Our War Game" shows up, except not butchered, it's gonna get a lot of praise and attention.

Hosoda also made One Piece movie 6, so I pretty much consider him one of Japan's best filmmakers when it comes to animation.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Inb4 Baal comes in and explains how the butchering of the Digimon movie(s) made them watchable.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Seriously, the orchestral music for Omnimon's appearance was fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Kaio wrote:
Kaede wrote:

Most people only saw the butchered American version of the Digimon movies, so it's no surprise that when a similar movie to "Our War Game" shows up, except not butchered, it's gonna get a lot of praise and attention.

Hosoda also made One Piece movie 6, so I pretty much consider him one of Japan's best filmmakers when it comes to animation.

I didn't see Our War Game, just the first and second series.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:52 pm

Wait people like digimon?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:32 am

>_>

Should I have watched the Digimon movie first? Actually, The only time I saw anything of Digimon was on Baal's stream. -_- I only got this because it was from the maker of "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time". Another movie I thought was good. (From what I saw of it, anyway.)
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 3:38 pm

It's unrelated to Digimon. Don't bother.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:

The original Japanese one is awful. It takes itself too seriously, it has horribly out of place music and I can't take any of the characters seriously as children.

The English dub at least takes the piss out of itself enough to be enjoyable and has nice music along with fun accents on some of the Digimon.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:37 pm

Baal wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

The original Japanese one is awful. It takes itself too seriously, it has horribly out of place music and I can't take any of the characters seriously as children.

The English dub at least takes the piss out of itself enough to be enjoyable and has nice music along with fun accents on some of the Digimon.
So was it actually entertaining enough to watch or was this a nostalgia thing? I can't remember how old that show is but you guys must've been young.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:37 pm

The second season of Digimon is a nostalgia thing, the first and third seasons are legit good with some stupidity while the second season is mostly stupid with very little good.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Baal wrote:
The second season of Digimon is a nostalgia thing, the first and third seasons are legit good with some stupidity while the second season is mostly stupid with very little good.
Yeah, this is probably about right.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 8:02 pm

The fourth season is all bad and I will not watch the fifth season because I don't want to.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 8:46 pm

I liked the first season. The second sucked, and the new, younger characters were bad, so I stopped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer Wars
Page 1 of 1